Past Alex Johnson - thank you for all your service, delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

No rush?

The article says 6 weeks for an injury unrelated to his knee surgeries. This should be alarming. I don’t think you comprehend the setback of a six week injury in round 4 to a bloke only back in the club on a rookie deal.

There’s such little time left.
It's a groin issue. Don't worry he will pull the pin when there is no hope.

Clever and off topic

To bring it back on topic, in response to what you posted above, even if he doesn't play another senior game he's still a champion in my eyes and I greatly admire him for being able to stay positive and for doing everything in his power to try and make it back. If it's not to be, it's not to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances he'll play in the senior side this yr?

I'd be shocked if he plays at AFL level unless we have a number of injuries. Our top side is pretty settled lets cut to the chase here. As it is we have a lot of defenders, and in the NEAFL last year (late) he was okay without being much more. Never know though, you can never say never to anyone on our list.

I really hope he does play a game as it will be extremely emotional.

I honestly just hope he is pain free from a physical point of view, he is an inspiration for getting back up and not giving up.

So here we are on 10 May. Any chance of AJ playing a NEAFL game any time soon?

IF AJ is fit and showing any sort of form towards the end of the season AND

IF we are out of the running for the 8,

THEN it would be appropriate for AJ to play in our last home game.

If we do not make the Finals it would be a positive way to end what would be an otherwise disappointing season. There would not be a dry eye at the SCG in the stands or on the ground when AJ ran out with his comrades.

Still, the bloke is already a bloody legend who has zero to prove to himself or anyone else.

If we do not make the Finals it would be a positive way to end what would be an otherwise disappointing season

In the mean time, we are 4 & 3 after 7 rounds, sitting 8th, one game off third, after one of the hardest draws alongside the well coached darlings of the moment, North & Collingwood.

The sky is falling.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back