11. North Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Brisbane
14. Gold Coast
15. Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Essendon

I think you might want to prepare yourself for some firey comments. Mainly from fremantle supporters. Are they on the same amount of wins as brisbane and only percentage separating the two?

Yep - I reckon most people would have more luck picking lotto numbers. Nobody knows which teams will cop injuries to key personnel, or which teams will win the close games - plus several other determining factors. But I'm quietly confident it'll be a very competitive season, with plenty of close matches.

One thing I'm certain about - I'm sick of the cricket, and can't wait for the footy to start!!!

I don't think anyone really can make any close predictions till at least rds 6-8, nobody knows who's game plan will change successfully or how new players will fit into the teams. At this stage of the year 95% of people's predictions are just wrong and the other 5% end up as luvky guesses... but it's offseason, we all need something to abuse each other for.

1. Sydney
2. West Coast
3. Geelong
4. Port Adelaide
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Collingwood
7. Hawthorn
8. GWS
9. Richmond
10. Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Brisbane
14. Gold Coast
15. Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Essendon
Why would the Swans finish that high and why would the Hawks drop so much?

1. Sydney
2. West Coast
3. Geelong
4. Port Adelaide
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Collingwood
7. Hawthorn
8. GWS
9. Richmond
10. Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Brisbane
14. Gold Coast
15. Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Essendon

And as if adelaide is above us... they don't have kerridge anymore so they can't beat us... carlton on the other hand

I don't think anyone really can make any close predictions till at least rds 6-8, nobody knows who's game plan will change successfully or how new players will fit into the teams. At this stage of the year 95% of people's predictions are just wrong and the other 5% end up as luvky guesses... but it's offseason, we all need something to abuse each other for.
That's a fair call. It's been the longest pre season I can remember - I'm normally fairly ho hum about the NAB Challenge, but this year I can't wait for it to start.

That's a fair call. It's been the longest pre season I can remember - I'm normally fairly ho hum about the NAB Challenge, but this year I can't wait for it to start.

Yeah i hear ya there, ive been watching so many games from last year just so there is footy in the background in my workshop... has eased my nerves slightly

1. West Coast
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Richmond
5. Hawthorn
6. GWS
7. Gold Coast
8. Geelong
9. North Melbourne
10. Adelaide
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Port Adelaide
13. Melbourne
14. Collingwood
15. Brisbane
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Essendon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both the Sliders and Predictions threads have become Adelaide/Port pissing contests. Its almost like everyone thinks one will make the finals and be dangerous and the other will not. They're not mutually exclusive finalists/failures :confused:
The 2 supporter bases are like the Israelis and Palestinians: we're always right, and you're always wrong :).

Round 2 at Adelaide Oval will be essential viewing!!!!!

Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Richmond
Hawthorn
West Coast
Geelong
Collingwood
Gold Coast

North Melbourne
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Sydney
Melbourne
St Kilda
Brisbane
Carlton
Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough that a lot of people have the Dogs sliding, but seems most who do, have us sliding 4 or 5 positions. Even if we do slide, i'd think we only slide a couple positions.

So were Brisbane, but people still put us in the bottom 2.

I think if they can stay fit Brisbane is going to do better than a lot of people predict.

I think teams that will go down the ladder will be North Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle and possible the Bulldogs. I expect GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne to all do better than they did in 2015.

Why are Gold Coast all of a sudden going from garbage to finals? fit Ablett?
Dixon and Bennell out. Ablett 31 now. Poor culture. I don't see it.

Fair enough that a lot of people have the Dogs sliding, but seems most who do, have us sliding 4 or 5 positions. Even if we do slide, i'd think we only slide a couple positions.

I agree completely. The lack of faith in the Dogs ability to improve further in 2016 from so many posters on this forum has me scratching my head. They have an excellent group of youngsters, many with good physical strength ( so important), good leadership, good coach and have a match plan perfectly suited to their home ground. They began developing a winning culture last year and had the invaluable experience of playing finals footy which should further assist in accelerating the development of their younger players. I can't see how the players wouldn't be approaching the season with a great deal of confidence and the self belief that they are capable of being highly competitive with any opponent. Of the clubs who finished below them last year ( and people are saying will go past them in 2016) the only one I am reasonably confident will do so is Geelong. I have no confidence in GC or GWS as genuine contenders and Port have plenty to prove this season. Apart from a red hot run through the 2014 finals series they have been far too flakey in their performances throughout the grind of the regular season the last three years to be considered a genuine top end club yet.

Well, now that the "no top ups" for Port, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne is revealed:

1. West Coast
2. Sydney
3. Richmond
4. Hawthorn
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Gold Coast
8. Collingwood
9. Adelaide
10. North Melbourne
11. GWS
12. Brisbane
13. Carlton
14. Essendon (they got top ups)
15. Western Bulldogs (didn't get top ups)
16. Melbourne (didn't get top ups)
17. St Kilda (didn't get top ups)
18. Port Adelaide (didn't get two top up players)

If you are a fan of Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, St Kilda or Port Adelaide and find where I put your team and my reasoning behind it ridiculous, it is probably because it is ridiculous. Not getting top ups is seriously not a big deal and I don't think it will harm you.

After reading through this thread...
The general consensus is that people think:

west coast, freo, hawthorn, sydney and geelong will make the 8.

and the other 3 spots will go to either:

port, roos, tigers, dogs

with the pies, crows, gws outside chances.

Going to be very tight at the end. Footy can't come quick enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back