NFL 2009/10 NFC Wild Card Round: Philadelphia vs Dallas

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: (09/10) NFC Wild Card Round: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys

That's not true man, Philly ranged from $14-$17 to win SB at the start of the year, they were one of the top 6 teams in betting but by no means favourites.

After the pre season?

Before the injuries etc we were backed in odds, and by a number of prediction sites. I remember one simulator had us going undefeated, to my amusement.

Didnt really work out that way once we hit the injures... bradley going down, jj dying, shawn realizing hes still hurt, stacey not panning out etc.

Noticethe Philly fans are still about posting about their team...had the result been reversed, one can imagine the Cowboy fans who would stick around....

Thought the saddest thing was the entire crowd being more interested in chanting 'goodbye' at us than focusing on their own victory for like the last 2 minutes of game time.

Thought the saddest thing was the entire crowd being more interested in chanting 'goodbye' at us than focusing on their own victory for like the last 2 minutes of game time.

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey... good-bye

I would suggest that is celebrating our successful ejection of Philadelphia from the playoffs. Hence our victory and advancing :thumbsu:

cab7490aeaf6708b40af94b1dcdef032-getty-.jpg

8f3d506befd7ff26dd8b94313ce01429-getty-.jpg

95288f055820ccec8bd46de00fad6727-getty-.jpg

You're right, the fans if the game was in Philly would have wished the Cowboys well for next season & given them a standing Ovation for their efforts.....Also, did you see Mcnab razzing the crowd up when he came out--you carry on like that you're going to have people tell you goodbye.

I think the rivalry & the bit of bad blood (from a neutral fan perspective)makes the Dal/Phi games that much more interesting, you're just upset (& fair enough) your team copped a belting.

I hope the team is as satisfied as the fans seem to be. Jobs only one quarter done.

Give us a spell, we hate you *****.

Plenty of time to celebrate and move on, might as well sink the boots into your lot while they're still on the field.

Upset? No... Im not mad about it, i just thought it made them look sad. Like, if i was a player and id just pulled off my teams first victory in 12 years in the playoffs, i might want the attention to be on me, instead of the other team.

Dont worry, if this game had been in philly, they woulda been chanting goodbye to mcnabb too. ;)

Give us a spell, we hate you *****.

Plenty of time to celebrate and move on, might as well sink the boots into your lot while they're still on the field.

Oh, im not suprised or anything.

Stadium woulda had 10 people in it by that stage if the result had been reversed. Glass chin dallas fans love dishing it out after all. ;)

Stadium woulda had 10 people in it by that stage if the result had been reversed. Glass chin dallas fans love dishing it out after all. ;)

3-0 ;)

we copped our whack in the last game last year, time for your mob to stick their chins out and take it like men.

13 long years and we break our duck against you bastards, life is good.

Upset? No... Im not mad about it, i just thought it made them look sad. Like, if i was a player and id just pulled off my teams first victory in 12 years in the playoffs, i might want the attention to be on me, instead of the other team.

Dont worry, if this game had been in philly, they woulda been chanting goodbye to mcnabb too. ;)

Wow, your posts are really sad dude. Haven't you been taught to just walk away when your beat?

Great points big woofer.

Don't worry - the attention is on us. Well and truly, we didn't need to sing a song for that to happen. haha

I think we may have earned it, just a tad!

Anyway time to move on to the Minnesota fans. Philadelphia is history now.

3-0 ;)

we copped our whack in the last game last year, time for your mob to stick their chins out and take it like men.

13 long years and we break our duck against you bastards, life is good.

Except, most of you pricks ducked and covered.

Im here with my chin out mate, go for gold.

Its kind of sweet that you clowns are more focussed on us than the fact that you actually won a playoff game. :thumbsu:

Wow, your posts are really sad dude. Haven't you been taught to just walk away when your beat?

Great points big woofer.

Don't worry - the attention is on us. Well and truly, we didn't need to sing a song for that to happen. haha

'Taught you to walk away when you're beat?'

No, i was taught that a man stands and takes what hes got coming.

The whole 'you should hide when things go badly' thing is a Dallas fan hallmark, so im not suprised you're so confused that im still posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romo gave the impression of a very relieved but focused man in his press conference. Not sure about the King Kong comment by the press, but at the very least, a massive silverback gorilla has been lifted from his shoulders.

I think he's starting to believe again.

Romo gave the impression of a very relieved but focused man in his press conference. A massive silverback gorilla has been lifted from his shoulders.

I think he's starting to believe again.

Romo is playing at a very high level, he doesn't look like a guy who's going to blow it for his team this year--& I think Dallas started to believe after the Saints game.

Well the games over and i am rapt. Massive monkey off the back for Dallas and our D was awesome once again. Commiserations to Philly fans and it seems this thread got a bit heated but thats the way it is and the passion is showing. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to next week and bring on the Vikings.

Yup.

One of the few cowboys fans ive been disappointed to see drop in posting over the years.

I'm disapointed myself, the best forum on BF needs posters of my quality. I can't believe how much its grown since i pleaded with Adrian to give American Football it's own board 5 or so years ago.

Thankfully my work hours will drop a little this year and i can post a little more. God knows this place needs some of my cowboys bias and misplaced arrogance.

Watched until half time and went to lunch at Lone Star Steakhouse with the family thinking I would watch the second half on IQ when I got home. Meal finished and when I was leaving I saw the game on their big screen I was sitting side on from with one minute to go. Should have realised a restaurant themed on Texas would have the game on. Duh!

In awe of our D at the moment. Every component clicking and in rare form. We're just in week 2 now with 7 other teams. A long long way to go.

Watched until half time and went to lunch at Lone Star Steakhouse with the family thinking I would watch the second half on IQ when I got home. Meal finished and when I was leaving I saw the game on their big screen I was sitting side on from with one minute to go. Should have realised a restaurant themed on Texas would have the game on. Duh!

In awe of our D at the moment. Every component clicking and in rare form. We're just in week 2 now with 7 other teams. A long long way to go.

Did you get Amarillo Fries?

Dallas would have beaten every team in the NFL they way they played today..

almost weakness-less

Cant wait to see that match up V the vikings next week, winner will rep the NFC n the super bowl IMO

Did you get Amarillo Fries?
No. Saw someone else with them but had already ordered the Texas Chicken Burger with mushrooms and sour cream. The fries would have been cheese overload.

I was trying to hurry everyone up so I could get home and watch the game and all the while it was on over my head. I would have stayed and made room for dessert and told everyone to slow down and enjoy their food if I had have known. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back