Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else getting sick and tired of the constant Essendon stories that the AFL media keep pumping out daily?
Do they think that the public can't see what they are doing?

Which show lasted longer after jumping the shark? The footy show or the Simpsons. Both jumped it in the late nineties. How are they still going? Who is watching them?

Don't mind the Simpsons myself. At least the show focuses on the Simpson family. When was the last time the Footy Show actually focused on football?

Don't mind the Simpsons myself. At least the show focuses on the Simpson family. When was the last time the Footy Show actually focused on football?
+1. It's not as funny as it was, but it still entertains me. And me 7 and 4 year old can watch it so it's one of the only shows we all watch. Hell I'd rather watch the simpsons than any of the rubbish on Nickelodeon

Neither have any value imo.
Yep. Simpsons should have stopped at the movie. Even the few seasons before that were pretty crap.
Got my kids watching the older ones now and it's awesome watching those ones again.
Footy show has been unbelievably crap for at least 10 years. Probably the shittest show on TV.

Yep. Simpsons should have stopped at the movie. Even the few seasons before that were pretty crap.
Got my kids watching the older ones now and it's awesome watching those ones again.
Footy show has been unbelievably crap for at least 10 years. Probably the shittest show on TV.

Seasons 3-9 are the golden years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15267733_1159809534144464_228606659972684834_n.jpg

Yep.Yep.Yep.

I some time wonder how life for this poor lost soul would have played out had his father played 100 games for the Cats and Ben had decided to play for Geelong rather than the Eagles.
This is the most tragic of stories.
7078c291b96e444ce87002e2ef4afefe

‘Homeless’ Cousins living on shoestring

FALLEN AFL star Ben Cousins has revealed he’s lost his entire fortune and is living out of a backpack during an exclusive interview.

I some time wonder how life for this poor lost soul would have played out had his father played 100 games for the Cats and Ben had decided to play for Geelong rather than the Eagles.

FALLEN AFL star Ben Cousins has revealed he’s lost his entire fortune and is living out of a backpack during an exclusive interview.

Tragic for his family, no sympathy for Ben himself. Cant imagine what his parents have gone through trying to save him only for it to fail over and over again.

I think Ben was eligible to play for Geelong before they changed the father/son rule to 100 games, But he didn't want to leave Perth.

Imagine the Cat's midfield if Cousins did play during our golden era,What an epic midfield if would have been.

Looks as though he is at rock bottom, sometimes that's what it takes for someone to turn their life around.
I hope he does, for himself, the Cousins family, but most of all for his young children.

I dont want to start a gender war, but just inviting BF female users to join a thread to discuss anything and every thing. Men are of course are not banned, but the world is a mans thread so just offering an option for those who are interested

Cousins may be out on the streets but he has contacts. At some point in time (when he realizes death is just around the corner) he can get a foot in the door where others in his same position would not do so and this is why in 10-15 years time, we will read of Ben Cousins and how he changed his life and is living happily ever after. Even right now, all he has to do is make a phone call to one of those news channels and they will hand him a large wad of cash for him to tell them his sob story. May not be as much money as what he got years ago, but I can bet a lot of people would still tune in to watch an interview. What he does with that payment is the issue of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back