Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worse still, they're paying 500k for Mayne :drunk:

Whit3y would be proud of you with this effort.
He will be good for them. Mayne has always given 100% throughout his career and he will bring a great deal of leadership to the rooms. His football ability is not worth such money but he's going to be a solid investment in the long-term I reckon. Sometimes the guys who are not the most flashiest or brilliant give you more than what the pretty players can. Collingwood will have a dynamic forward line next season.

He will be good for them. Mayne has always given 100% throughout his career and he will bring a great deal of leadership to the rooms. His football ability is not worth such money but he's going to be a solid investment in the long-term I reckon. Sometimes the guys who are not the most flashiest or brilliant give you more than what the pretty players can. Collingwood will have a dynamic forward line next season.
Basically sums up Collingwood's Grand Final teams from 2002 and 2003.
Also sums up why they won whipping bugwinged * all.

If Vardy can get through the pre-season he'll be WCE's number one ruck in round 1.

Nah giles will be, vardy is an ordinary ruckman as is petrie. Vardy will probably squeeze into the 22 as the second ruck but thats about it.

no it doesn't. It sums up the fact they had to face arguably the greatest side in VFL/AFL history. It is like the Western Bulldogs of 2016 having to face Geelong of 2007.
The Lions were there for the taking in 2002 and they lacked that extra polish, that X factor player that gets them over the line.

Instead they had players like Jarrod Molloy, Ryan Lonie and Steve McKee :$

Possibly, I guess we'll find out. Looked cooked at Freo but some players do thrive with a fresh start. Collingwood's Achilles heel will be the defence though. Looks weak.

The problem is that the salary offered to Mayne fetched an early 20's pick (turned into Hill) but Franklin was only p19. That inequitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Only in Perth iirc next season.
Still a chance for a big win, just not as big a win.

Possibly, I guess we'll find out. Looked cooked at Freo but some players do thrive with a fresh start. Collingwood's Achilles heel will be the defence though. Looks weak.

The problem is that the salary offered to Mayne fetched an early 20's pick (turned into Hill) but Franklin was only p19. That inequitable.

Was surprised they didn't go for Brown from WCE. Was there question marks over him?

The Lions were there for the taking in 2002 and they lacked that extra polish, that X factor player that gets them over the line.

Instead they had players like Jarrod Molloy, Ryan Lonie and Steve McKee :$
I personally disagree with your view of the Lions being there for the taking as I reckon the Lions would have just matched them had Collingwood got their noses in front. This is a team that went to four grand finals in a row and won three on the trot so their resume speaks for itself. They were also a very physical team, and it was often that side of their game which got them over the line as opposed to x factor qualities. Collingwood of 2016/2017, to my eyes only, they appear to have a very good mixture of toughness and x factor about them. Sidebottom, Elliott, Fasolo are flashy types but the likes of Grundy, Adams, Treloar and Pendlebury in the middle of the ground are certainly a lot more physical than the sum of our midfield pieces combined.

Just something to lighten up the day :p:
Daniel Wells has hit the ground running at Collingwood, with reports emerging that the 31-year-old blitzed his first rehab session at his new home, leaving several younger players among the group flabbergasted.

“The moment they wheeled him in here you could tell, this bloke’s been around the block,” said injured defender Ben Reid.

“The way he nailed the isometric stretching on the exercise ball was elite, not to mention his sublime work in the pool. He’s as good as anyone I’ve seen come through here.”

BT set to be announced as Cometti's replacement.

Basil to take over from BT on Saturday Night Footy.

May god have mercy on us all. That's beyond depressing.

OMG......all we need to hear now is Duane Russell has been given all Geelong's games...:eek::eek::'(:'(.....Can you imagine Duane and Basil together? :drunk::drunk::drunk::huh:

OMG......all we need to hear now is Duane Russell has been given all Geelong's games...:eek::eek::'(:'(.....Can you imagine Duane and Basil together? :drunk::drunk::drunk::huh:
One can make the most closest most exciting game feel like a 10 goal thrashing.
The other with 10 goal margin half way through the last qr thinks we're in for a heart stopping finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back