Hird To Present Norm Smith Medal at 2017 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

fair points, and I sincerely hope we do.

I guess one thing I'm curious about is why the impending dire consequences have never actually come to pass - thus far at least. Surely, at least in the most vivid of scenarios painted by the circumstances, there is enough there that it becomes more than being put in the too hard basket? Would you think? I would have thought so, but I could be wrong, or it could be a less colorful version of events that is the actual truth

You could add to your list of unresolved issues the alleged stolen peptides and the alleged Medicare fraud, both of which were referred to the purana taskforce. I wonder how often purana run Medicare investigations.

Perhaps there's not enough evidence to proceed or perhaps it's part of a broader investigation, I suspect both. Maybe one day details will emerge, but I have my doubts. Purana don't typically deal with people that are cooperative.

Made a good point on Footy Classified.

If people boo Hird they are essentially booing the player who wins the Norm Smith as well.
So the AFL are using the medal winner as a human shield for Hird's return to the industry?

This is all make believe.
Oh, of course it is. WADA made it all up.

Dank went Rogue, Hird had no idea what anyone was doing and the AFL are actually all lizard people.

Really? Hmmm......

Yes really. Jimmy Turd will be introduced as presenting the Norm Smith and will be booed, the winner will be announced and they'll be cheered. Pretty simple when you think about it.

2. The Brownlow medal is presented by the previous winner. It's already been Jobe's turn.

He should have been made to hand his over to either Crotchrot and Corky Mitchell. :D

You could add to your list of unresolved issues the alleged stolen peptides and the alleged Medicare fraud, both of which were referred to the purana taskforce. I wonder how often purana run Medicare investigations.

Perhaps there's not enough evidence to proceed or perhaps it's part of a broader investigation, I suspect both. Maybe one day details will emerge, but I have my doubts. Purana don't typically deal with people that are cooperative.
Very good points

That's a leap.
Not at all.

The main reason, it has been said by many, that Hird won't be booed is that they will be booing the medalist.

Hence: It is hoped that the NS medal winner will be a human shield against booing. The AFL can then say "See? Nobody had a problem with it."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the medicare fraud and the stolen peptides are a good point to make, because for me they counterbalance the conspiracy theory angle that Hird and Evans were all in, and make an argument more likely that it was a scam being run by Dank et al.

However, as with anything, it's more likely there were various shades of grey than anything so clear cut

Logic leaps and make believe - strange way to form an opinion but whatever floats your boat.
Still no reasonable response to the plain fact that "you'll be booing the medalist" has been a strong theme in the discussion, here, in the media, on social media.

How about Hird and the AFL don't use the medalist as a human shield? Why doesn't Hird do something else like award the Essendon B&F? He will be in a protected environment with no risk that anyone will object.

Still no reasonable response to the plain fact that "you'll be booing the medalist" has been a strong theme in the discussion, here, in the media, on social media.

How about Hird and the AFL don't use the medalist as a human shield? Why doesn't Hird do something else like award the Essendon B&F? He will be in a protected environment with no risk that anyone will object.
How about you stop making leaps in logic? The main reason hird is presenting the Norm Smith Medal is because he won the Norm Smith medal. What you have said is incorrect.

Those same lizard people who have conspired to bring hird back on the big stage?
Those same lizard people who protected the EFC from the moment Vlad called his old mate to warn him about the ACC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back