Remove this Banner Ad

OP
  • May 26, 2017
    Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
    AFL Club
    Port Adelaide
    Other Teams
    Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
    Fellows, I have a question regarding our club structure: is there a "Football Coordinator?"

I mean, would there be someone below the CEO, but above the football departments: analytics, academy, list management, physical training, Magpies, Power, etc. Is there someone above Hinkley, only responsible to coordinate Port's football as a whole?

If so, who is he? If not, why not?!

Thanks.

----

P.S.: It is obvious that our problem relies on the top, but I can't identify precisely who is in the wrong place, what the right place would be (including out of the club), and who should replace those who would need to be replaced.

Having said that, I don't think the club is struggling in other areas as much as we are in football – if we are struggling at all. So there would be my starting point for the Operation What Happened, Port's investigations.

Thus, my first suspect would be Chris Davies. I would begin taking a look at his responsibilities as head of football and what he has done. From the answers to these questions, we would have a better idea of what is wrong and how it could be fixed.

Last edited:
    BUMP 3 (#161)
  • Sorry for the intrusion but there was a thread about Chris Davies and Seinfeld and it was one of the funniest threads on BF. I know it was bad for you guys but give him some credit last year, he nailed it along with the recruiting/ drafting team.

Does anyone remember the thread title?

Not a Bump, but a Criticism
  • Fellows, I have a question regarding our club structure: is there a "Football Coordinator?"

I mean, would there be someone below the CEO, but above the football departments: analytics, academy, list management, physical training, Magpies, Power, etc. Is there someone above Hinkley, only responsible to coordinate Port's football as a whole?

If so, who is he? If not, why not?!

Thanks.

----

P.S.: It is obvious that our problem relies on the top, but I can't identify precisely who is in the wrong place, what the right place would be (including out of the club), and who should replace those who would need to be replaced.

Having said that, I don't think the club is struggling in other areas as much as we are in football – if we are struggling at all. So there would be my starting point for the Operation What Happened, Port's investigations.

Thus, my first suspect would be Chris Davies. I would begin taking a look at his responsibilities as head of football and what he has done. From the answers to these questions, we would have a better idea of what is wrong and how it could be fixed.

Get the * out of her with the thread title!
    He’s one of the best in the comp let alone at the club!

BUMP 6 (#234)
  • As General Manager of Football, Chris Davies deserves a lot of criticism. The entire coaching department, Hinkley the biggest problem, has been second rate including Lokan and development coaches. The young players' progression has significantly stalled.
    Yesterday's presser scapegoating the players (singling them out) was utter trash.

Last edited:
    BUMP 7 (#236)
  • looks like the AFL haven't lost faith GremioPower

Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies has declined the AFL’s overtures as its next football boss as the league searches for a replacement for new Essendon coach Brad Scott. The league is working to fill the breach ahead of a possible talent drain that could see executive football boss Andrew Dillon become the new AFL CEO as Essendon considers Travis Auld as the man to run its club.

Davies was the preferred candidate as the league’s football boss last year when Steve Hocking resigned before the league ultimately split the role between ex-Roos coach Scott and Kangaroos official Laura Kane.

But Davies has made clear to the league he will remain at Port Adelaide for the foreseeable future as the Power prepare for a significant year on many fronts. Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley enters the last year of his contract likely needing to win finals to extend his stay at the club as club favourite Josh Carr returns as a senior assistant.

The Power will be desperate to get off to a hot start to the season to allow Hinkley to control his own destiny and avoid the kind of mid-season move that saw Leon Cameron depart GWS. So former first-class cricketer Davies will remain at Port Adelaide despite having the combination of man management, football nous and industry-wide consultation skills that are required in that position.

Sacked St Kilda coach Brett Ratten is seen across the industry as a figure who could easily fill that position after impressing in his time on the AFL’s Competition Committee. He joined that committee in July last year and is seen to have strong views on the game’s trends, including his impassioned push for the league to continue its crackdown on umpire abuse given his experiences at local level.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUMP 10 (#325)
  • Bumping this in light of the concussion debacle and CD being the guy "directly negotiating" KH's extension. It's clear that he's as much of the problem as Koch and Richardson. Massive clean out needed at the club, including CD.

BUMP 11 (#372)
  • Who was among the first people to cast doubts on Chris Davies?

Oh! I was... :eek:

---

P.S.: I'm changing the tag from Strategy to Roast. It's about time.

BUMP 12 (#378)
  • About to be on SEN.

It's easier to get players who are out of contract (see Esava last year)

We look at the trade period as a whole. Sometimes you have to give overs.

We don't think BZT can play on the hulking forwards.

We would be more than open to Soldo coming. We need a genuine #1 ruckman.

We'd be open to bringing Soldo and Sweet in.

Ollie Wines. There was nothing in his exit interview to suggest he wants to go and we don't want him to leave the club.

Duursma. That's an interesting one, we've never stood in the way of someone who thinks their nest footy is somewhere else. I dint think there us any real reason for him to leave but if he came to use and said he wants to go we'd have to deal with that. But I don't expect him to go

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back