Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

fairly sure 2014 would be the worst i can recall in recent times
I remember specificlly commentators at the time saying that the 2015 year would be the worst draft of the previous 15 years,,

2014 always had lots of Key position players unfortunately in hindsight most were never that good

Durdin, McCartin, Lever, Wright

I remember specificlly commentators at the time saying that the 2015 year would be the worst draft of the previous 15 years,,

2014 always had lots of Key position players unfortunately in hindsight most were never that good

Lever cops a bad wrap but he's pretty good as a 3rd tall. Just not suited to taking the #1 or 2 forward. Wright is one I think can get to that 30-40 goal, 10-15 hit out/game forward/ruck in a good side. I hope Essendon are into him this off season (not implying we're a good side. Just hope we are).

Not a bad draft considereding the consesus at the time was worst draft of all time

KPPs have saved it. You can see why people had that opinion when you consider Oliver came from the clouds to a top 5 pick. Parish, Hopper, Ah Chee, Milera and Rioli is a weak Group of mids for the top 15 of a draft.

Absolutely not. He's bog average. Gets totally exposed one on one and has a turning circle that makes Ben Rutten look like a ballet dancer.

If that’s your opinion, you should watch more football because both of those are factually incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the one on one comment was odd. Took quite a few games this year before he lost a one on one contest.

As much as the immmaturity of each of us in these threads, acknowledging good footballers should not go astray. Weitering is firmly in contention for the FB/CHB position in the All Australian team let alone the 22under22 some seem lost on him being eligible for.

Two guys who can't get a game, a retiree and an...AA squad intercepting defender? He's coming off two knee recos and is playing pretty well, give him a break.

14 has Petracca, Andrews, Moore, De Goey, Lever, Heeney, Steele, Millar, Maynard, Saad, Daniel, Butler that have AA claims going forward.

I think the top end 14 is better.
15 - Weitering, Oliver, McKay, Doedee, Gresham, Dunkley, Menegola, Papley, Mills,
yeah fair point
Been a few from 2015 really drop off.

Our best have really dropped off.
Parish, though mostly misused, does not justify his pick. We really need to keep him at the coalface with the way he hunts the ball and picks it up off the deck
Francis nowhere near the talent he promised
Redman well off his 2019 form
Not sure Tippa has played a good game this year. patches here and there at best.

Two guys who can't get a game, a retiree and an...AA squad intercepting defender? He's coming off two knee recos and is playing pretty well, give him a break.
Sorry I think you miss interpreted my post I wasn’t dating lever wasn’t good. I was saying those were the 4 who were considered the top 4 KPPs and that’s why the draft was considered strong, in hindsight only one ended up being any good

Parish was very good yesterday
Essendon have been k on the d with the new rule changes.

Everyone knows they’ve been sorely lacking grunt, size and strength on the inside for years, but they have the small and nippy types like Merrett, McGrath and Parish who are much better suited to this quicker, more open and much less stoppage oriented game
that the new rules have created this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows they’ve been sorely lacking grunt, size and strength on the inside for years, but they have the small and nippy types like Merrett, McGrath and Parish who are much better suited to this quicker, more open and much less stoppage oriented game
They lost by 10 goals last week. I don't think they've benefitted all too much.

None of our mids are actually that quick. They just look it, they pump their little legs quickly but do not cover ground. Good for lateral changes not that good for overlap running.

Taking yesterday's loss when you expected an easy win pretty hard huh?

Parish who had 10 clearances yesterday and destroyed your midfield (except Steele who was great) is better outside the stoppages?

Keep it in your pants, it's round 3
"Could" "Still a long way to go"

Who knew Don's fans were so illiterate?

Here's the facts, Harry is third on the goal kicking table despite his team winning only one game.

Only Walker and Bruce are ahead of him and it would take a brave man to pick one of those two to kick enough goals to win the award.

Harry wouldn't be the favourite, but it certainly could happen.

Are Dons fans so upset because they had two chances at Harry and went with Parish and Francis instead?

Here's the facts, Harry is third on the goal kicking table despite his team winning only one game.

Only Walker and Bruce are ahead of him and it would take a brave man to pick one of those two to kick enough goals to win the award.

Are Dons fans so upset because they had two chances at Harry and went with Parish and Francis instead?

There's zero need to turn this conversation back to Essendon and play the man.

I literally made a joke about keeping a lid on it as it's literally round 3 haha. Chill dude

Wow.

Touchy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back