1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We are playing this very well.

Obviously the Head wicket was a bad moment but other than that we’re doing exactly what we need to.

No need to swing the bat at this point. Just be patient, protect the wicket, put the bad balls away and rotate the strike.
We need to go at 2.5 am over.

Common sense batting.

We haven't been in front for the entire game. If it ends up a draw because we're scoring too slowly now then so be it. It will feel like a loss to England.
And no matter how they and their media try to spin it, it will be their fault for producing such a flat wicket.

He was always an opener, instead in 2019 we dropped him when he was batting 3 and played Marcus bloody Harris.
Didn’t even put his hand up to open for his state when there was an opening position available in fairness. Never really showed Cricket Australia that he wanted that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke for half an hour or so

GettyImages-50902757.jpg
Dreamy

He was far from perfect, but I still say he was in another league compared to Pat. We got in the positions we did more due to individual performances rather than smart strategy and planning.

I do think he is an excellent captain. Would probably choose him to over any captain in international cricket.

However Cummins would be getting absolutely smoked if he'd kept Moeen on and only gave Broad two overs from overs 38 to 80. I'd argue that was the worst captained innings of this Test.

Edit: Broad is bowling like a monster this innings which makes captaincy easier too.

Back