Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the AFL review the clubs’ tpp to make sure they can actually match?

Reports are they couldn’t meet geelongs offer, but they are apparently matching?

Would’ve thought they need to prove they could fit Cameron in their cap.
I admit when it comes to matters involving the expansion clubs, I do not trust the AFL as an impartial body.

I admit when it comes to matters involving the expansion clubs, I do not trust the AFL as an impartial body.

We feel the exact same way about the vic clubs.

They want us competitive yes but it’s the vics winning that gives the big sponsors and media in Melbourne the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does the AFL review the clubs’ tpp to make sure they can actually match?

Reports are they couldn’t meet geelongs offer, but they are apparently matching?

Would’ve thought they need to prove they could fit Cameron in their cap.

well I assume the AFL will give them a chance to move some players to make room as long is still in the trading window. Whos to say they not for example working on a trade to move conglio to make room.

If they force a trade I suspect a third party comes in to assist. Giants want players, Cats to not really have any to give (of sufficient quality) but have picks so a club like North might be interested in some Cats picks and send players to GWS. Crows also would be a logical player.

The other interesting part now that GWS have said they will match be whether Geelong now try and make it like the Dangerfield situation where they trade instead of putting a RFA contract in

A RFA contract can't be renegotiated for salary cap purposes

Reports are they couldn’t meet geelongs offer, but they are apparently matching

Couldn’t match, or wouldn’t match? They’re not the same things.

They can ‘match’ it to force a trade, but sounds like they’re not willing to actually pay him that much in reality

Couldn’t match, or wouldn’t match? They’re not the same things.

They can ‘match’ it to force a trade, but sounds like they’re not willing to actually pay him that much in reality

I know Geelong won't, but it would be interesting if the Cats just called their bluff and didn't trade for him, so GWS are left with a contract that was more than they were wanting to offer the player to begin with, knowing full well that said player doesn't even want to be there. It totally won't happen in this case, Geelong are pretty keen, but one day it will, I imagine. Probably to do with Essendon.

Giants apparently say a lot of things. I heard Cameron was staying everyday for two years. Now they want players. Next they want picks.

Old Jase McCarthy certainly didn’t rule out accepting pick 9. Maybe Dave Matthews should have waited more than an hour before making demands and citing irrelevant benchmark trades on the radio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t forget, GWS can claim to match while fairly sure they will never actually have to pay the money

Unless he calls their bluff and accepts.

Pick 9 is completely reasonable in my view. If cats are prepared to offer that up, deal gets done. I don't see any reason why they wld have to add another player on top. Cameron wants out, nominated cats, cats have pick 9. All the chest beating is pointless.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Pick 9 is completely reasonable in my view. If cats are prepared to offer that up, deal gets done. I don't see any reason why they wld have to add another player on top. Cameron wants out, nominated cats, cats have pick 9. All the chest beating is pointless.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cats don't have Pick 9 - the band 1 compo will likely be Pick 9, following their first pick.

Cats have 11, 13, 18/19 and some others

Agree that the compo is reasonable, but think the Giants will want to try and extract more juice from the lemon - which is a mistake imho, as it was a mistake to not budge on the $$$ to keep Cameron in the first place, only to huff and puff about matching later. It doesn't breed good will with players, or in this case, oppo clubs.

It'd be a different story if Jeremy was contracted and/or much younger, but he's not.

Last edited:
I can really see GWS matching and keeping Cameron, they have nothing to lose.

Better to do this now than holding up Cameron McCarthy in the past by far

Its all upside for GWS with this strategy, if Geelong want to come to the party and show their love for Cameron let them do it!!

Why the hell would Cameron sign for them, having just requested a trade?

Because he can't hurt the club any more?

GWS are in a win win and Cameron has a better chance for a premiership than getting pidgeon-holed at a declining Geelong.

Cameron can always escape GWS later if he insists and find greener pastures more secure than Geelong with better credentials

Back