Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Port Sat Sept 9th 7:25pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 21.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nerves are kicking in. I couldn't imagine being a player. The weight of responsibility they must feel would probably kill me.

I’m actually quite confident we win this. Haven’t been this confident since the round 3 showdown. So take from that what you will 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me Port are a very good team. I'm hoping Lions of course but have a feeling Port will get up

If you lose, you probably don't make a grand final as you would have to go through a freshened up Melbourne/Collingwood at the MCG.

This may very well be Brisbane's best opportunity to capitalize on a premiership considering they have very little upside left in them unless they sign a star free agent in the off season.

If you lose, you probably don't make a grand final as you would have to go through a freshened up Melbourne/Collingwood at the MCG.

This may very well be Brisbane's best opportunity to capitalize on a premiership considering they have very little upside left in them unless they sign a star free agent in the off season.

Holy s**t guys if we lose this we just fold the club for the next 10 years.

I don't really rate any team other than maybe Melbourne as having the ability to knock Brisbane off at the Gabba and even then a lot of things would have to go right. Experience will kick in, Brisbane to get to a 2-3 goal arms length that Port won't quite be able to close fully for the first half. Brisbane pull out to ~5 goals and then pull well clear in the last.

Not really anything against Port, but the Gabba has become the biggest fortress in footy again and would take a genuinely big effort to overcome.

Question may be answered elsewhere, but why is this game the final game of the round? Thought the top 4 teams would be getting an advantage over the 5-8 teams via a longer break before semi finals.

Question may be answered elsewhere, but why is this game the final game of the round? Thought the top 4 teams would be getting an advantage over the 5-8 teams via a longer break before semi finals.
I believe you are attempting to apply logic, fairness and consistency to an understanding of the AFL fixturing process ... might I suggest that such an effort is doomed to failure on a spectacular level...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe you are attempting to apply logic, fairness and consistency to an understanding of the AFL fixturing process ... might I suggest that such an effort is doomed to failure on a spectacular level...
Season 4 Oops GIF by NETFLIX

Exactly
Why couldn't this game have been Thursday or Friday night?

Back