List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 30 28.8%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Bailey Smith will get traded
Calab Daniels will get traded
Tim English should resign
Jack McCrae will get traded

That's 4 that I know of. Anyone else.

As for those 4 do not want due to age doesn't suit us. Most will go to Vic clubs I think.
Yeah we’re not in the running for any of those I would have thought. Would be VERY happy with buss and Garcia. If I was them I’d see what Sydney or Freo would give for Naughton. Their spine would be fine with JUH, Darcy, English, Jones, JOD and Buku with Croft also developing nicely. They may have backed themselves into a corner with that ridiculous contract though.

Fair bit of talk starting to gather in the media, that there will be a fire sale of sorts at the Dogs at the end of the season.

But the dogs will be looking for draft picks for players going out, not trying to dump salary.
If I was the tigers I’d also look to trade out some stars and do to the draft. They should be able to use their swathe of picks this year to get at least 2 1Rs from Carlton and GCS, they’ll get a mid/late first for a Baker trade to Freo and if I were them I’d put Bolton on the table too. I posted a multi team trade that would see them get our 1R, it would be a good time to bring in an elite mid whilst Taranto and Hopper are still there to ease them in like what Yeo and TK are doing for Harley and the boys. They don’t want to be bottoming out in 2027 that’s for sure.

Rhino has been reporting that Freo are in the hunt for Baker

Its a nothing article.

Richmond are front runners to keep him. Wow.

Freo are keen and have 3 1st rounders. Wow.

Eagles also very keen as a highly rated on field and off field leader. Wow.

Didnt mention any inside information on who was leading other than what we all know, Richmond are super keen to keep him.

Maybe Bakers manager is holding out to maximise the offer from Richmond, its normally how these things pan out.

Bailey Smith will get traded
Calab Daniels will get traded
Tim English should resign
Jack McCrae will get traded

That's 4 that I know of. Anyone else.

As for those 4 do not want due to age doesn't suit us. Most will go to Vic clubs I think.
Bailey Dale another being discussed on the footy shows.

Its not. JUH is way ahead.

Disposal efficency is one key area.

And JUH has greater scope to keep improving, he has natural talent to burn.
He was just referring to output to date, JUH undoubtedly has the higher ceiling and talent.

Output today I have JUH ahead.

If you had a choice between the two I would suggest 99% of neutral supporters would pick JUH.
I agree with your second statement but would be interested why you think JUH is ahead on output to date based on the stats, especially when everything was funneled to buddy?

Way too early but I’d want to turn our 1R into 3 1R picks to use in the draft if we went down that path and I’d much rather Baker go to Freo. We could even incorporate it into a deal. As an example, if we had to do the draft tomorrow there are 5 players I really like and hope that the focus is on the backline and bit of outside run:

T Travaglia
H O’Farrell
L Trainor
N Mraz
T Hotton

WCE OUT: Pick 1, F2
WCE IN: Pick R1 WBD (8), R1 GCS (11) R1 PA (17), GCS end F1 (19)

GCS OUT Pick 8,11,19
GCS IN: Bolton, F2 (WCE)

RICH OUT: Bolton, Baker
RICH IN: Pick 1

FREO OUT: Pick 17
FREO IN: Baker

Essentially we trade pick 1 and F2 for
8-Trainor
11-Travaglia
17-O’Farrell
20-Hotton
21-Mraz (our natural 2R)

Combine that with Hopkins in the MSD and I’m pretty happy with our young backline recruiting and Hotton and Travaglia give us some outside mid/wing options. Trainor could end up an Adam Hunter type, or develop as a KPF if O’Farrell and Mraz make it as KPDs. End of next year we’ll have a better idea of the output of our young mids (especially Hewett) so we’ll have a better idea of which aspect needs addressing. So next year we use our 1R to take a top mid or try and trade for Warner.
How do we free up a MSD spot? I don't like the idea of Hewett as a LTI list

How do we free up a MSD spot? I don't like the idea of Hewett as a LTI list
That is the question and IMO the total oversight when we gave Trew another year. I’ve put a line through him and Baker, not sure if you can just pay them out and take them off the list thus creating a spot but I’d do that in a second if it’s possible, probably Baker. If you can do that I also wouldn’t think twice about taking Gaff or Witherden off the main list either, although Gaff deserves a farewell game for his fantastic contribution to the club over his career and we don’t owe Witherden anything. I wouldn’t want to put Flynn, Oscar or Hewett on the LTI list unless it’s genuine that they aren’t going to play again this year which is very, very unlikely. Bazzo is the other player that’s an option that seemingly has OP. If he does then he should go to the LTI list, be managed properly and be ready to return for a full preseason that would open up a spot to rookie a player.

