Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

They and the two Sydney teams still seem like the most likely candidates to me, regardless of the Swans early season form.

I’ll wait till we get our pressure game up and running before I think we look like we’ll go deep in September.

We look ok but if we don’t increase our tackle pressure we’ll just be making up numbers.

In all fairness, Adelaide have been mediocre, and look vulnerable, Geelong have depth issues, Sydney look vulnerable without Franklin hitting big games.
GWS look a bit flat.
Port look vulnerable nearly losing to Brisbane at home

Some uncertain teams like West Coast.

But Richmond look robust, and resilient. They are up the top in a tight comp.
Yes we look pretty good in April.
Too much water to go under the bridge still. If we make top 4 again we will give it a good crack, but I wouldnt like our chances in a final at the SCG or AO.

On what planet is 93 points not a decent win? Do you watch much footy champ?

Obviously I'm talking about quality opposition. A spanking is a spanking no matter what, but it doesn't mean as much as a win over the good sides. Not saying I don't think Richmond will, they will beat good sides. But they haven't yet so I'm not buying into locking them into a GF in round 5...

Do you watch footy much... pal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only formidable team Richmond have played thus far was Adelaide in Adelaide and they got towelled up. I don't rate the win over Hawthorn with Buregoyne and Sicily out. Let's see how they go against some strong opposition before we start talking GFs. Like every team they also need some luck with injury. If they lost Martin, Rance or Nankervis they'd be cooked.

Port look vulnerable nearly losing to Brisbane at home
On a beautiful sun shining day after the big Sydney win without a recognized ruckman, the lions ruckman was able to spoon feed his mids all day long as evidenced by the clearance count at centre and around the ground and Port were still able to win.

But that does show the one vulnerability though in the rucks.

They and the two Sydney teams still seem like the most likely candidates to me, regardless of the Swans early season form.

3-1?

I wish our early season form was that bad.

Makes the Eagles premierships look more impressive.

Impressive because of the rules of the era. Finished 4th, beat 5th then had to travel to play 1st. Strange system the old final 6.

As much as I hate the AFL fixture and remember all the times we were stooged by the MCG rule in the 1990s the obsession with the MCG advantage today is bizarre. Geelong won 3 flags 2007-2011 playing every single final on the MCG and ever since one dumb decision by the AFL in 2013 having to play finals at the MCG is now a huge deal.

The only formidable team Richmond have played thus far was Adelaide in Adelaide and they got towelled up. I don't rate the win over Hawthorn with Buregoyne and Sicily out. Let's see how they go against some strong opposition before we start talking GFs. Like every team they also need some luck with injury. If they lost Martin, Rance or Nankervis they'd be cooked.

Yeah you’re right this Richmond team is completely unproven against quality opposition. I couldn’t picture them playing in a GF.

Nankervis was probably our worst player on ground today. Soldo's been killing it in the 2s. Rance has a back uo in Balta (Rance Mk2) and we had the luxury of playing Dusty as a forward today.

Port Adelaide will play the Tigers at the 'G in the last week of September. Port will embrace their own new stance for the Big day. Rarely seen since the days of the Village people. Side on to the opposition with the right hand on the right shoulder of the man in front and chin turned into the left shoulder to give the stare. Depending on what side they stand during the anthem, of course.

Richmond, comfortably.

Obviously I'm talking about quality opposition. A spanking is a spanking no matter what, but it doesn't mean as much as a win over the good sides. Not saying I don't think Richmond will, they will beat good sides. But they haven't yet so I'm not buying into locking them into a GF in round 5...

Do you watch footy much... pal?
The problem is that there isn't really much quality opposition around for the Tigers these days. We're that far ahead of the pack, er, pal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back