Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Can absolutely can win the premiership.. I hate saying that and ive ribbed the Blues for a few years but it scares the shit outta me that they absolutely can #17

The glaring weakness is that game changer, the guy who can light up preliminary final night when they need something. Im talking a Shai Bolton, a Toby Green, a Bobby Hill. They're all forward types but perhaps Adam Saad with some dashing runs could be, Tom De Kooning on the bright lights of finals night like Mason Cox did couple of years ago.

That would be one of two weakness' I see. The other being that bottom 6. Owies, Durdin, Fantasia (I rated him few years ago but regressed due to injury) is not going to scare most small packmen.

Get one of those smalls into that match winner who could kick you 4+ on preliminary final night and they look infinitely better.

And then if we beat Geelong Collingwood will be the actual test.

Keep shifting the goal posts. Would’ve thought a win against the flag favourites with 27 fit players was plenty of evidence.

I am just surprised we managed to win today after the massive mental blow the Giants dealt us in r23 last season.

A game that apparently meant so much to us despite being a literal dead rubber.

Seriously impressive stuff.

Keep shifting the goal posts. Would’ve thought a win against the flag favourites with 27 fit players was plenty of evidence.

No other side have the goal posts been shifted negatively against by opposition supporters than Carlton. Sad!

The glaring weakness is that game changer, the guy who can light up preliminary final night when they need something. Im talking a Shai Bolton, a Toby Green, a Bobby Hill. They're all forward types but perhaps Adam Saad with some dashing runs could be, Tom De Kooning on the bright lights of finals night like Mason Cox did couple of years ago.

That would be one of two weakness' I see. The other being that bottom 6. Owies, Durdin, Fantasia (I rated him few years ago but regressed due to injury) is not going to scare most small packmen.

Get one of those smalls into that match winner who could kick you 4+ on preliminary final night and they look infinitely better.
Agreed. Just need a genuine threat or two at ground level and we'd be hard to stop on our day. Curnow and Mckay provide so many crumbs but rarely are they capitalised on. Our smalls work their tails off to apply pressure but god a Shai Bolton type would be magical for our team.

Agreed. Just need a genuine threat or two at ground level and we'd be hard to stop on our day. Curnow and Mckay provide so many crumbs but rarely are they capitalised on. Our smalls work their tails off to apply pressure but god a Shai Bolton type would be magical for our team.

Yeah, agreed. A power 'small' athlete would be amazing. I think this is something we lack at Tullamarine. Just posed this question to our draft watchers, would be nice to have a Bailey Humphrey, Brayden George, heck Harley Reid would be amazing.

Yeah, agreed. A power 'small' athlete would be amazing. I think this is something we lack at Tullamarine. Just posed this question to our draft watchers, would be nice to have a Bailey Humphrey, Brayden George, heck Harley Reid would be amazing.
Gresh would’ve been perfect for us

Gresh would’ve been perfect for us
I don't think he is as dynamic as you think he is.

If anyone, a fit and firing Fantasia is a special type of match winner. Unfortunately the body has held him back from fulfilling that potential he showed early in his career

I don't think he is as dynamic as you think he is.

If anyone, a fit and firing Fantasia is a special type of match winner. Unfortunately the body has held him back from fulfilling that potential he showed early in his career
Gresh or Billings can at least hit a pack at speed and read a crumb, I do agree though, they aren’t exactly dynamic

Flashes of Fantasia have been brilliant but yeah, he certainly isn’t the early doors Essendon Fantasia unfortunately

I understand your point, but this is what football is. The best teams prove themselves over 23 rounds and I went as far as to suggest in my previous post that a win over the undefeated Cats next week will probably give Carlton premiership favouritism in the eyes of the football world. In saying that, it's only round 6 and a lot can change from here if they aren't consistently winning for the rest of the season. So it's not so much "moving the goalposts" as much as it is looking at a season in its totality while also acknowledging strong patches of form along the way (like recognising premiership favouritism after round 7).

It was a great win with many out injured but you can't hang your hat on one week in this league. It's far too even of a competition for that kind of thinking. Your team lost last week and arguably should've lost the week before. That's the reality of the last three games for Carlton. So go out next week, beat Geelong and prove to the footy world that you deserve premiership favouritism. Then keep building towards a top 2-4 finish from there.

Blues are a hard battling team with a few players capable of heroics. Until we get some real class in our small/half forward line I suspect we'll remain that way.

Might be enough to take us all the way one day but doubt we'll ever move the ball with the freedom and class that Geelong and the Pies did in 2022&2023 with the list the way it is.

Hoping we can add some glitz and glam to the side in the off season regardless of how we go this year.
Yeah I agree. Some great key pillars but lacking a bit of class in the front half which is important in big games.

TDK standing up as a forward is pretty huge though. McKay, Curnow and TDK as marking targets is pretty good.

I don't think we're quite there to be premiership contenders but I think we're a good side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They now know how to win when the game is on the line as opposed to folding like they did in 2022. They've managed some superb come back wins against the Dees twice last year one was that classic, epic semi final. They rolled the Swans the week before in the elimination final and have now produced two stirring wins to open 2024 last week coming from 46 points down to a team who went undefeated all last season at The Gabba and lost the Granny by just 4 points. Brisbane's winning ratio at home was a staggering 84 percent before last week. I kind of feel that at the moment the Blues have taken Premiership Favourites Status. They have the experience of winning and winning big games in finals as well as the heartache from 2022. They have the personnel and a Coleman Medal winner who's a good one-two punch with McKay who has well and truly got the monkey off the back.

Keep it positive too before you don't. I'll beat you to the punch for those that want to troll. This isn't a troll Pie supporter or not. This is what I believe 100 percent. Carlton are playing great football and are building something very special down at Ikon Park.

The Blues are up and about. And they're a very, very dangerous unit.
Pppppppppffffffftttttttt

Operation GetStengle.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fogarty is in our starting 22 easy.

Have missed him.
I think you have a a lot of players that could be deemed best 22 on paper that might not even come in based on the form of the other players already in the team.

Not a bad thing, shows that everyone on the list is playing for a spot and doing their role, time we had a situation like that was 2021.

I think you have a a lot of players that could be deemed best 22 on paper that might not even come in based on the form of the other players already in the team.

Not a bad thing, shows that everyone on the list is playing for a spot and doing their role, time we had a situation like that was 2021.
Fogarty is 100% starting 22 to our system. His 5-7 tackles in forward half is quite damaging.

All about the team's dynamics.

Fogarty and Martin in particular were huge at the end of last year when we were on our little run. The point of the matter is, that we're a better team with them in the line up: that is an objective fact.

Doesn't matter what you say, them in makes us a better team.

Martin's finals games last year were great, pretty much won us the game vs Sydney.

See you next week. :)

Martin is a dud.
Owies, Fogarty, Fantasia . . . three of the least intimidating footballers I think you could have in one forward half.

Martin is a dud.
Owies, Fogarty, Fantasia . . . three of the least intimidating footballers I think you could have in one forward half.
Fogarty leads inside 50 tackles in the league, lol.

Martin's 2nd half of last year + finals makes you objectively wrong.

Fantasia will be replaced by either Motlop or Martin, as I said, that makes us a better team automatically.

But considering you think McKay is Hipwood Mk II, you're clueless as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back