Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you're using my post to go on a tangent about that, but most Pies supporters I know despise you lot with more passion than they do any other team. That's why I find it odd.
Interesting. I have no doubt they love beating us as much as any side after the finals losses on the way to each of Geelong's last 4 flags. But it's always seemed fairly respectful, more specifically on BigFooty. And I thought that's what you were referring to, because why would I care how Geelong and Collingwood supporters interact in your friendship circles?

You have a bloody average back six. Weitering the clear stand out. McGovern at CHB doesn't matter.
Maybe put McKay behind the ball as Curnow one out draws everyone and opens up the fifty.

Then again, Curnow's dropped behind the ball many times and looked quite at home. You rob Peter to save Paul . . . but at least it gives you two legitimate aerial guns who can stifle the best forward lines there are.

McKay behind the ball what a genius idea.

You guys have turned it into an Olympic event. At least the whole "best team lost" thing isn't getting a whirl this time. Collingwood sliced up Carlton on the counter, just as Geelong did.
Go into every thread and you will see 100s of posts when Carlton win with the same thing. It's every supporter base not Carlton

Go into every thread and you will see 100s of posts when Carlton win with the same thing. It's every supporter base not Carlton
I'm not sure you should base your level of whinging, deflecting and excuse making on what you observe from other supporters. Maybe Carlton supporters are just the loudest with it. It's fine to lose and simply say "we weren't good enough", leaving it at that. Almost a little cathartic, even.

Yeh no Collingwood and Geelong fans whinge about umpiring and injuries
Geelong and Collingwood supporters on average have a far superior understanding of football than Carlton supporters because they began watching football before last year

Interesting. I have no doubt they love beating us as much as any side after the finals losses on the way to each of Geelong's last 4 flags. But it's always seemed fairly respectful, more specifically on BigFooty. And I thought that's what you were referring to, because why would I care how Geelong and Collingwood supporters interact in your friendship circles?
I have no Geelong supporters in my friendship circles thankfully.

Cerra, Cunningham and Fantasia(ha) were back from injury anyway, while the Pies lost JDG and Mitchell. So it evened up and that's why Carlton became sizeable favourites.

Collingwood exceeded expectation tonight, or Carlton under delivered - these are really the only possibilities.

Cuningham and Fantasia aren't best 22.

On your second point I would say both are true.

Collingwood have hacked football. It, like reality, is a simulation, and McRae is some mad genius who coded the program so they always win (or never lose) the close ones. The probability of so many close wins is way beyond chance. No point letting it upset anymore, just gotta accept it. Just going to assume they'll do this to win flags until Fly retires.

The thoughts of someone seeing them win a close one for the millionth times.

Geelong and Collingwood supporters on average have a far superior understanding of football than Carlton supporters because they began watching football before last year
I always find it hilarious when people have no argument and just start attacking an individual or group to try and get a cheap laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 years is also a long time between drinks. I don't remember if Cats supporters were the same before 2007, but I don't think so.

Richmond supporters carried on with a similar ferocity when they finally started contending again, but at least the first flag came swiftly and the peacocking had some merit. Their furious indignation only grew with each subsequent flag though. For most other clubs supporters, if they have relatively recent premierships to look back on it probably stops that. You just accept losses when they come.

Interesting. I have no doubt they love beating us as much as any side after the finals losses on the way to each of Geelong's last 4 flags.
Yep after so many big finals clashes, and the Cats edging us out in finals on the way to flags recently, we want bragging rights and to get the chance to win a big final against them.

Not sure of many people who enjoy beating up on a battler.

Predictably the Blues fans are crying “lack of effort” tonight from their players, as if to say Carlton players came to the G for this massive test and didn’t try. As opposed to the more realistic assessment that they were outplayed and out coached for the night.

Does any other supporter base use this excuse?

Predictably the Blues fans are crying “lack of effort” tonight from their players, as if to say Carlton players came to the G for this massive test and didn’t try. As opposed to the more realistic assessment that they were outplayed and out coached for the night.

Does any other supporter base use this excuse?
Seeing someone getting upset with an opposition supporter base calling out poor effort plays is certainly a first for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back