Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks WalterBlaknWhte for all your game day threads this year. So much fun to read.

This will be my only post in this thread. I hope to be able to celebrate with everyone in the toast thread after the game.

I just want to wish everyone a fantastic day tomorrow. It’s been a great season, and I’m sure our boys will do us proud.

Go Pies. Bring home the cup.

What’s this “I hope …” business? You tipped us to be Premiers pre-season!! *. You can’t get all butterflies on us now jmac70, own it!

* Admittedly, you do tip us to be Premiers every pre-season 😃

GO WOODSMEN! ⚫:mwcirlce:

1,600th VFL/AFL win in history coinciding with a 16th VFL/AFL Premiership would be very fitting.

Whatever happens, the last two seasons under Fly have been an absolute blessing for us supporters. To cap it off with a Premiership would be a dream come true.

The prospect of evening up the Premiership tally with Carlton and Essendon shouldn't be lost on anyone. It's 40+ years in the making.

Wherever you are tomorrow, enjoy the day and soak it all in!

I smirk when the so called experts bang on about the heat suiting Brissy. It won’t, it’s completely different heat to what they get up there. It’s dry hostile stuff like the cauldron they’ll enter tomorrow.

This may be a bit left field but I hope they call out Steele Sidebottom as the Norm Smith Medalist tomorrow. He was runner up in the voting in 2010.

Played most of his career in the shadows of players such as Pendlebury and Swan. A true champion of this mighty club. This would be the ultimate recognition for his immense contribution to Collingwood for more than a decade.

About to call it a night and when l Wake up it’ll be the big day

I’ve lived through many defeats, too many to think about

I lived through painful draws, only to be excited and disappointed

I’ve lived through 2 glorious GF wins 1990 & 2010

2023 will be another new moment to remember for the rest of my life!

#No.16#No.16

Thanks WalterBlaknWhte for all your game day threads this year. So much fun to read.

This will be my only post in this thread. I hope to be able to celebrate with everyone in the toast thread after the game.

I just want to wish everyone a fantastic day tomorrow. It’s been a great season, and I’m sure our boys will do us proud.

Go Pies. Bring home the cup.

we'll miss you jmac...

We are going to win.

The last time Fly fully twisted the throttle, we kicked 10 goals in a quarter against Freo in Round 18. A couple weeks before, we utterly destroyed the Suns at their home ground. A couple of weeks later, the same Suns easily beat the Lions at the same venue.

Since those efforts and in many games before them, Fly has focused on two things:

1. Developing a capacity to have gears. To be able to play at a helter-skelter pace and score with devastating speed, and to be able to completely shut down a game and make it virtually impossible for the opposition to score, and at least one mode in between; and

2. The preservation of petrol tickets. He's taken full advantage of every margin created by shifting into one of the middle gears, the energy-efficient gears, where the opposition can score if they're good enough, whereas we can't really be bothered because we're already in front.

This has left us, I hope, in an enviable position where we have the gears to win with a very limited supply of petrol tickets; and, a juicy pile of petrol tickets.

I expect us to spend a bunch of them in the first quarter and hopefully blow the opposition away.

We might use a middle gear in the second, but we'll be back to blitzkrieg in the third.

I'm hoping we won't need the lockdown gear in the fourth, but if we do, we are well trained in it. And if we need, heaven forbid, the Houdini gear, well we haven't seen it this year but we used it enough last year to know we can do it when necessary.

There are too many scenarios in my mind which culminate in our victory for me to have any fears we won't win.

Fly's a genius and he's coached the sh1t out of this group. Destiny awaits

Well, here I am in sunny Frankfurt. It will be 6:30 am when the game starts.
I have decided not to try to catch the game live. I haven't been able to see the 2 previous finals live, so I'm going with the same routine.
Good luck to everyone who was lucky enough to get tickets. Cheer loud and bring us home.
GO PIES!!

We are going to win.

The last time Fly fully twisted the throttle, we kicked 10 goals in a quarter against Freo in Round 18. A couple weeks before, we utterly destroyed the Suns at their home ground. A couple of weeks later, the same Suns easily beat the Lions at the same venue.

Since those efforts and in many games before them, Fly has focused on two things:

1. Developing a capacity to have gears. To be able to play at a helter-skelter pace and score with devastating speed, and to be able to completely shut down a game and make it virtually impossible for the opposition to score, and at least one mode in between; and

2. The preservation of petrol tickets. He's taken full advantage of every margin created by shifting into one of the middle gears, the energy-efficient gears, where the opposition can score if they're good enough, whereas we can't really be bothered because we're already in front.

This has left us, I hope, in an enviable position where we have the gears to win with a very limited supply of petrol tickets; and, a juicy pile of petrol tickets.

I expect us to spend a bunch of them in the first quarter and hopefully blow the opposition away.

We might use a middle gear in the second, but we'll be back to blitzkrieg in the third.

I'm hoping we won't need the lockdown gear in the fourth, but if we do, we are well trained in it. And if we need, heaven forbid, the Houdini gear, well we haven't seen it this year but we used it enough last year to know we can do it when necessary.

There are too many scenarios in my mind which culminate in our victory for me to have any fears we won't win.

Fly's a genius and he's coached the sh1t out of this group. Destiny awaits

Yep. THIS IS TRUE.

