2010 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt this will undergo a bit of change between now and next March, but anyhow...

1 - Adelaide
2 - Western Bulldogs
3 - Hawthorn
4 - St Kilda
5 - Collingwood
6 - Carlton
7 - Geelong
8 - West Coast
-------------------
9 - Brisbane
10 - North Melbourne
11 - Port Adelaide
12 - Essendon
13 - Richmond
14 - Sydney
15 - Fremantle
16 - Melbourne

1. Geelong
2. St Kilda
3. Hawthorn
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Collingwood
6. Brisbane
7. West Coast
8. Carlton
9. Adelaide
10. Essendon
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. Richmond
16. Fremantle

Are people actually series about now putting Geelong in the top 4 let alone the top 2? Yes, some players are ageing a bit but what about players like Selwood, Varcoe, Gamble, Hawkins,etc will all be better next season. Cant see us not making the top 4..

1. St. Kilda (will be the best team during the season again but won't run away with it like they did this year).
2. Hawthorn (will be back amongst it and should be up there if they get some players during trade week including Burgoyne).
3. Adelaide (i rate them highly and all the players will want to make a mends for another disappointing finals series this year).
4. Carlton (will continue to improve but will still lack experience in the big games).
5. Geelong (a couple of retirments will see them drop down a little but could still go a long way in the finals).
6. Collingwood (think they will do what they did in 2008 a drop off a little after making the prelim).
7. Western Bulldogs (if everything goes right then they will be premiers but i think the old brigade will drop off a little which will also expose the 2nd tier players).
8. Brisbane Lions (like the Bulldogs, if everything goes right they could go a long way but i dont think enough players will perform consistantly to finish higher up).
9. West Coast Eagles
10. Essendon
11. Fremantle
12. Melbourne
13. Port Melbourne
14. Sydney
15. Richmond
16. Kangaroos

Are people actually series about now putting Geelong in the top 4 let alone the top 2? Yes, some players are ageing a bit but what about players like Selwood, Varcoe, Gamble, Hawkins,etc will all be better next season. Cant see us not making the top 4..
Geez, how dare people not put Geelong in the top 2. Most of your retirements could be from the backline so the players you listed don't really have a say in how you go next year.

7. Western Bulldogs (if everything goes right then they will be premiers but i think the old brigade will drop off a little which will also expose the 2nd tier players).

2nd tier players like who???:confused:
Cross:eek:
Cooney:eek:
Griffin:eek:
Higgins:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Lake:eek:
Morris:eek:
Harbrow:eek:
Hargrave:eek:
Ward:eek:
Picken:eek:
Gilbee:eek:

Jeeze, that list would put Melbournes depth to shame :rolleyes:

Such "expert" and "knowledgeable" commentary here, it's as if Kappa's been following our club for years, isn't it... :rolleyes:

Crazy_Homer_Simpson_by_X_Raited.jpg

1. St Kilda
2. Geelong
3. Adelaide
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Hawthorn
6. Brisbane
7. Collingwood
8. Port Adelaide
--------------------------
9. Carlton
10. West Coast
11. Essendon
12. Sydney
13. North Melbourne
14. Richmond
15. Fremantle
16. Melbourne

I just can't see many of the bottom 8 going into the top 8 next season even though it usually happens, with Hawthorn the obvious exception.

Not particularly mate, because we've had at least 5 games that I can point to where the loss of huge chunks of our best 22 through injury had a MASSIVE influence on the outcome.

WCE at Subi, Bulldogs at the MCG, Adelaide at the 'G, Richmond at the 'G, and Sydney at Manuka.

All close matches (3 of them lost by about a goal or less in fact, the other 2 by about 3 goals), where injuries to players in key positions were a decisive factor in the result.

Haha I remember that game. Sydney played like absolute crap (which is pretty crap) and still Beat you guys. Comfortably.

Such a borrring game though I had never been so bored during a win.

Yes, but we had around 20 of our squad (including about half of our best 22) out that day.

Think it's safe to say you Swans probably wouldn't have gotten over the line otherwise ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing is certain.

Stop taking everything so personal.

St Kilda must win a flag for everyone involved in footy
Geelong still a great team, just a matter of hunger
Bulldogs prelims last two years, must at least make a granny
Hawthorn, still have the list, imagine adding Burgoyne
Collingwood
Adelaide
Carlton,
Brisbane

West Coast, my biased opinion, puts them outside of 8
Essendon
Fremantle, very good young list, just a matter of when
Port, very inconsistent, who knows where theyll finish?
Richmond, new coach will whip half decent list into shape
Kangaroos, promising kids but taking a chance, Port and Richmond to finish higher
Sydney probably a bit lower
Melbourne, rebuilding

Well done and thank you to both Geelong and St. Kilda.
Was a very enjoyable GF, apart from first half umpiring.