That is the question and IMO the total oversight when we gave Trew another year. I’ve put a line through him and Baker, not sure if you can just pay them out and take them off the list thus creating a spot but I’d do that in a second if it’s possible, probably Baker. If you can do that I also wouldn’t think twice about taking Gaff or Witherden off the main list either, although Gaff deserves a farewell game for his fantastic contribution to the club over his career and we don’t owe Witherden anything. I wouldn’t want to put Flynn, Oscar or Hewett on the LTI list unless it’s genuine that they aren’t going to play again this year which is very, very unlikely. Bazzo is the other player that’s an option that seemingly has OP. If he does then he should go to the LTI list, be managed properly and be ready to return for a full preseason that would open up a spot to rookie a player.

We have what, another 5 rounds to go through before we need to decide.

Our recent history says (sadly) that we are likely to have a LTI at some stage. And if not there are some who are currently recovering with variable timeframes.

I think we likely will be able to open up a pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have what, another 5 rounds to go through before we need to decide.

Our recent history says (sadly) that we are likely to have a LTI at some stage. And if not there are some who are currently recovering with variable timeframes.

I think we likely will be able to open up a pick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Harry edwards prob do something between then and now LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we’re not in the running for any of those I would have thought. Would be VERY happy with buss and Garcia. If I was them I’d see what Sydney or Freo would give for Naughton. Their spine would be fine with JUH, Darcy, English, Jones, JOD and Buku with Croft also developing nicely. They may have backed themselves into a corner with that ridiculous contract though.
Seeing as the ink isn't yet dry on the 8 year contract Naughton recently signed, I can't see that happening.

If I was the tigers I’d also look to trade out some stars and do to the draft. They should be able to use their swathe of picks this year to get at least 2 1Rs from Carlton and GCS, they’ll get a mid/late first for a Baker trade to Freo and if I were them I’d put Bolton on the table too. I posted a multi team trade that would see them get our 1R, it would be a good time to bring in an elite mid whilst Taranto and Hopper are still there to ease them in like what Yeo and TK are doing for Harley and the boys. They don’t want to be bottoming out in 2027 that’s for sure.
Putting a 25 year old Shai Bolton up for trade would be absolute madness.

Seeing as the ink isn't yet dry on the 8 year contract Naughton recently signed, I can't see that happening.
Me neither but if they are looking to make some big moves as briztoon suggests this is what I’d look at if I was them. He’s being horrendously overpaid and they have a glut of talls.

Putting a 25 year old Shai Bolton up for trade would be absolute madness.
Why not? It would be inconceivable that he’d be part of another flag there, he’s just about at maximum value, he’s a very, very good player but structurally they’d still be ok.

Why not? It would be inconceivable that he’d be part of another flag there, he’s just about at maximum value, he’s a very, very good player but structurally they’d still be ok.
Because you don't trade A grade talent out just because they might not be part of the next flag.
Numerous examples of that not working.

They probably lose their last 2 games by 10 goals plus if he wasn't playing.
You also as a club need to show some sort of loyalty to players who have been loyal to the club.

Because you don't trade A grade talent out just because they might not be part of the next flag.
Numerous examples of that not working.

They probably lose their last 2 games by 10 goals plus if he wasn't playing.
You also as a club need to show some sort of loyalty to players who have been loyal to the club.
Absolutely agree on loyalty, it’s something we’ve done really well. I wasn’t suggesting they push him out the door but with Dimma at the Suns, ann exciting young list and the chance of another flag it might be something he’d be interested in and be a win-win for both.

I don’t know about big moves. Unless you think Bailey Smith leaving for Geelong is a big move.
I’m hearing Hawks… and don’t think anyone would find it earth shattering if he left. Who knows what’s going through Bevo’s head and what he’s asking of Sam Power.

I feel Jagga's game in this one has been underrated by some draft watchers. He was clean all game where others fumbled and struggled with their skills. Jagga demonstrated his usual knack of navigating traffic and finding pockets of space for a clean disposal.

Back