Our backs will hold up.
Our forwards will be opportunistic.
Our mids will break even.
Our rucks will work them over.
And our pressure will bury them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Pies GF I've missed out on tickets to, so having a few people around to mine to watch the game

The missus has invited a few as well, and I've warned her that anyone supporting Brisbane, who isn't an actual Brisbane fan, will not be welcome

I don't usually mind someone having a troll, but I won't accept it during a grand final - obviously if they're diehard Brisbane members then bring it on, but I've never understood the type to support the other team just to get under your skin

Craig McRae , 51st Date and we make Brisbane pay

Pies by 10 points

JdxDDUN.jpg

First Pies GF I've missed out on tickets to, so having a few people around to mine to watch the game

The missus has invited a few as well, and I've warned her that anyone supporting Brisbane, who isn't an actual Brisbane fan, will not be welcome

I don't usually mind someone having a troll, but I won't accept it during a grand final - obviously if they're diehard Brisbane members then bring it on, but I've never understood the type to support the other team just to get under your skin

Funnily enough I decided tonight to uninvite a bloke who was planning to be precisely this troll

Going be extremely happy or extremely upset after the game. So I'm just going say that if we lose I wont be on here for a bit. I can't put up with the trolling after a GF loss. 2018 was bad enough for me. If we win I most likely wont be on tomorrow night. Maybe mid week some time. Everyone who's going to the game enjoy the day and the people watching on tv also enjoy the day. I'm avoiding this thread tomorrow so this is the last post in this thread.

US

FB Maddog Murphy, 150.Darcey Moore, Marking GOAT
HB Brayden Maynard, Billy Frankston, Q

C Premiership Steele, Premiership Pendles, Markov

HF Bobby Hill, Checkers, Jamie Elliott
FF Honey Badger, Normie De Goey, Jaicos
FOL COXY, Naicos, Crispy

IC Brownlow Mitchell, Cameron, Hyphen, Ginni

EMG Lippa (Sub), Johnny F*cking Noble, Fin, Harvey Harrison

THEM

FB
Starcevich, Handrews, Gardiner
HB Conor McKenna, Mo Lester, Keidean

C McCluggage, Junkley, Dickhead Zorko
HF Cameron, Hipwood, Callum Ah Chee
FF Cam Rayner, Daniher, Bailey

FOL Oscar McInerney, Umpires’ Pet, Jarrod Berry

IC Deven Chippendale, McCarthy, Jaspa Fletcher, Wilmot

EMG Lyons, James Tunstill, Fort, Jack Payne

The Game

Wednesday night, I flew into Tulla and was caught behind a group of sun-ravaged, Brions’ goblins. I gave them a little troll, pretending to be part of their gormless tribe, and said that I feared Collingwood would unleash Hell beyond anything ‘we’d’ experienced.

The crusty goblins looked worried. They should be. At game end, there will be no humming away to Fitzroy’s bastardised song and clapping out of time. No renditions of Sweet Caroline nor John Denver. It will be back home to Brisbane and the nineteen fifties.

Many of us here attended the 02 and 03 GFs and saw arguably the best team to have played Aussie Rules. This Brisbane team is not great. Dickhead Zorko and Mo Lester are in nobody’s dream team.

But we have something of that great Brisbane team - we have the threepeat cred of Fly and LeppO. We also have their Richmond premiership experience. Sure, Chris Fagan would make a nice Deputy Principal, but he won’t outwit our coaches.

The common thesis is our backs need to outplay their forwards for us to win. This will be accomplished. Darce and crew are the best backline in the comp. We wouldn’t need nuclear subs if they were defending Australia. Maynard, Howe, and Q are elite. We love Murph’s courage – he deserves a special roar when he receives his medallion call-up.

Ginni’s selection is one for The Culture and also says we want more goals. Dangerous mix for the Bears with him, Jamie and Bobby hungrier than a fat priest. Checkers is ready for a huge game and rotating COX, Cameron, Frampton, and potentially Howe, gives us a lot of forward flex. We sense the Cult of Frampton is coming. Can see Beau barging his way to 3 goals as the sun tires lesser souls.

It’s our mids who are most misunderestimated. Journos have transmogrified McInerney to Dean Cox this week with the golden pet Neale supping at his slippers. Jaicos, Naicos, and Crispy (Brions’ steak knife FFS) won’t buy into this fiction and will ignite the G. The 2010 Normie and Normie Runner-Up, Pendles and Sidey, know how to win a flag and remain super nodes in the Collingwood hive brain. And Mitchell, part Plato part pit-bull, will tackle with fury.

De Goey will blitzkrieg the game and win this year’s Normie. This is the moment when he fully embraces his stellar potential.

Adventurous attack coupled with anaconda pressure will get the job done.

Watch in the spirit of Replay 2010.

Premiership 16 is coming home.

Collingwood by 64 points
IMG_1302.jpeg

Psst Ginni if you're still at the races go home mate big game coming up
pretty sure he'd be in bed already.
Even if it was true, who knows if it was, Last race was 9:45. As long as he is home at a respectable time, that's all that matters.

I'm trying to decide what time to get there, maybe around 11am.

pretty sure he'd be in bed already.
Even if it was true, who knows if it was, Last race was 9:45. As long as he is home at a respectable time, that's all that matters.

I'm trying to decide what time to get there, maybe around 11am.
I love that you know when the last race was. Good on ya jen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back