1st ODI England v Australia @ The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to play the Premier League tune to this instead.

I kinda begrudge Jason Roy for that 180 at the MCG.

He hit so many in the air and was given so many lifelines, so it was no wonder he made bugger all after that.
Don't want to take credit away from him, but still the arseiest innings I've ever seen.

It'll be interesting to see how Michael Neser goes. I liked the look of him in his early days, and although he never had height and pace, I thought he might develop into a James Hopes level of cricketer but Neser is still a couple of rungs down from that, albeit he is definitely improving.

It took Hopes till around the same age before he worked out how to use his smarts to overcome the physical limitations he had so with a bit of luck Neser can do the same.... Even so Hopes only really solidified his spot as an international cricket for about 18 to 24 months and the competition for spots is significantly higher now (when all hands are on deck that is).

I suspect - as much as I'd like to be wrong - Neser might have a tough time of it at international level, especially against some of the power hitters England have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back