Review Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, just wow.....we really are in the Granny. We hoped, we doubted and hoped again but I think, sometimes too afraid to really believe we could..

..but our boys did it. They got themselves into the grand final.....and it will be against our old foe.

Well done boys, we are all mighty proud of you right now. You've work hard to get there and finally it happened. You deserve and have earnt the right to be there..

What a week it's going to be.

Let the good times roll!:grinv1:

That made me angry. I’ll preface by saying I think it did actually hit his hair, because Acres instantly said it did and didn’t try and claim he’d touched it with his hands (which were also close).

BUT you couldn’t see s**t on the replay, certainly not enough to overturn it.
It was a really interesting one . His hair moved ever so slightly , it could've been because he was in motion or whatever ,there was no definitive evidence that the ball touched it and shouldn't have been overturned.

Things like that should just be a goal.

I mean touched one of his hairs ?? Really.

These touch overturns are a bit rough when the video set up is not totally definitive. They're paying off a change in the spin of the ball or a pinky slightly tilted. Time to overhaul it.

381626747_17993714114229313_4334808232954006960_n.jpg

Lol.

That was a blatant free every day of the week. To McKay.

But overall Carlton got gifted early by the umps. The travel call on Berry was 50/50 and we dismantled after that. Who knows if we had've got the first goal how the game might have transpired.
Who !@#$%ing cares, I'll tell ya how it transpired we WON. Embrace it.

Watching the replay now (12:42 left in the third quarter).

McKenna was MASSIVE in the final 6 minutes of the 2nd.

He was so focused - have looked different to normal. I love the determination and focus that we get to see.

Hippy cranky face is my favorite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well. Well. Well.

Kicking the 6th goal of the game was pivotal. Had they kicked it, it might hav e been a bridge too far.

Been said already, Coleman and Andrews immense. McKenna was superb. Linc underrated outside of the club.

Making the trip up for both finals has been an immense experience, especially for my son who was born in 2002. He was pumped. Saw a few fans about his age with tears in their eyes.

I'd love a ticket for the grand final, in the ballot but wouldn't be phased if I missed out. Already resolved to watch the game in a Fitzroy pub, if unsuccessful.

We're up to our necks in it. Go lions...replay just starting on fox. Should start from Eric's goal!

Has there ever been a better performance by a pair of HBFers on the same team in a single match than Coleman and McKenna tonight. Absolutely outstanding 👍
Probably not, it felt like they controlled the game. They set up our forward runs, got to ground balls in the back 50 and made some really important interceptions. They were immense. The best thing about this team is there are 18-20 players who can pop up and be in the best 3 players for the game. I don’t think many teams have that.

Flew up from Melbourne with my best mate and our partners. What an experience.

Takeaways:
1. Watched the game live and just watched the replay. Those first 3 Carlton goals resulted from soft and/or incorrect calls. The Vic bias was on for all to see but strangely these dubious infringements (including thr 50m penalty) were not replayed for viewers. It actually made me sad how blatant this bias was.

2. Dunkely is always father of Cripps. Yes.

3. Back 6 huge including Dizzy.

4. I wanna boof Kiddy Coleman

5. Sorry, but the Brisbane based crowd were a bit underwhelming. They let the Carlton flogs drown us out particularly in the first quarter. Melbourne based Lions are definitely more passionate and will bring more voice to the GF.

6. How good was that

Well done Lions. Congrats. To come back from 30 pts down ina PF is remarkable. Thought your ruck dominance after qtr time was the difference, and the boys playing half back were fantastic. We had no answers to each of these problems. Then you beat us at our strength, stoppage.

Better team won. Fortress Gabba is monumental.

Now do us the courtesy of flogging the filth next week. We are all on your side.

Last edited:
That made me angry. I’ll preface by saying I think it did actually hit his hair, because Acres instantly said it did and didn’t try and claim he’d touched it with his hands (which were also close).

BUT you couldn’t see s**t on the replay, certainly not enough to overturn it.
It would have to be the first goal that was overturned for hitting someones hair.

Flew up from Melbourne with my best mate and our partners. What an experience.

Takeaways:
1. Watched the game live and just watched the replay. Those first 3 Carlton goals resulted from soft and/or incorrect calls. The Vic bias was on for all to see but strangely these dubious infringements (including thr 50m penalty) were not replayed for viewers. It actually made me sad how blatant this bias was.

2. Dunkely is always father of Cripps. Yes.

3. Back 6 huge including Dizzy.

4. I wanna boof Kiddy Coleman

5. Sorry, but the Brisbane based crowd were a bit underwhelming. They let the Carlton flogs drown us out particularly in the first quarter. Melbourne based Lions are definitely more passionate and will bring more voice to the GF.

6. How good was that
You really think the couple of thousand Lions that get to the G next week will drown out the toofless? Can I interest you in a Westgate Bridge I have for sale? If they were 'underwhelming' at home, how does that equate to 100,000 flogpies at the G?

Back