Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Not usually one to post in these threads but after this game I feel I have to.

Never in my life have I been more disappointed in a football side. We have lost convincingly to perhaps one of the worst sides of the past 20 years, similar to losing to Melbourne in 2013. Carlton played out of their skins, sure, but the skills and effort we have displayed today are deplorable. AND THEY ******* KICKED 100 POINTS FOR THE FIRST GAME IN ABOUT 40

Hunter should be embarrassed by his performance today. A *ingG CHARLES SUTTON MEDALIST OVER TWO OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE GAME.
Doesn't put on any body contact, he might have been double teamed today but in that case, you have to work through it. Running on the outskirts hoping to win the easy pill is the worst way to work through that. Just win a *ingg hard ball for crying out loud.

Cordy was terrible. All he had to do to was put some body on McKay. To allow 5 contested marks is inexcusable, as well as four goals.

We have the best young KPP in the game in Naughton, yet we don't *ingg kick it to him. Not his fault we can't hit a target, or at worst just put it to his advantage.

To see how Wood has fallen is so so disappointing. If we had any balls, he would be dropped and Bont would get the captaincy. He has been deplorable.

Williams very disappointing. All that needs to be said.

Richards tried hard from my perspective, but is continually blazing away inside 50. Either lower the eyes, or kick the goal. Sick of these half-shots where he is stuck in two minds.

Gowers, yet again, can't kick for goal. Does all the work, and can't convert.

Young was disappointing, was expecting more from him, zero impact.

Hayes was decent, above my expectations, should be happy with himself.

English played much better, 28 hit outs and some good marking around the ground.

Libba played out of position for much of the game, allowed us to be destroyed in the contested possessions and and clearances. Poor leadership by Bevo to allow that to happen.

McLean was very disappointing, especially in the last quarter when he had the opportunity to turn it around. Missed two set shots, one relatively easy, and a shocking turnover a minute later. Needs to be better.

Crozier good as always. Can always expect a lot out of him.

Disappointing from Macrae and his very high standards. Expect much more from him.

Johannisen better, will work his way into the season, considering it is only his second match.

Daniel was okay, but his turnover in the third quarter was a coach killer and meant the game was as good as over.

Bontempelli - deadset the only player that can hold is head high, and even he was far from his best.

Bevo is in the furnace now. Some of the worst team selection we have seen, and Carlton exploited this. He is most responsible for the way this season has turned.

22 scoring shots, and only 7 goals. Worst shooting for goal I have ever seen. It has been three seasons of this crap now. You'd think that'd be enough time to learn how to kick for goal.

Have a happy Easter everyone.

Honestly whenever we make fun of another fanbase for being fickle think of this moment.

IMO we were really carried in the first four rounds by our top end in Bont, Macrae, Daniel, Libba, Crozier and Hunter. I’d say that they were all well down today bar maybe Crozier.

That doesn’t mean Bevo should be sacked.

The rest weren’t great but I don’t think they’d really been great for four quarters in any of the previous four games.

We used to hear how much of a tactical mastermind beveridge is etc. Well where the hell is it?
Another season pissed down the drain. Reduced back down to the minnow bottom dweller club. 2016 feels like an anomaly.

I genuinely cannot understand Beveridge. The issues our side has are so glaringly obvious that we are all completely aware of them. He decides to bring in two players who haven’t earned their spot and actually added to these deficiencies.

Disgustingly arrogant.
Meanwhile you have English getting killed week in week out and he won't bring in someone like trengrove to help..

Our list build has somehow gone very wrong. Too many with iffy skills and next to no speed.

Thank god for Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton. Gives us some star power for the future.

Still believe Tim English and Ed Richards will get there as well.

The rest of the list outside Bont of course, doesn’t get you excited to watch footy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Wow....what absolute garbage. Gold Coast and now Carlton.

Luke Beveridge: You are becoming a stubborn pathetic coach. Just because you won a Premiership, you feel you have a free pass to do what you want. Supporters will thank you for the Premiership but you have torn the legacy to pieces. First of all, what is with you hating on talls? Disgraceful playing Easton Wood on a KPP and having Cordy as our only Key position back (191cm). Even he gets destroyed by the 200cm forwards. Also, you are costing us games with having Dunkley as our 2nd ruckman. If we didn't win the Premiership back in 2016, you'd be in the firing line this week. Stop it with your small man syndrome and wake the * up!!! You drop Schake but bring in another small. Go and get ****ed!!! and then play Duckley as a 2nd ruckman and we get destroyed.

So many players are frustrating the s**t out of me.

Gowers - Can take a mark. That's it!!! No football IQ, no skill kicking for goal. Has a crack but one of the dumbest footballers going around.

Hunter - thinks highly of himself. shocking penetration with his kicking and slows us down with his kicking backwards and holding up play.

Easton Wood - What a joke of a player he has become. Bev has something to do with it playing him as our 2nd key back. He has never had a football IQ. another dumb footballer and pure athlete. And this is our leader. Yikes!!!!

Too many slow players. one paced and s**t skills. Dunkley and Wallis....Geez, whats the point of playing Dunkley forward when he cant kick to save himself!!!

By playing Naughton as our only tall forward today made it too hard for him. Need another Tall forward to take the focus off him with the high ball coming in.

Libba and Crozier our only players that can hold their head high after that garbage. Beveridge should be under a lot of pressure with his garbage selection, playing a drawf defence and only 1 tall forward and Dunkley as our 2nd Ruckman. It was only a matter of time before he was going to get caught out.

