Review Round 24, 2023 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring of JHF's contests have "jumped the shark". The club has to to put together a video montage of his frees for versus his frees against and submit it to the umpiring head honcho with a please explain. This sh*t will cost us a final win.
And what the feck is it with the premature "play on" calls we've been getting after a free/mark the last few games?

The umpiring of JHF's contests have "jumped the shark". The club has to to put together a video montage of his frees for versus his frees against and submit it to the umpiring head honcho with a please explain. This sh*t will cost us a final win.
And what the feck is it with the premature "play on" calls we've been getting after a free/mark the last few games?
No wonder JHF loses his shit

OMFG that was hard to watch 🤢🥺

Could we possibly make more ****ups in a match and still contrive a win 🤮

But hey! We are Gunna smash Brizzy at the Gabba.
Yeah. Right!

Hard to find any positives other than:

1. Frank the Tank rocks - 3 ripper goals
2. Lord showed a bit
3. Butters is a gun - which we all knew
4. We had at least a dozen sub par blokes out there today (which is a worry for two weeks time) and took the points.

I want to forget this game was ever played and move on!

I actually thought both Jonas and boak were serviceable

At least none of them did the basic schoolboy errors like Jones dropping 5 absolute sitters. He was back to his absolute dreadful worst. Infuriating.

Finlayson - we all love him as a bloke and the story but JFC he’s really walking a fine line. Cannot kick a goal, gets no where near it and is beyond out of sorts

DBJ. Is getting as bad as when he was in the backlin. How is this guy an inspirational leader to anyone?

Today's game was further evidence that Tom Jonas made the right decision to retire. His reflexes are shot and he struggles to pick the ball up off the ground. About to only sure way Jonas can take possession is to mark it or take a hand ball.

If McKenzie is fit then surely he comes in for Jonas?

Another player to have a stinker today was Lachie Jones. Dylan Willaims had almost as much of the footy in one quarter than Jones had for the entire game. How is Williams not in our best side?
How a dreadfully out of form Lachie Jones is picked ahead of Dylan Williams is staggering.

I actually thought both Jonas and boak were serviceable

At least none of them did the basic schoolboy errors like Jones dropping 5 absolute sitters. He was back to his absolute dreadful worst. Infuriating.

Finlayson - we all love him as a bloke and the story but JFC he’s really walking a fine line. Cannot kick a goal, gets no where near it and is beyond out of sorts

DBJ. Is getting as bad as when he was in the backlin. How is this guy an inspirational leader to anyone?
To have DBJ and the word’s inspirational leader in the same sentence is laughable.

Weve tried different subs the whole season but the williams sub burton forward wont hold up in finals. Ryan isnt jeremy howe swingman who we can just plonk forward and kick multiple goals and williams is too good to not be in the starting 6 defenders. Imagine having him intercept when balta kept aliir accountable early. Everyone saying how he was recruited as a forward but has been in the system long enough now and been groomed as a defender even in his hawthorn days. Burton had one touch as a forward

Jones is almost the perfect impact sub we have in that he can come on and charge in with his big body and take some blokes out. Reason he is prefered over williams is that one game i think against the bombers where he was marking and charging at everything bouncing off the defensive 50. The only trait he has over dylan is probably just the athleticism. Dyl is a better kick, clean intercept marker, more consistent and more composed.

I know who would i would back to stand up in a final
Jones is bigger that is all it comes down to because we are too short at the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMFG that was hard to watch 🤢🥺

Could we possibly make more ****ups in a match and still contrive a win 🤮

But hey! We are Gunna smash Brizzy at the Gabba.
Yeah. Right!

Hard to find any positives other than:

1. Frank the Tank rocks - 3 ripper goals
2. Lord showed a bit
3. Butters is a gun - which we all knew
4. We had at least a dozen sub par blokes out there today (which is a worry for two weeks time) and took the points.

I want to forget this game was ever played and move on!
That last sentence, feel like we’ve been saying that a lot this year

I thought Duursma had an ordinary game yesterday. The number of times he shanked a kick or made a bad decision. A classic was when he took a mark on the wing, couldn't find a target ahead of him so decided to kick the footy backwards only to hit a Tigers player on the chest.

His skills at times aren't AFL standard.

I thought Duursma had an ordinary game yesterday. The number of times he shanked a kick or made a bad decision. A classic was when he took a mark on the wing, couldn't find a target ahead of him so decided to kick the footy backwards only to hit a Tigers player on the chest.

His skills at times aren't AFL standard.

His kicking was poor but he also had 22 possessions, 7 marks, 4 tackles and a goal. He contributes so much with his end to end running, popping up to help the defence and then at the other end for shots at goal. His marking is excellent and his tackling is good. Yes his kicking can let him down at times, but in reality what he provides as an overall package in that position is not being bettered by anyone else on our list.

His kicking was poor but he also had 22 possessions, 7 marks, 4 tackles and a goal. He contributes so much with his end to end running, popping up to help the defence and then at the other end for shots at goal. His marking is excellent and his tackling is good. Yes his kicking can let him down at times, but in reality what he provides as an overall package in that position is not being bettered by anyone else on our list.
His marking is a strength and he works hard. Improvements in his kicking/decision making would make him a complete player.

Agree that he needs to play, but his lack of closing speed on the chase was evident yesterday (maybe he was puffed from previous repeat efforts), as was his fumbling in the first half especially. He’s not in his best form by a long shot but he’s better than Boak at the moment, Burgoyne’s not ready to bring onto a wing in a finals campaign and Sinn is injured and entirely unproven. So we need to play him, and should play him, but it would be great to get his game up by 10%. I agree that his tackling and overhead marking are on point.

What did people think of Lord's game? I admit I was disappointed after quarter time, didn't seem to have any impact and was held out of marking contests too easily. Richmond took way too many marks in our F50 (not all Lord's fault though).

But Hinkley talked him up in the press conference and even suggested he could hold his spot when Dixon comes back.

What did people think of Lord's game? I admit I was disappointed after quarter time, didn't seem to have any impact and was held out of marking contests too easily. Richmond took way too many marks in our F50 (not all Lord's fault though).

But Hinkley talked him up in the press conference and even suggested he could hold his spot when Dixon comes back.
Probably says more about Finlayson than Lord.

Finny needs a firecracker.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jasper Pittard if he played on the wing

He struggled to make an impact but it's very difficult as a sub 20 game key forward to play well as a 2nd KPF when the opponent is basically flooding and the senior KPF in the team is woefully out of touch and offering very little.

I think he'd be better with either of Marshall or Dixon back to create some space for him.

Edit: On a positive note, both his set shots were gun barrel straight, even if one was from the goalsquare.

A couple Good moments, But yeah seemed to disappear for a bit of the game. I like that his gotta little bit of mongrel.
Wish he was little for effective in the ruck as would really add something to his game.

If Dixon and Lycett are back will be intetesting if Finlayson or Lord go out.

Any perceived impact on our performance that might come at Adelaide Oval, will never outweigh the MASSIVE advantage that Brisbane will gain from playing at home. It's not just the crowd momentum factor, or their familiarity with the ground, but also the conditions.

It's a massive advantage that takes what would be a 50/50 game at our ground to maybe a 80/20 in their favour.

It's for that reason that I don't understand why people would even bother trying to justify that we wont be negatively impacted by playing away.
It's all about starting well. If we give the Lions an early 5 goal head start, that will get the crowd involved, and they'll be tough to beat. But if we're with them at half time (or even in front), that little voice inside their heads will be uttering those awful words, "Not again." I reckon we're a huge chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back