List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supposed to be offering around the 600k

That’s good coin no wonder he wants out

To much imo

I have seen them use the term “up to”, which must mean they really have NFI?

Edit “I THINK his offer is 4 years and UP TO $600k”

Or jack Kennedy Parker all on 800k as reported
Reid on big money
Tippett still being paid
And buddy

And we dumped hanners to keep Lloyd and aliir

Tippet is not still being paid. We settled on his contract when he retired last year.

There is a difference between being physically paid and having to include an amount in the salary cap.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tippet is not still being paid. We settled on his contract when he retired last year.

There is a difference between being physically paid and having to include an amount in the salary cap.

He got a payout negotiated and it was Included in the cap this year and many believe next year as he had 3 full years to go

He was physically paid the money

They afford both because they cleared out space by only signing their better plays to single year deals - and then letting them go. mitchell, sewell, hodge, lewis, roughhead gibson etc.

their list management has worked because their older players have kept their form apart from maybe frawley.

However it’s starting to look like Geelong, they are going to fall off a cliff very soon.

Clarkson wants one more premiership and will then walk away with the club in a shambles list wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Tippett was fully paid out in 2018 and he himself carries no balance into 2019.

However, the overspend on Tippett will need to be made up within the next two seasons (that is my reading of this).

A NEW TPP BANKING MECHANISM
• Introduce a new TPP banking mechanism that allows Clubs to spend over 100% of the TPP and ASA limits (combined limit), if in any of the preceding two years the Club spent below 100% of the combined limit
• The permitted amount of overspend is commensurate with the level of underspend in the relevant preceding period - for instance, if a Club was $500k below the combined limit in 2015, they can spend up to $500k over the combined limits across 2016 and 2017
• The overspend amount in any given year permits a Club to spend up to a maximum of 105% of the combined limit in that year
• This mechanism is effective from season 2015 (as such any underspends in 2013 and/or 2014 can be recovered in 2015)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/afl-statement-competitive-balance-policy

I suspect Tippett was fully paid out in 2018 and he himself carries no balance into 2019.

However, the overspend on Tippett will need to be made up within the next two seasons (that is my reading of this).

A NEW TPP BANKING MECHANISM
• Introduce a new TPP banking mechanism that allows Clubs to spend over 100% of the TPP and ASA limits (combined limit), if in any of the preceding two years the Club spent below 100% of the combined limit
• The permitted amount of overspend is commensurate with the level of underspend in the relevant preceding period - for instance, if a Club was $500k below the combined limit in 2015, they can spend up to $500k over the combined limits across 2016 and 2017
• The overspend amount in any given year permits a Club to spend up to a maximum of 105% of the combined limit in that year
• This mechanism is effective from season 2015 (as such any underspends in 2013 and/or 2014 can be recovered in 2015)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/afl-statement-competitive-balance-policy

Hope so

Find out soon when lists finalised

This is the first time in a long time that we have areas concern in all parts of the ground. Next year McVeigh and Grundy will go, which leaves an immense hole in the backline which, imo, looks shaky at times. The forward line, without Reid, was obviously poor this year, however, I admit that may be fixed partly by Sinclair up there. But the midfield is the massive concern and I can't see how we can procure a quick fix.

...and Smith will go.

Mate Buddy could be 37 years old and if not carrying injury to more than 3 parts of his body and he would still be the best player in the game. The Man is a freak. Get a bit of luck on the poor bastards side next year with injury and used properly he is unstoppable.
I wish the coaches would rest him more often. He's often playing with injuries, as are most players, to help extend his career.

Hawthorn have offered Chad Wingard $625k. We were paying Hannebery $800k.

Next time someone asks why we have salary cap troubles, just bump this post

Nice re-write of history. Hanners was worth every bit of that $800k when he signed back at the end of 2016 as a multiple All Australian at the peak of his career at 25.

Wingard is heading to the Hawks after a couple of poor seasons and an attitude problem.

Nice try, go again.

Haha I only posted a few times, though detailed! I work very autonomously (my boss is in Sydney 10 hours away) in sales and thus have a lot of flexibility with my time...

I was driving along working it all through in my head and then was early for an appointment so wrote the post up in about 5 mins (after mulling over it on the way to said appointment). I had to make a few corrections due to my haste!

Sales/relationship management/strategy/negotiations (creating value and opportunity) is what I do at work and thus this kind of analysis kind of comes natural to me.
Wow. You must be pretty switched on and a good multitasker to remember all those picks and permutations.

Haha I only posted a few times, though detailed! I work very autonomously (my boss is in Sydney 10 hours away) in sales and thus have a lot of flexibility with my time...

I was driving along working it all through in my head and then was early for an appointment so wrote the post up in about 5 mins (after mulling over it on the way to said appointment). I had to make a few corrections due to my haste!

Sales/relationship management/strategy/negotiations (creating value and opportunity) is what I do at work and thus this kind of analysis kind of comes natural to me.
Wow. You must be pretty switched on and a good multitasker to remember all those picks and permutations.

people here were laughing when i told them earlier this year that we were in the middle of a rebuild and no where near a premiership. It's about time we opened our eyes and accept where we are instead of hoping for a miracle. As crap as this trade period has been our youngsters fill me with optimism.

Could not agree more, we have been in a transition phase for the last 3 years. What is surprising that we have managed to maintain our standard and not drop off during this period.

Our total list overhaul is almost complete with the flushing out of salary this year. Next year we will go hunting for some real quality to top it off and drive this very talented young group forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back