VFL 2021 VFL list changes & discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed TD. At least we’ll see him first hand and if we wish to give him a contract mid year we can go down that path.
If such a player was to really impress in the VFL for us next year it's not like we'd be able to just "claim" him and add him to our (AFL) list mid-season, we would have to try and get him in the (mid-season) rookie draft, and face the risk of another club taking him.

If such a player was to really impress in the VFL for us next year it's not like we'd be able to just "claim" him and add him to our (AFL) list mid-season, we would have to try and get him in the (mid-season) rookie draft, and face the risk of another club taking him.
Yes, the mid season rookie draft is what I was referring to. As TD said, it’s a shame we don’t have the right to him for playing with us in the VFL.

That’s the luck of the mid season rookie draft. We might rate someone totally different or not take anyone at all.

FWIW, I really liked Schreiber this year and thought he was unlucky not to at least get a rookie spot. If we had more room on our rookie list I think we would have taken him.

Why do all the Collingwood social media channels refer to Jesse Palmer as an ex-Northern Blues player rather than an ex-Port Adelaide AFL player? I would have thought playing for the Power is a much more impressive CV entry than playing for the Northern Blues?
Yeah you'd think so, but maybe to reflect his last club (abeit a vfl one) he played at?

Why do all the Collingwood social media channels refer to Jesse Palmer as an ex-Northern Blues player rather than an ex-Port Adelaide AFL player? I would have thought playing for the Power is a much more impressive CV entry than playing for the Northern Blues?

Because he played the last 1-2 Seasons at Northern Blues on there VFL List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back