Review Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort Brisbane. Great come back after the first quarter, totally shut the Blues down. Had winners all over the ground and probably should have won by more, a few posters and Charlies banana's should have been goal.

we are all barracking for you next week, we are relying on you saving us from a Pies premiership.

Magnificent. If we'd kicked better we would have had them by thirty.

I'll admit I was nervous about Dizzy coming in but he did the job manfully. The entire backine was brilliant.

Charlie looked like the event got to him and was just trying too hard, but never stopped working. Darcy and Jaspa also showed their youth but kept going.

I’d drop Lincoln for intercepting that Dizzy goal and bring in Matho.
Thirty seconds to take the shot, and a walk in at the rate of tectonic shift burning another 15 seconds - drop Dizzy for not spotting up Linc in the first place!

Back home from the game.
The crowd was awesome and the noise incredible.
Our defenders held up well in the 1st despite the scoreline. Also great in the last 3 quarters.
Oscar was very good in my opinion.
In the end just like the Port game, it was a team effort that got us home.
Hopefully Lachie shoulder is okay. Played out the game so should be right.
Kiddy and Andrews excellent and Gardiner came in and fulfilled his role. Lester continues to play well.
Lincs pressure up forward was great.
The team showed composure by coming back from a 4-goal 1st quarter deficit.

Won by 16 points but still some lessons to be learnt from this game.

We are off to the big dance baby, you f ing beauty.

1- Harris superb.
2- Kiddy sublime.
3- Dunkley terrific on Cripps.
4- Big Os best game for us.
5- Rayner imposed himself on the game in the 2nd quarter.

Can not wait to get down to Melbourne, flying in Friday morning in time for the Grand Final Parade.:heart::blueheart::yellowheart::brisbane::trophy:

Should we make a separate thread for everyone to apologize to Dizzy in? Came in, did his role and did it well imo.
Gardiner stepped up big time. Deserves a Premiership Medallion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good tough win.

Backlines win flags.

The big improvement for us in taking the next step is having a backline that absorbs pressure but can still go on the offensive with a flick of the switch . Coleman and McKenna have exceptional talent and their kicking tonight was A++ . Harris showed outstanding leadership all night , Starc was hard at it as always ,Dizz did his job very well and Froggy is a total revelation , ice in his veins.

They weathered the storm when our m/f was crap and gave us a lot of drive when we started to get control in the centre.

Special mention to Hipwood and McCarthy who made it tough for Carlton to rebound. Oscar was also very good. And Rayner is starting to realise the impact he can have in pivotal moments.

Let's face it Carlton had a dream start , they were always going to be cooked once the adrenalin wore off and I was surprised at how well they kept going as the game wore on.

Next week is going to be tougher but we still have plenty of improvement there ,we're in it with a good chance.

Luke Darcy screaming for a blues free when McKay shoves Andrews to the ground and Gardiner spoils the sherrin. How do we put up with this s**t.
Lol.

That was a blatant free every day of the week. To McKay.

But overall Carlton got gifted early by the umps. The travel call on Berry was 50/50 and we dismantled after that. Who knows if we had've got the first goal how the game might have transpired.

Just back from the game. What an awesome result! Don't know if the umpiring was as bad as it felt, but think I lost my voice shouting at them anyway. Can't believe we've made it, so excited and so proud of the boys. They've done everything and come together so well. I might make a petition for Rich to be sub in the GF but honestly, they all deserve it. So fantastic, I'm just still in shock.

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_071016480.jpg
    PXL_20230923_071016480.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
Back