Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think if random crowd members all started firing back, no one would know who was the real enemy. It would be a full scale blood bath. Well even more so, as it already was.

Not just that, they'd be firing hand guns at something a few stories up and over 100 metres away. The only thing they'd be guaranteed not to hit is what they're firing at.

all that matters is the sheer volume of attention that it gets, not the nature of the attention, if it gets a heap of attention from cringe, mission accomplished.
That’s not all that matters, it will help for people who don’t have a clue, but there will be some who were borderline will be WTF and could be enough to swing them back. It is an absolute embarrassing shocker and if that’s what he’s resorting to, it’s pretty pathetic.

That’s not all that matters, it will help for people who don’t have a clue, but there will be some who were borderline will be WTF and could be enough to swing them back. It is an absolute embarrassing shocker and if that’s what he’s resorting to, it’s pretty pathetic.
It reminds people what Nick is all about.

Stunts and whingeing without offering any solutions.

I love their election posters. “We’ll lower energy prices”. Yeah? How??

It reminds people what Nick is all about.

Stunts and whingeing without offering any solutions.

I love their election posters. “We’ll lower energy prices”. Yeah? How??
They’ve just nominated their last candidate. So one month before the election, his electorate has only now found out who their candidate is, so basically they won’t know him at all.

His party is just Nick, one man with so much power is dangerous and when a few dissent they will become independents but they wouldn’t have actually earnt the right to be there. It’s ****ed.

It is a shocker and absolutely cringeworthy, Kane McGoodwin your thoughts?
Lol, it's very cheesy.

Honestly the anti X adds coming from everywhere I find more laughable as they don't have anything positive to say.

Also, at least he talks unlike the silent leader who uses a voiceover man. ;)

Just count our taxpayer $'s being spent at the moment...

Lol, it's very cheesy.

Honestly the anti X adds coming from everywhere I find more laughable as they don't have anything positive to say.

You don’t think he would spend the money if he could?

Are you concerned about some of his candidates leaving and becoming independents when they really haven’t earnt a right to be in parliament?

And why is it you just can’t critique Nick without bringing the other parties into it?

Lol, it's very cheesy.

I'm pretty sure Mr. X is lip syncing during the whole excruciating commercial.

You don’t think he would spend the money if he could?

Are you concerned about some of his candidates leaving and becoming independents when they really haven’t earnt a right to be in parliament?

And why is it you just can’t critique Nick without bringing the other parties into it?
He has said he wants to balance the budget, but Labor says the same.

Liberals & Labor have both lost candidates too... & I don't believe all Jay's scaremongering.

If we are going to be fair critiquing a party, which should compare them rather than just look at them individually... well that's what I do any way.

I find it funny when a particular party is talked down on an issue which all parties do...

He has said he wants to balance the budget, but Labor says the same.

Liberals & Labor have both lost candidates too... & I don't believe all Jay's scaremongering.

If we are going to be fair critiquing a party, which should compare them rather than just look at them individually... well that's what I do any way.

I find it funny when a particular party is talked down on an issue which all parties do...
Labor has lost one candidate haven’t they that lost preselection? Libs? Can’t think of one.

What we’ve seen with Palmer and One Nation which are basically one person parties, is that their “recruits” who have no experience eventually don’t like being dictated to and leave. As we saw today when Nicks last candidate was announced, it’s so late that the electorate don’t have a clue about them and they will escape all scrutiny. All we’ve seen of them so far is they are shocking singers.

Take your Nick glasses off, surely this has to be a concern to you? We could have unworthy independents holding the balance of power in this state.

Labor has lost one candidate haven’t they that lost preselection? Libs? Can’t think of one.

What we’ve seen with Palmer and One Nation which are basically one person parties, is that their “recruits” who have no experience eventually don’t like being dictated to and leave. As we saw today when Nicks last candidate was announced, it’s so late that the electorate don’t have a clue about them and they will escape all scrutiny. All we’ve seen of them so far is they are shocking singers.

Take your Nick glasses off, surely this has to be a concern to you? We could have unworthy independents holding the balance of power in this state.
Martin Hamilton-Smith!

Take your Liberal glasses off.

I don't trust any of them, whereas you follow the same party regardless of performance... ;)

Martin Hamilton-Smith!

Take your Liberal glasses off.

I don't trust any of them, whereas you follow the same party regardless of performance... ;)
Martin did jump but became part of Labor. He didn’t hold Labor up for his own agenda.

So you aren’t concerned we could have a bunch of independents because people voted for Nick?

Martin did jump but became part of Labor. He didn’t hold Labor up for his own agenda.

So you aren’t concerned we could have a bunch of independents because people voted for Nick?
No, I'm more concerned about either Labor or Liberal governing with a majority because I don't trust either if them with running this state & feel much more comfortable with 3 way split, so there is hopefully better governance.

I have made my opinion clear before & you won't be changing my mind. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm more concerned about either Labor or Liberal governing with a majority because I don't trust either if them with running this state & feel much more comfortable with 3 way split, so there is hopefully better governance.

I have made my opinion clear before & you won't be changing my mind. ;)
That’s fine if it is only a 3 way split, what if it’s 4, 5 or 6?

That’s fine if it is only a 3 way split, what if it’s 4, 5 or 6?
2 parties will have enough to have a combined majority.

Btw, many successful coalition governments through the world with 3 or more parties. It usually ensures better checks & balances.

Edit. Germany & Finland are examples of having a coalition government of 3 different parties... & they are 2 of the better run countries.

Last edited:
Not doing it for me, doesn't look like Mr. X is trying to appeal to the younger generation if the people that appear in his ad are representative of the age demographic he's targeting?.

First thing that came to mind was Pauline Pantsdown’s I Don’t Like It.

I watch it for the LOL’s!

Fishy smell emanating here...

Secret state: new Freedom of Information ‘cover up’ row on power crisis

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/5c082295f6c2b01c03aadf67f07c6de4

TAXPAYERS are footing State Government legal action to stop the public release of potentially embarrassing records over how the power crisis has hit South Australia’s largest private employer. For the past 19 months, the Department of Premier and Cabinet has refused to release documents under Freedom of Information laws about BHP’s “cost and supply of electricity”. The department has launched taxpayer-funded legal action against a State Ombudsman ruling — the FOI “independent umpire” — that the documents were of public interest and should be released. The row in the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, which now oversees FOI laws, also attacks Wayne Lines’ ruling for “openness and accountability”.
In February last year, the mining giant reported a $137 million profit hit after power outages at its Olympic Dam operations — including during the statewide blackout on September 28, 2016. The state’s energy crisis, and soaring electricity prices, have become an election issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back