Game Day Collingwood v Brisbane, Marvel, 18 August, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sky isn't falling, we're missing three of the best players in the competition, lost two defenders during the game, and we're playing a dead rubber

Things will click

We will have to do what no other premiership contender has done in recent memory and turn around a form slump of epic proportions.

You’re all expecting it to “click” just like in 2019 where we thought we would.

No chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should have been made a month ago, now it will look like desperation
True. We kept playing older players who looked tired and out of form through June and July. Should have freshened them up, and given younger guys confidence against weaker teams, but Fly was too stubborn to not "manage" players.

They are not a team we would want to meet in finals. Brisbane have our measure.
They've had our measure at the Gabba and at Marvel minus our 3 best players in what is essentially a dead rubber. Given their MCG record, if we can avoid them at the Gabba in a prelim, I dont think its the 'lay down misère' you're making it out to be.

Sheesh the calls from some in here that we are just going to magically ‘turn this around’ either haven’t watched us for a month or are smoking some good stuff. This form is sustained at the moment, not just a blip. It reminds me of Melbourne in 2022.
Very Melbourne of last year.

I am not going doom and gloom yet, the most worrying thing for me is the midfield even last week in the win i think we relied on rebound of halfback, today a 300+ gamer was probably our best mid (hats off to him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back