List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Jaska

STRENGTHS:
Aerial ability, one-on-one, spoiling
IMPROVEMENTS: Speed, agility, endurance

SUMMARY: Josh Jaska is another tall raw prospect who came from the Northern Territory and joined the Geelong Falcons as a 19 year-old. He played a a key defender and was rarely beaten, matching up well on stronger opponents one-on-one, beating them in the air and being a proficient spoiler. Jaska needs to improve his speed, agility and endurance, but his defensive qualities might earn him a rookie spot on an AFL list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holman is an excellent pick. Deserves his chance. One of the hardest players you'll ever see.

Just watched a 5 mins highlight package of Holman - he goes as at least as hard as David Swallow, runs hard with intent (not overly fast), disposal is meh

Still no forwards. wouldn't want any injuries to our forwards, big or small. already going to be playing guys out of position as a makeshift forward line in the NEAFL.
Seriously... go down the list and try to identify 12 forwards. (guys that if asked what position they prefer to play would answer with FF, CHF, FP or HFF, not 'Mid but i can play forward too'.)

Ainsworth
Day?
Young? (does he think he's a mid?)
Lynch
Lemmens
Wright
Ah Chee

(and you wonder why Lemmens got a game all year last year...)

Rivalling Collingwood's bid for first team to make a side out of exclusively midfielders.

We look to be going down the path of full blown rebuild.
None of them rookie picks will help us keep T.Lynch in 2019
Maybe the club already knows something we dont?
if you are being realistic, no draft player (national/rookie/preseason) should be walking into rd1 teams. the cattle in the system, plus developed players you trade for are where your improvement/performance has to come from. shouldnt expect any draftee from 2017 to be a regular in the team till 2019, if they are before that great, but they'd be the exception not the rule (regardless of how many 'ready to play now' comments you read.)

On the Lynch thing, if he plays like 2017 T.Lynch in 2018 I'd be taking the 2 first rounders and running! I'm not yet convinced that he's mandatory for future success, though would have been much easier to stomach getting rid of him if we weren't already short of forwards.

Nicholas HOLMAN
2017 SANFL (Central District)

Totals
  • 20 games
  • 19 goals
  • 16 behinds
  • 15 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.0 kicks
  • 15.4 handballs
  • 26.4 disposals
  • 4.4 marks
  • 6.4 tackles
  • 0.8 hitouts
  • 3.2 inside 50s
  • 1.0 rebound 50s
  • 1.6 frees for
  • 1.6 frees against
  • 106.30 Dream Team points

if you are being realistic, no draft player (national/rookie/preseason) should be walking into rd1 teams. the cattle in the system, plus developed players you trade for are where your improvement/performance has to come from. shouldnt expect any draftee from 2017 to be a regular in the team till 2019, if they are before that great, but they'd be the exception not the rule (regardless of how many 'ready to play now' comments you read.)

On the Lynch thing, if he plays like 2017 T.Lynch in 2018 I'd be taking the 2 first rounders and running! I'm not yet convinced that he's mandatory for future success, though would have been much easier to stomach getting rid of him if we weren't already short of forwards.

What i was meaning is.
You have a pick 2 in any draft..
Draft the best available.

Pick the WAFL/SANFL/VFL Best n fairests or close to..

Pick up another Saad or matty priddis.

a 19 yr old 74kg project key defender..

Meh.
Opportunity lost.

What i was meaning is.
You have a pick 2 in any draft..
Draft the best available.

Pick the WAFL/SANFL/VFL Best n fairests or close to..

Pick up another Saad or matty priddis.

a 19 yr old 74kg project key defender..

Meh.
Opportunity lost.
Dont know about the SNAFL and VFL but the best three in the WAFL all went in the National Draft...

Holman is a great pick up. Highlights of that Jaska kid look really good too. Overall happy. Big body mature inside mid and a project key back is what I wanted.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back