News 2018 Alternate Guernsey - we get to decide ...sort of

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a big fan myself.

I actually would have preferred 3 completely new designs to choose from rather than the 90's one, a sort of heritage one and the one new design (which i personally didnt like)

I voted for the 90's one but only because it felt familiar

Amateur hour.
Yep. Why have a vote when that vote isn't member exclusive and any idiot can lodge a vote? Also where is the choice to not have an "Alternative Strip"? After all don't we already have 2 strips? Why the need for a third? The way that teams are fricking around with their jumpers these days is sickening. And its all for the almighty $$$$. :stern look

Yep. Why have a vote when that vote isn't member exclusive and any idiot can lodge a vote? Also where is the choice to not have an "Alternative Strip"? After all don't we already have 2 strips? Why the need for a third? The way that teams are fricking around with their jumpers these days is sickening. And its all for the almighty $$$$. :stern look
I'll stand corrected, but someone told me the other day that the Canberra Raiders will wear nine different strips in 2017. Nine. The rush for alternative strips in NRL has actually made teams less recognisable, not more

Like the 90's one was ever going to win. The club spent a fortune drawing half a Kangaroo. It would gave been a massive faux pas if the basic emblem from the 90's got up. Pointless.

At least now youre jumper will fit in with all the other clubs sh*t alternative strips, would have been weird seeing one that acutally looked good
Still not in Hawthorn's league for shitness.

If I ever see anyone wearing this jumper they're going to cop the old fork in the eye.

C6Pr6oiXEAELEy_.jpg:large

I'll stand corrected, but someone told me the other day that the Canberra Raiders will wear nine different strips in 2017. Nine. The rush for alternative strips in NRL has actually made teams less recognisable, not more
Try teaching a pre-schooler the teams theses days. Impossible.
I thought you guys have it made with the inverse - simple Collingwood / Tigers style like Hawks should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I ever see anyone wearing this jumper they're going to cop the old fork in the eye.

C6Pr6oiXEAELEy_.jpg:large
Get ready for it because I'm buying it!

I definitely think the poll was rigged. I don't care because we all bought the 1996 jumper last year, so people may be less likely to buy the 90s jumper = less money for the club. Jumper 2 is new and more people will buy it = good for the club.

Our (traditional) home Guernsey (with blue shorts/socks) should have been worn on Sunday.

AFL say we can as no clash with Swans regardless what we wear?

I like the predominantly blue strip over mostly white to fulfil (hypocritical) "AFL rules" to be home............but surely we try and wear our best outfit and home jumper at home when we can?

Disappointing.

Last edited:
The nrl have no tradition in their guernsey. Unless two guernseys are near identical, alternative strips are ridiculous in the nrl. One team is on one side of the paddock with the ball and the active players are behind the ball carrier, and the other team is on the other side of the paddock trying to stop them.

Not saying I necessarily hate the choice, but the vote never should have been public. The amount of comments I read that people were going to troll the poll definitely contributed to the result.

Not saying I necessarily hate the choice, but the vote never should have been public. The amount of comments I read that people were going to troll the poll definitely contributed to the result.

The whole thing is crap. Look at what the votes were at one stage:

IMG_4251.PNG

The whole thing is crap. Look at what the votes were at one stage:

View attachment 371827
Yeah I saw that, but from memory that was the first day, when a couple of votes could have literally swung the % a couple of points.

It was also before FOX etc put it up on their facebook pages and the trolls got to it.

Yeah I saw that, but from memory that was the first day, when a couple of votes could have literally swung the % a couple of points.

It was also before FOX etc put it up on their facebook pages and the trolls got to it.

It was also before we found out the kangaroo on the second one would be very nearly invisible.

Imagine watching a North game next year when we are wearing our all new alternative V guernsey with a friend from the US :unitedstates:for instance.
When at the height of excitement most likely it'll be against the pies when Marley pulls Pendles down with the perfect tackle & you let slip the old traditional North cheer of "go you mighty blue V's".
What would their reply be you think? Gee you haussies really love rooting for your frozen ladies private parts don't you:rolleyes:
Blue V it's just not us I don"t like it, might as well add some sleeves & pull on a Canterbury Bulldogs top.
White V on Blue ok I get that it's our original VFL guernsey.
One last bitch what's with the vertical stripes on the back it's pretty much the same as our current away strip anyway, WHY I ask you?

I don't mind it either but if that's how it went down the club dropped the ball big time with this count.

They should really do a members recount, amazing it wasn't done this way in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back