List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was still dead average. Had a couple of nice plays against a team missing their entire starting midfield (Dusty playing forward as not fit) and then lost one of their few remaining senior players in the first quarter. Also missing their FF and CHF from last year and their retired former midfield captain from last year....

Get back to me when he actually plays a just honest straight good game where where he beats his opponent.

He took a big step forward today. Something he can review, build confidence from and continue improving on.

That’s what you want for a player who is playing in their 19th game.

You can only play whobis out in front of you.

His decision making and disposal were good today, a real positive game from him. Just needs keep cracking in and hopefully his output will come along for the ride.

I argue with my old man about Chesser because he doesn't rate him. He needs to be allowed to fail, learn, get better because the talent and running ability is there. Simpson's stalled the development of so many of our draftees by constantly dropping them for experienced players. These young blokes on the list need to be bought through as a group.

I argue with my old man about Chesser because he doesn't rate him. He needs to be allowed to fail, learn, get better because the talent and running ability is there. Simpson's stalled the development of so many of our draftees by constantly dropping them for experienced players. These young blokes on the list need to be bought through as a group.
I hope this means Hall will also be given a chance this year to develop in the AFL despite not dominating the WAFL yet.

He was still dead average. Had a couple of nice plays against a team missing their entire starting midfield (Dusty playing forward as not fit) and then lost one of their few remaining senior players in the first quarter. Also missing their FF and CHF from last year and their retired former midfield captain from last year....

Get back to me when he actually plays a just honest straight good game where where he beats his opponent.
“Opponent wasn’t good enough” just proves you’re a hater. Take the L bitch.

Looks pretty good in the open spaces , more an outside reciever at AFL , but that's okay we need that type of player .
Could improve in other areas .
He's very good in traffic but is definitely someone who doesn't naturally hunt the ball and if that's Phils criticism it's a weak one.

I'm happy for him to be dropped but in spite of his low disposal numbers he's been good with the ball when he's had it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's very good in traffic but is definitely someone who doesn't naturally hunt the ball and if that's Phils criticism it's a weak one.
How so? I think outside mids and wings these days need to be able to win their own ball rather than rely on receiving it, unless you’re an absolute weapon with ball in hand.

I kinda see him as a more athletic Sheed. Damaging in space but tend to ball watch, and you can only have so many players like that in the side

He looks like he’ll be a solid player though, and will look infinitely better in a side that’s functioning properly.

He had a decent game today. Some good moments but also went missing for long periods

Positive was that when he did get his hands on the ball he didn’t look panicked. There was one passage where his kick was smothered but he gathered the loose ball and handballed off to a teammate in space

Made some good contests as well like the marking contest at the top of our goal square that resulted in his goal

He’s miles away from a finished product and it’s still uncertain what that might be but today was a (small) step forward

I think he’ll improve as the team does

I know comparing off one game isn't the best method but I still found this interesting

One game. I love the coasters. Member for 28 years. Love in Karratha so only get to coupla games a year!
If you are gonna do that rubbish, it's 4 to 1.
Grow up. I was only making a point. All the people comparing chesser to a freo flog and the flogs stats are better. What the friar tuck
Yesterday was chessers best game. But one from19 against no mids, depleted side.

He had a decent game today. Some good moments but also went missing for long periods

Positive was that when he did get his hands on the ball he didn’t look panicked. There was one passage where his kick was smothered but he gathered the loose ball and handballed off to a teammate in space

Made some good contests as well like the marking contest at the top of our goal square that resulted in his goal

He’s miles away from a finished product and it’s still uncertain what that might be but today was a (small) step forward

I think he’ll improve as the team does

He is clearly the sort of player (and playing in the position) that will be better when the team plays better.

Call that a front runner or whatever people choose, but it is what it is. Not a terrible quality, and decent pace plus elite endurance are hard to teach.

He also keeps space a lot, which is clearly his role. Gets burnt at times by teammates but that should improve.

Showed yesterday that he can be a low ish possession player but still have an impact.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks pretty good in the open spaces , more an outside reciever at AFL , but that's okay we need that type of player .
Could improve in other areas .

If he plays on Sharp then we will get a reasonable guide on his progress.... 2 soft, outside runners........ powder puffs drawn at no closer than 15m.

Won't judge them on how many easy, uncontested receives they get, but how they run, carry and deliver.

Bit tough calling Chess a powder puff. He smashed in yesterday I thought he was pretty good.

The guys seem to love him too.

Just needs another 5 or so possies to get in the 20s and he's away

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sharp is a good match up for Chesser. Sharp will challenge him defensively with his endurance running, but isn’t contested enough to give Chesser the son treatment. Pickett was really physical with Chesser yesterday and I thought Chesser stood up pretty well.

Another opportunity for chesser to get another game under his belt and take a step forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back