Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 5 gone so far that leaves Buckley Gorringe Thomas Simpson Graham Boekhurst Casboult in the yet to be decided group on the Senior List

G-Mac Sheehan Gallucci from the Rookie List

Of these I reckon Gorringe, Sheehan, Galluci will be gone this week
Graham and Simpson will get a contract
Thomas will be offered a year
Buckley and Boekhorst will depend on trade week / salary cap
Casboult - contract on table - if he gets a better offer, bye bye
Smedts?????????

Smedts?????????

Smedts will be interesting. IMO not up to it. I would have had Graham in the wait until trade week bracket myself. Thanks for all the info ep. Greatly appreciated :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Interesting that Andrew McKay in his injury report lists all the players that will be right for preseason, but says Buckley after minor knee surgery will be "Back on his feet before you know it".
No surprises here, but another indication that he won't be offered another contract.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How desperately do we think we'll need that list spot? Or are we so far under the cap this is a way to get above 95% by having an early payout?

I read it as it's another sign that SOS will be aggressive again in regenerating our list. It's great to see that if they don't think someone is up to it see you later. Looks to me we are well on our way to another 10 plus changes whilst keeping some depth/role players around

Smedts?????????

so we are looking at between 8-12 changes :)

Simple. View is he is unmotivated. Silver spoon. Sadly, talented but a bit of a floater

It's funny how we see those who aren't motivated as 'wasting' their talent. The mental side of the game is as big a 'talent' as being tall or fast or strong. KJ hasn't wasted his talent, he simply isn't talented enough to make it...suppose the sad thing is that you can't control how tall you are but you can control how hard you work. I feel sorry for kids like him - its a long, long career staring at a keyboard 9-5 (and beyond). Wonder if he'll ever regret the outcome.

It's funny how we see those who aren't motivated as 'wasting' their talent. The mental side of the game is as big a 'talent' as being tall or fast or strong. KJ hasn't wasted his talent, he simply isn't talented enough to make it

I think we put too much emphasis on a 17 year old's potential. Jaksch was a tall kid in a very ordinary draft for KPP and didn't exactly set the world on fire in his first two years - so Rogers was going on a feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you say that? Tuco is the real hero of the film and gets the best lines.
tuco_in_graveyard.jpg

Not sure what's wrong. Palmer is signed for 2018 but will be paid out

I heard that on at least one occasion Palmer was a bit dishonest as to why he had to miss a session(s) and may have been openly deceitful to important people. When I heard this I got the impression that he wasn't very aware or didn't really care about external eyes.

I heard that on at least one occasion Palmer was a bit dishonest as to why he had to miss a session(s) and may have been openly deceitful to important people. When I heard this I got the impression that he wasn't very aware or didn't really care about external eyes.

Thanks for the info - gives some context to the enigma of how someone can be signed to a 2 year contract extension, play in a preliminary final, get traded and only manage 1 appearance for a bottom 3 side.

It's been suggested in the Bluemour thread that Buckley is in the box seat for a spot if we have a spot on our list after everything is said and done.

I simply don't understand this at all. He's not even a very good VFL player. Nick Graham is a very good VFL player. Nick might scrape through with a spot. Surely Buckley is done.

It's been suggested in the Bluemour thread that Buckley is in the box seat for a spot if we have a spot on our list after everything is said and done.

I simply don't understand this at all. He's not even a very good VFL player. Nick Graham is a very good VFL player. Nick might scrape through with a spot. Surely Buckley is done.

I agree. I just think SOS is hedging his bets. Ideally he will want to bring in more young talent but it depends upon what he can swing during trade week. Happened last year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back