Roast I've lost my faith in Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that a man with lipstick and blush on
its-always-sunny-yes.gif

Serious question... did he ever win any silverware as a cricketer?
I believe he began his first class career a few years after the deadbacks last won the shield so definitely no silver ware there, not sure about anything from the shorter forms of the game though.

Edit
curiosity got the better of me so I googled him, 1266 runs at 28.13 with 2 centuries, so not particularly special figures for an opening batsman.

Where is this guy?

We're in the thick of it with at least 4 remaining deals, if not a 5th for Soldo. Yet we're hearing nothing.

Meanwhile, the media is creating the narrative that we need to cough up for BZT and Esava, Duursma though contracted should be given away for free.

Get off your ass CD, get out there and manage some of the message. Get some pressure back onto Essendon whom need to cough up if they want Duursma and don't want to lose BZT for nothing. Then get some pressure back onto Geelong and their ridiculous rejections. Get pressure on them that they are set to let a player walk for nothing.

It's time to get out there.

As much as I no longer rate Davies, I don’t think managing the message matters at all. So long as we don’t stupidly and weakly cave in on any of the trades we’re linked to, I’ll be satisfied.
I think if you let it get away from you it absolutely can have an impact. If you allow the echo chamber to grow that we are the unreasonable ones, it's hard to stand strong in resistance to that.

I truly think there needs to be some balance in the argument.

I dont mind Davies his top end players are good its just picking the average players who will blossom after selection he seems to have no idea.
Im sure clubs "hide" players in the system and pull them out at the right time that suits them. I wish Port would "smarten" up in the system that is in place!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really was the Aldi/Wish Version of the Summer of George.
Which makes sense because right now the club is the Wish version of Port Adelaide.

Got to question him on the repeated flops of convincing contracted players to "explore options" and then letting them go for unders because we "owe it" to the player.

When was the last time a club took a player from Port without it being initiated by Port? I suppose it's Polec.

Got to question him on the repeated flops of convincing contracted players to "explore options" and then letting them go for unders because we "owe it" to the player.

When was the last time a club took a player from Port without it being initiated by Port? I suppose it's Polec.

I think Karl Amon decided to leave.

Chris Davies on the Duursma trade "we also felt that we had a responsibility to Duurs (Xavier Duursma) to get him where he wanted to go and he leaves our club having done his best and we're appreciative of that".
What a lying piece of poo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back