2015 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomic takes the first set 6-4, Thansai played better early on but had a loose game to get broken at 4-4 before Bernie turned it up a level to serve it out. Bernie is still too passive for my liking at times.

First set to Bernie 6-4. Thanasi looked a bit flat in those last two games, was broken and then Bernie won his service game to love to take out the set, hope he's not feeling sick again like the last match.

Wish I was home watching this match. I am sure Kokkinakis is learning a bit whilst teaming up with Muz in the dubs this week. Personally I prefer the Miami tournament a little bit more than this, especially the night matches, has that latin feel about it.

I am scoreboarding at work and I really hate the Indian Wells scoreboard, I can't tell who is serving.

In the women I am hoping Pennetta can back up and win the title again, really happy she took out Sharapova.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid play from Bernie in the 3rd with Kokkanksis level dropping slighly but Tomic doing what he needed to do. Kokkanksis may win the next time they play but Bernie continuing his great start to the year.

Nearing a new career high rank after being in the 120s post-Wimbledon last year. You could tell he wanted this match badly.

10th at the moment in the live ATP Race Rankings. Only 3 months in and no doubt he will drop a few places during the clay court season but it's still impressive given the 9 players currently ahead of him are also the top 9 in the rankings.

TBH, I don't think Djokovic will get past Isner today. The court and conditions are set up perfectly for a big server to win this tournament.

Seppi at the net after his loss: "It's so difficult to play here"... to which Fed agreed, "It's incredible, I'm struggling too."

Says a lot, really.

So the quarter final between Tomic and Djokovic is tomorrow, starting around 1pm our time according to my calculations. Hopefully will be able to catch a bit of it. Not sure Bernie can win this one though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back