Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
unnamed-1.gif

Last year's Preliminary Final was one of the best feelings I have experienced at a game. 1st ever game for points against Hawthorn, the 2 GFs and others have been special but Adelaide Oval was rocking that night.

Thursday night, school holidays and Rory signed, Betts back. Going to be noisy

Ready to Roar-y

Crows x 16

That was the moment I stopped hating danger
Literally that moment.
I now feel sorry for him.

Now it’s full hatred for lever (and a little Gunston in there too)

I wish I hadn't felt as emotionally fulfilled as I did after that night. I felt guilty even on gf day that maybe I didn't have another gear left in me. Turns out I didn't need to worry about finding out.

Danger hate was definitely gone after that though.

It's funny, I actually wondered earlier in the week why I didn't dislike Danger so much anymore. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Knowing that Danger probably wont get a flag does help a bit, and he did give his all for our club....... but never have I heard AO as loud as it was st that moment, well not at an AFL game.

The boys would have been lifted by yesterday's news, and I reckon they've got 1 more special effort in them for him.

Crows by 16

I wish I hadn't felt as emotionally fulfilled as I did after that night. I felt guilty even on gf day that maybe I didn't have another gear left in me. Turns out I didn't need to worry about finding out.

Danger hate was definitely gone after that though.
Exactly this. After smashing Geelong, the satisfaction was intoxicating. Nothing else mattered, and to me the GF was a fait accompli. Apparently the boys thought it was also.

The stage is set for tonight. Crows I reckon.

Just passed a heap of Geelong players going for a walk on North Terrace. Jelwood, Tuohy, Hawkins, Menegola and a few others.

Hawkins didn’t seem so big in person and Jelwood seemed bigger than I expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just passed a heap of Geelong players going for a walk on North Terrace. Jelwood, Tuohy, Hawkins, Menegola and a few others.

Probably cos he was standing upright

Your vision was probably still a bit blurred from him gouging you in the eye as you walked past!

Don’t know why any of us would have forgiven Danger for going. Cost us all premierships, including him. Can never forgive that. His defection was the worst in our history, daylight to second.

The result tonight is largely irrelevant because our season is already toast.

Don’t know why any of us would have forgiven Danger for going. Cost us all premierships, including him. Can never forgive that. His defection was the worst in our history, daylight to second.

The result tonight is largely irrelevant because our season is already toast.
He didn't cost us a premiership. We did that all by ourselves.

So many conflicting feelings about this game, overall one is just get the win.

The Danger vs Sloane thing adds something to the contest and I've checked back into the season, perhaps temporarily, I don't think I want us to be on the losing side of that, despite the draft picks etc.

I was prepared to see Sloane walk, I had even figured out how to not care about it, "players are temporary assets of the club, he gave no more or less than anyone else as he was compensated financially more than fairly for his time here"... then he signs?

All of a sudden it's back to Dangerfields a traitor, Sloane the club hero, good vs. evil... Let's go.

God damn I only just realised that this game is tonight and I am working tonight :(

Hopefully there will be reason to watch the replay when I get home
I hate the sudden onset of the flu.

Back