List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phantom draft will be released at about 7.30 tonight. :)
Was thinking I may do the same, but it's too hard to type with one hand

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's the first time I've seen the proposed trade of picks 1 and 21 for 4 and 7 in the media.
Can't help but feel that the Frawley compo really ****ed things for us… would love to see his contract details… I bet he's not even on a Goddard/Thomas size deal.

If 4 & 7 were 3 & 6… we would have snaffled that trade up… still got McCartin plus a gun @ 6.

:DHappy Draft Day BF family!
As I have posted previously, I really don't think anyone but the 5 Saints staff know which way we will go. All this McCartin stuff is just speculation to try get Saints to spill the beans.
I am confident that we have the right people in charge of this club we all love to make the best possible decision with ALL our picks tonight. They have worked their butts off and probably made many sacrifice's to come to the decisions they will make. So whoever we choose, please respect their position and have faith that they are choosing with our clubs best interest at heart.
Hope everybody enjoys the next exciting phase of Saints football post 7am tonight.

I had this image last night of jake lever falling to pick 21, is that possable?!?

Would be possible, not likely though.

Goddard, Weller or Lever at pk 21 would be brilliant.

Just at the airport. Saw few players. Caleb Marchbank good size, Darcy Moore's head had to be checked in as baggage. **** me he's 199cm, his forehead is half of that.
Look forward to see him featuring on the falcon segment each week!

Thankyou. In my honest opinion, if lachie weller was as physically developed at this stage as say christian petracca and had the exposure of being in melbourne he would be a solid top 3 candidate. If we got him at 21 that would be steal of the draft. Massive fan

I'm saying Neal bullen, Blakely, mckenzies just so I don't get disapointed. I would be ecstatic if we got one of those

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pk 1 has the 'rockstar' treatment associated with it, but really it's in pk 21 & 22 where we can make it or break it with this draft.

Kinda like a 'forest & trees' viewpoint.

If we walk away with 3 great picks with our first 3, like we all believe we did last year, we will have had a more than solid draft.

Get a beauty with Pk 41, that becomes the cream and nail it with pk 1 in the RD is the little star on top of the xmas tree. ;)

Its about the sum of all parts!

#pumped

:cool:

:DHappy Draft Day BF family!
As I have posted previously, I really don't think anyone but the 5 Saints staff know which way we will go. All this McCartin stuff is just speculation to try get Saints to spill the beans.
I am confident that we have the right people in charge of this club we all love to make the best possible decision with ALL our picks tonight. They have worked their butts off and probably made many sacrifice's to come to the decisions they will make. So whoever we choose, please respect their position and have faith that they are choosing with our clubs best interest at heart.
Hope everybody enjoys the next exciting phase of Saints football post 7am tonight.
:cool:

Agree with you on reflection of where club is at happy to support the club fully on their picks

McCartin is probably a great young kid and will b a real beauty, but does anyone else think he has got a head other players will want to punch?

(Notice I said other players, not me, the kid would put me on my arse with a slap I reckon)
If he ends up having the looks and ability of Roughy I'd be pretty happy

ROUGHEAD-Jarryd_detail.jpg

I heard someone compare McCartin with Roughy (not just the gap tooth) yesterday. Makes me feel a bit better about not getting Petracca.
Seem similar in personality, laid back country lads. Like Kosi as someone else also said. I think we have the swans no dickhead policy thinking about our players.

In an article, Richardson stated that you need to pay big for a quality FF and this is the best way to get one (obviously Boyd and Franklin has spooked the industry)

Isn't the flaw in this logic that is if McCartin is any good he can not renew after two years and go to a club with a lazy mill a year to offer him?

I think it is not a thought through argument. We put two years development into McCartin,

WCE for example offer him a mill for 7 years, we cant match it, they pick him up as a DFAor even through PSD.

We are again down on a quality FF and don't have Petracca either.

I don't buy it.

McCartin is probably a great young kid and will b a real beauty, but does anyone else think he has got a head other players will want to punch?

(Notice I said other players, not me, the kid would put me on my arse with a slap I reckon)

He's a Colac Adonis!

In an article, Richardson stated that you need to pay big for a quality FF and this is the best way to get one (obviously Boyd and Franklin has spooked the industry)

Isn't the flaw in this logic that is if McCartin is any good he can not renew after two years and go to a club with a lazy mill a year to offer him?

I think it is not a thought through argument. We put two years development into McCartin,

WCE for example offer him a mill for 7 years, we cant match it, they pick him up as a DFAor even through PSD.

We are again down on a quality FF and don't have Petracca either.

I don't buy it.
which article? never heard or read him say that it was the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back