List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na, not at all Masey, he’d have it all over that whinging SMC! He wouldn’t chase and tackle ‘cos he’d sooking ‘cos nobody would kick it to him.

When I was 9 in my first season following footy, SMC was my favourite player lol

In theory yes but horse is hell bent on turning everyone into a midfielder. Menzel would be a genuine forward threat capable of kicking 40 goals

i hear this a lot and i don't agree with the sentiment. as much as i would like to see horse replaced rotating forwards and backs through the midfield is a competition wide trend. every club does it.

further, ronke was recruited as a midfielder, not a small forward. when he comes up to the midfield (usually from a high half forward role) he is there to create an outnumber and then scurry back to the forward line into the space. he doesn't actually start in the midfield.

papley does genuinely play midfield minutes and i think he does well.

i would actually like to see hayward eventually play in the midfield. i think he will excel there in the future but as with ronke when he runs through there now he is generally playing as a forward on a fly by mission.

Looks like we are facing 12 months of who are we spending war chest on next year....this place is going to explode. Cant wait for us to be linked with kelly and coniglio
I would love both, but will more than happy with 1. Coniglio a free agent will certainly be offered massive contracts from every club, will be favoured to head back to perth but surely wce cap is at bursting point. Freo probably has more space.

Kelly will be linked everywhere as well. Just hope halfway thru the year we hear that beautiful phrase "contract talks on hold until the end of the season"

Looks like we are facing 12 months of who are we spending war chest on next year....this place is going to explode. Cant wait for us to be linked with kelly and coniglio

We're just as likely to simply splash it all on re-signing or extending: Jones, Rampe, Cunners, Ollie, Hewett, Hayward, Ronke Papley, Sinkers etc...

Draft quality kids, then retain them until they're pushing to be a top 50 in the comp level player, or go back to the well.

I don't think we're into the whole big trade thing any more. Langdon style trades look to be more about we're likely to do. Replace experience with proven consistency to support what already works.

Could be twelve months of wasted lives speculating methinks.

We're just as likely to simply splash it all on re-signing or extending: Jones, Rampe, Cunners, Ollie, Hewett, Hayward, Ronke Papley, Sinkers etc...

Draft quality kids, then retain them until they're pushing to be a top 50 in the comp level player, or go back to the well.

I don't think we're into the whole big trade thing any more. Langdon style trades look to be more about we're likely to do. Replace experience with proven consistency to support what already works.

Could be twelve months of wasted lives speculating methinks.
Given the market we are in i think we are always on the lookout for a big name recruit

Given the market we are in i think we are always on the lookout for a big name recruit

Whilst true, almost any recruit from a marketing point of view is going to seem minor compared to Buddy. So whilst he is on the list, I am not sure we need to target big name marketable players.

I’d be looking for a player like a Kennedy who is sitting behind “star” midfielders in the pecking order but look to have that quality if given more responsibility.

Who misses out on extended gametime because Shiel and Beams have been recruited as examples.

I’d be looking for a player like a Kennedy who is sitting behind “star” midfielders in the pecking order but look to have that quality if given more responsibility.

There's a fellow called Ryan Clarke who we may be interested in. He looks ok.
My prediction is he will have an impact in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we have to wait a month for the draft?:think:

From a club perspective: Teams get the month to continue to interview players and get all their background checks done; narrow down their draft options as much as possible; do further research into players they might not have had the time or resources to follow during the season; statistical analysis, some of which is far deeper than you would expect; some clubs (I would think most) go the extra mile and create full plans, strategies and contingencies for the what-if nature of the draft; and I imagine with the new live trading they would be continuing to find any potential trade options as part of these plans.

I don't know much about the player perspective but I can't imagine they are just sitting around waiting either. Year 12 exams as Mase said for starters.

How about Keiran Lovell from Hawks. We talked to him before the draft.

Maybe he fits better with us!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

How about Keiran Lovell from Hawks. We talked to him before the draft.

Maybe he fits better with us!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Would be the shortest player on our list and competing with Papley and Ronke for a spot, and i think both of them are better than Lovell. If he hasn't made Hawks best 22, he won't make ours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back