Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

chad-warner-of-the-swans-trains-during-a-sydney-swans-afl-training-picture-id1251467315

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

I agree with the earlier poster who said the "Wingard" appellation should be removed from the title of this thread.
He is our Chad Warner, not some flog from Port or Hawthorn.

I agree with the earlier poster who said the "Wingard" appellation should be removed from the title of this thread.
He is our Chad Warner, not some flog from Port or Hawthorn.
Agree. The title should be "The Chad" Warner.

I know memes. I'm hip with what the kids are doing.

Really impressed by what Warner has done in pre-season. Coming along nicely. Some (not so much on here but some other boards around the place) suggest he is in front of Rowbottom for Rd 1, which I don't really buy, but he should be in the 22 I'd think and he and Rowbottom give a lot to like about their ability to genuinely play a more mixed 'bull' like role compared to the more traditional one (Kennedy'esque) which with the way the rules of the game are going seems to be on the way out in terms of influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing the credit some fans will give themselves. In the end we really know a lot less than the coaches do and we don’t work with the players every day etc. yet some would have you believe we’d win another flag as long as they were in the coaches seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing the credit some fans will give themselves. In the end we really know a lot less than the coaches do and we don’t work with the players every day etc. yet some would have you believe we’d win EVERY flag as long as they were in the coaches seat.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
Amazing the credit some fans will give themselves. In the end we really know a lot less than the coaches do and we don’t work with the players every day etc. yet some would have you believe we’d win another flag as long as they were in the coaches seat.

Nah its just having a rudimentry knowledge of the game, amazing some fans lack it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back