Player Watch #11 Tom Papley - Telling it like it is

Remove this Banner Ad

idTAwFiA.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
This season id agree but previous seasons he was turning the tide in games we were losing and often winning them off his own boot.

Something's not it right with him this year

yep this year , playing for frees, running when we are on top, not standing up

He is out of form but maybe we just have to keep him in.

He has kicked 12.12 and it doesn't show OOF or short, rushed or punched for a point or out of bounds or a turnover.

Got 4 frees and a gimme from Buddy. Kicked 1.3 today.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

He is out of form but maybe we just have to keep him in.

He has kicked 12.12 and it doesn't show OOF or short, rushed or punched for a point or out of bounds or a turnover.

Got 4 frees and a gimme from Buddy. Kicked 1.3 today.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
I'd love to see assist stats for Papley. I bet they're zero. Anyone got a link?

Id take his 2.5 every week if it means we get the effort we got last night consistently
Was mostly taking the piss. He was very good last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive shout out and kudos to Papley who has had a wonderful finals series so far. His energy and attack on the ball has just lifted everyone around him.

Has pulled our arse out of the fire when we've lapsed a bit and driven us the verve to keep going. Love your work Tom = new teachers pet.

New 5 year contract signed!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back