2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Rain?

Image result for justin timberlake gif

Anybody at the ground, heading to or in the area that can confirm the actual current weather? The online info is about as reliable as Aus Federal election polls...
I just saw a live news report from the ground and everyone had their umbrellas up. It was pretty miserable. Definitely no first session by the looks of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly it's already raining heavily at Lord's. The forecast is pretty grim until about mid-afternoon, so already there might be some thoughts about tinkering with selection for a four-day Test.

Chances of any significant play today is pretty grim lads

Quite wet and dreary and not much breeze to blow it away

Hopefully it changes - yesterday was lovely
So is next week. Shame the weather gods are going to play a big part in this test match

Sadly it's already raining heavily at Lord's. The forecast is pretty grim until about mid-afternoon, so already there might be some thoughts about tinkering with selection for a four-day Test.
Would that increase the chances of Starc playing? A wicket-taking run-leaker might speed the game up. But would Australia want to take that risk, being ahead in the series already. Would Lyon get left out to accommodate (surely not, but if the pitch is not going beyond a third-day-alike, is the spinner required)?
edit: for the record, i wouldn't do either, but I can see the questions being asked

Annoying thing is they will try to make up lost overs at the end of the clear days but will lose them to bad light, it's obviously done that way to please the broadcasters just start an hour early and make up the freaking overs

That's why I'd go for Curran, plus it replaces the batting lost by dropping Ali.

Leach would be the spinner to replace Ali, averages mid 20's after a few tests and can bat!

Because for the last 5 days we've heard nothing but how great Starc is, how much Australia was missing Starc, what a shocking decision it was to drop Starc. Not just on Bigfooty but the NSW media were going crazy.

So it will be interesting to see if they ignore it. Whoever is playing against Australia in the tour game should make sure they treat him like McGrath, make him look good!
That could anyone in the Poms test side to be fair

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back