Our list build has somehow gone very wrong. Too many with iffy skills and next to no speed.

Thank god for Bailey Smith and Aaron Naughton. Gives us some star power for the future.

Still believe Tim English and Ed Richards will get there as well.

The rest of the list outside Bont of course, doesn’t get you excited to watch footy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t know why Macrae bothers. Bont gets a free pass no matter how he plays. Macrae doesn’t have Bont’s glamour but he’s my first name on the team sheet every week. Oh, and if he does get a sniff he can kick straight.

Never in my life have I been more disappointed in a football side. We have lost convincingly to perhaps one of the worst sides of the past 20 years, similar to losing to Melbourne in 2013. Carlton played out of their skins, sure, but the skills and effort we have displayed today are deplorable. AND THEY ******* KICKED 100 POINTS FOR THE FIRST GAME IN ABOUT 40

Hunter should be embarrassed by his performance today. A *ingG CHARLES SUTTON MEDALIST OVER TWO OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE GAME.
Doesn't put on any body contact, he might have been double teamed today but in that case, you have to work through it. Running on the outskirts hoping to win the easy pill is the worst way to work through that. Just win a *ingg hard ball for crying out loud.

Cordy was terrible. All he had to do to was put some body on McKay. To allow 5 contested marks is inexcusable, as well as four goals.

We have the best young KPP in the game in Naughton, yet we don't *ingg kick it to him. Not his fault we can't hit a target, or at worst just put it to his advantage.

To see how Wood has fallen is so so disappointing. If we had any balls, he would be dropped and Bont would get the captaincy. He has been deplorable.

Richards tried hard from my perspective, but is continually blazing away inside 50. Either lower the eyes, or kick the goal. Sick of these half-shots where he is stuck in two minds.

English played much better, 28 hit outs and some good marking around the ground.

Libba played out of position for much of the game, allowed us to be destroyed in the contested possessions and and clearances. Poor leadership by Bevo to allow that to happen.

McLean was very disappointing, especially in the last quarter when he had the opportunity to turn it around. Missed two set shots, one relatively easy, and a shocking turnover a minute later. Needs to be better.

Disappointing from Macrae and his very high standards. Expect much more from him.

Johannisen better, will work his way into the season, considering it is only his second match.

Daniel was okay, but his turnover in the third quarter was a coach killer and meant the game was as good as over.

Bontempelli - deadset the only player that can hold is head high, and even he was far from his best.

Bevo is in the furnace now. Some of the worst team selection we have seen, and Carlton exploited this. He is most responsible for the way this season has turned.

22 scoring shots, and only 7 goals. Worst shooting for goal I have ever seen. It has been three seasons of this crap now. You'd think that'd be enough time to learn how to kick for goal.

27 shots, 6 goals, 13 kicked behinds, 8 no score.

Embarrassing loss.

Can't say we gave ourselves a chance with team selection. Seemed arrogant to me. Not sure why we'd be confident after losing to Gold Coast.

Same old tune. Not enough tall support and too many one paced butchers. Players continually played out of their best position. Kicking for goal so bad its comical.

Most of us were concerned - why can't the coach see it or do something about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were outcoached by one of the worst coaches to be appointed to a senior side.

Beveridge played our contested beasts in libba forward and dunkley forward, back and ruck until the last quarter. He played bailey smith up forwsrd and for extended periods Gowers was starting in the centre. Its beyond a f*****g joke and us as a supporter base shouldn't take it anymore.

We have had good players knocking down the door in the 2nds who we have ignored for weeks on end now.

Bevo has spent all his credits. The bloke won us a long awaited premiership, which everyone of us is thankful for, but he can’t dine out on that forever.
He’s got to show that he’s got more tactical tools in the shed. At the moment he deserves to have the torch put on him.

We were outcoached by one of the worst coaches to be appointed to a senior side.

Beveridge played our contested beasts in libba forward and dunkley forward, back and ruck until the last quarter. He played bailey smith up forwsrd and for extended periods Gowers was starting in the centre. Its beyond a f*****g joke and us as a supporter base shouldn't take it anymore.

We have had good players knocking down the door in the 2nds who we have ignored for weeks on end now.
He's had how many years for us to fix our scoring efficiency?

So disheartened with this club. Going to be a long week.

We deserve everything coming our way this week. We’ve coasted on 2016 for long enough. Time to put the blowtorch to everything and everyone at whiten oval.

Riddle me this bevo: when you’re undersized defence is getting chopped up week after week. Do you.

A) bring in another tall?

B) double down and go even smaller?

C) switch your one competent tall to defence?

D) leave you’re one competent tall to the hell scape of our forward line?

E) willfully ignore the patently obvious?

I’m with you.

I love Beveridge. Always have and always will. I’ve given him heaps of leeway.

But today was disgraceful.

Every single thing about today was horrendous.

Mate, your excellent content should not have been confined to just one post. It allows all the "Boxer" (George Orwell, Animal Farm) posters to attack on mass. Watch me.

That game should find it's way to the dark web for the clinically insane to watch. 'Football club and a cup' seems an appropriate title.

Today's train wreck started at the selection table. Which idiots thought that we are playing well enough to blood to absolute fringe players whose performance in the VFL barely merits their continued selection at that level.

Would those cretins please have the decency to step up, identify themselves and explain what for dear Jesus' sake they were thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back