And here we go for a stab in the dark.

1. St. Kilda - How can they not finish top?
2. Geelong - The loss of Harley and maybe Milburn will barely affect them.
3. Collingwood - 2 more summers in the gym for the 21 year olds before we're a threat.
4. Adelaide - Looked great toward the end of this season.
5. Brisbane - Great season (09). Similar to Adelaide and West Coast, great young talent.
6. Dogs - They finish around here if Johnno's done, higher if he plays on.
7. West Coast - Impressive young players, wouldn't surprise me if they finish higher.
8. Carlton - Judd out for the first 3 weeks. Not to mention the horrible culture at the club, led by fev. Disgraceful example on their younger players.

9. Essendon - The loss of Lloyd will show. If he had more in him then I had them finishing a lot higher.
10. Sydney - Impressive last few rounds. This is why I put them here and not further down.
11. Hawthorn - If 2 injuries is all it takes for them to unfold, then they are in for a similar season in 2010.
12. Fremantle - Decent youth coming up, finals in 2011 not 2010 though.
13. Port - They have too many players that just don't care about winning. Pathetic, especially with the talent, should be a top 2 side.
14. Melbourne - Still really really young.
15. North - New coach, average list.
16. Richmond - Richo is old, and they are nothing without him.

This is going off the end of this season.
Obviously I will be waaay off with a few teams. Trades ect... will change things.

Geelong
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
Adelaide
Collingwood
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon

Port Adelaide
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Essendon
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Richmond

1.Saints- Hungrier than ever
2.Cats- 1 more year untill they really start to drop off
3.Pies- 2 more years and we will have the best oppurtunity to win a flag
4.Doggies- Key Foward a must-Bazza??
5.Hawks-Won the premiership a few years to early they will become a good side
6.Crows-
7.Lions-
8.Essendon-Move the ball around the backline like an Elite team with all gun players which is great thing for a young team to be able to do
9. West Coast-

Premiers= Saints
Brownlow= Ablett to bloody good
Coleman=Buddy

Dunno just some predictions i thought off the top of my head.

Well done and thank you to both Geelong and St. Kilda.
Was a very enjoyable GF, apart from first half umpiring.

And here we go for a stab in the dark.

1. St. Kilda - How can they not finish top?
2. Geelong - The loss of Harley and maybe Milburn will barely affect them.
3. Collingwood - 2 more summers in the gym for the 21 year olds before we're a threat.
4. Adelaide - Looked great toward the end of this season.
5. Brisbane - Great season (09). Similar to Adelaide and West Coast, great young talent.
6. Dogs - They finish around here if Johnno's done, higher if he plays on.
7. West Coast - Impressive young players, wouldn't surprise me if they finish higher.
8. Carlton - Judd out for the first 3 weeks. Not to mention the horrible culture at the club, led by fev. Disgraceful example on their younger players.

9. Essendon - The loss of Lloyd will show. If he had more in him then I had them finishing a lot higher.
10. Sydney - Impressive last few rounds. This is why I put them here and not further down.
11. Hawthorn - If 2 injuries is all it takes for them to unfold, then they are in for a similar season in 2010.
12. Fremantle - Decent youth coming up, finals in 2011 not 2010 though.
13. Port - They have too many players that just don't care about winning. Pathetic, especially with the talent, should be a top 2 side.
14. Melbourne - Still really really young.
15. North - New coach, average list.
16. Richmond - Richo is old, and they are nothing without him.

This is going off the end of this season.
Obviously I will be waaay off with a few teams. Trades ect... will change things.

Not far away from how I see it except you vastly overrate WCE who will be a good team but need to learn to play away, and you underestimate Hawthorn who has a lot of talent but struggled to get it on the field this year. I also think that Port might sink a bit lower than us. Not because we are better but they seem to have all sorts of problems at the moment.

Ok lets give it a go:

1. Saints- Will be hungrier than ever to finally win one.
2. Collingwood- The performance that the pies had in the prelim is not a representation of their skill, good chance for premiership.
3. Geelong- Don't know why people think they will drop, will probably miss the grand final though.
4. Adelaide- Unlucky to not make the prelim this year and have a really good list full of youngsters as well as veterans.
5. Carlton- I think that we could make a prelim if we hit our straps at the right time, Juddy missing the first 3 will hurt.
6. Western Bulldogs- Not sure about Bazza but they will make at least second week of finals.
7. Hawthorn- If they remain as injury free as possible they could challenge for the top four.
8. Brisbane- Probably making up the numbers.

-------------------------------------------------------

9. Essendon
10. Port Adelaide
11. Kangaroos
12. West Coast
13. Sydney
14. Fremantle
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond- I feel so sorry for Damien Hardwick next year.:thumbsdown:

1. Bulldogs
2. Saints
3. Adelaide