Autopsy Round 15, 2023 : Hawks get burned by Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Young-team-on-the-road-and-coming-off-the-bye syndrome. Not much to worry about, but a pity we couldn't give a better account of ourselves

FMD, there are a lot of downhill skiers on this board.

This year was not about making the finals. It is a development year. Games like this were always going to happen. And there will be more.

Win a game or two and you think we are ready for finals.

And guys like Mitchell Madness - man, you are a piece of work. Total s**t for brains.
What in my posts was wrong today?
I barely said anything
If you're going to target posters, at least have the decency to highlight what.

I'm hardly alone in my criticism of players, and happily put my hand up when those players turn it around, and even pot myself when I make incorrect calls.

Or is it several posters not liking the lack of basic effort that upsets you?

These boards were fantastic in the lead up to our threepeat, plenty of people around that could have a variety of opinions, it was either discussed or ignored.

These boards have gone down the drain since then, you have players that are immune from criticism, and others that can win a game off their own boot and be widely panned (in fact, schoenmakers was in the same boat and this was before thebthreepeat)

Yes, be very patient, but never tolerant.
Well you need to be tolerant.

You need to tolerate that a young inexperienced side is going give you many highs & lows.

I’ve said all season that we’ll win some that you wouldn’t expect & we’ll lose some you wouldn’t expect.

We’ll play well at times & we’ll play shite at times

Patience & tolerance my friend.
Patience & tolerance

I have to say the Suns fans are among the best in the league.

I was talking to the bloke next to me, and he said what a great player Noah Anderson was. I told him if his dad had've played 6 more games for Hawthorn he'd be playing for us. He wasn't aware. I said his dad, Dean, was a decent player and kicked 4 goals in the 1989 grand final. And then, because he was a Suns fan, I explained what a grand final was. He laughed a genuine belly laugh and said "That's gold."

Controversial Opinion: Scrimshaw was in our best 6 today (admittedly a low bar today.). Evidence (other than my opinion) second most disposals, second highest SuperCoach score.

Dud he make mistakes today, sure did. The echo chamber during the Game Day thread was astounding, every mistake was highlighted by half a dozen posts, every good bit of play (and there were a few) were met by crickets.

I tip plenty of posts in here bagging him.
I gave him BoG on a horrid day.

Tough watch.

Post bye, no Sicily, away... not really shocked if honest.

Need to find a way for Mackenzie to kick the ball more. Everything is by hand right now. A bit like CMAC outside of last week.

One definitive comment I'm happy to make... Scrimshaw is not built for finals... his efforts, often one hand, are everything that accepts mediocrity
At least he tried all game - more than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD, there are a lot of downhill skiers on this board.

This year was not about making the finals. It is a development year. Games like this were always going to happen. And there will be more.

Win a game or two and you think we are ready for finals.

And guys like Mitchell Madness - man, you are a piece of work. Total s**t for brains.

Come on - don't play the man.

Yeah it was a real ordinary day. Not sure it was worse than the port first half or Cats second half at the G but right up there for sure.

We were lucky it wasn’t 100+ today.

We had decent half's vs those two (and essendon)

This loss was slightly below the swans game in terms of 4 quarter lack of effort

Scrim is one of the most talented players on our list. And far from out worst today with the ball living in our backline.

But he won’t make it if he continues to play with no energy and intensity.

Whether it’s when he’s got the ball or defending. It looks like he’s giving 20%.

I know that’s not true and he’s giving a lot more. I just want to see some desperation from him. It’s what will cement him in the side.

Last edited:
Scrim is one of the most talented players on our list. And far from out worst today with the ball living in our backline.

But he won’t make it if he continues to play with no energy and intensity.

Whether it’s when he’s got the ball or defending. It looks like he’s giving 20%.

I know that’s not true and it’s giving a lot more. I just want to see some desperation from him. It’s what will cement him in the side.

The killer wasnt the dropped marks. It was in the last where lukocious was side by side with him and jogged for a lead as scrim walked

Last edited:
Somebody asked Mitch Lewis at training how many goals he would be happy with.

He said 5

I didn’t realise he was talking about the whole team ffs.

Really surprised to be honest. The boys were in such good spirits and played like they trained in the first quarter. It was still 23 degrees when the game started so I thought we def needed to start well. No idea what happened after quarter time though.

First time watching a game there, was really surprised by how many Hawk supporters were there. Well done! It was at least 60/40 their way if not 50/50. Most of their supporters looked like older ex-pats who jumped on board. Can’t see it working long term, hope I’m wrong because stadium is good.

This is the pic of the bar at half time

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
Day, Worpel, Hardwick 3,2,1 for mine

Scrimshaw went at 90% it felt like he made a few basic errors but I would have him in the top 6 or so on ground.

it was the bottom 6 that cost us today and frustrated me! That happens with a young side i dont mind, but I hate no effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back