Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final chat - Richmond Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's true...Razor made the cut! This competition is losing credibility by the hour....

Ray Chamberlain, Matt Stevic and Shaun Ryan will umpire Saturday's grand final.
The AFL has confirmed Ryan will umpire his eighth grand final and Stevic his seventh, while Chamberlain has been called up for the first time since 2010 when he umpired both the drawn grand final and the replay.
Chamberlain and Ryan umpired the preliminary final between Richmond and Geelong while Stevic was one of the three field umpires in GWS' win over Collingwood.
Simon Meredith has been named as the emergency umpire.

Have your house on Richmond.

As we know from recent history Rayzor just LOOOOVES umpiring to the crowd and he'll have 60,000 Tugger supporters cheering him on this Saturday..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No elite competition hands out privileges to one or two teams so blatantly over the interest of others and then claims that it's a serious competition. Our club was left to fend for itself and took 20 years to make it's first finals appearance. GWS is a concoction without any history and, if truth be told, is no more than a wet dream for a tribe of narcissists wanting a legacy. The very same flogs that wanted to ship our club off to the Gold Coast. No guessing who I want to win.

No elite competition hands out privileges to one or two teams so blatantly over the interest of others and then claims that it's a serious competition. Our club was left to fend for itself and took 20 years to make it's first finals appearance. GWS is a concoction without any history and, if truth be told, is no more than a wet dream for a tribe of narcissists wanting a legacy. The very same flogs that wanted to ship our club off to the Gold Coast. No guessing who I want to win.

Oh but select few of Twitter told me how GWS were given any special treatment.

This post has left me torn on what to wish for.

Watch Richmond consolidate the position of a genuine modern power, looked after by the AFL and full of rabid fans who'll let me know at every step?

Or watch a completely doctored marketing experiment devalue the entire fabric of a 150+ year old body of sporting culture? But at least there'll be no one ever around to remind me of it. Tree falling in forest type stuff.

Credit to GWS though. Unlike the Maccas team, they haven’t squandered these leg ups and used them to their advantage.

Nah, can't stand the Tiggers and their self-obsessing army. I don't mind Houli, Grimes, Edwards, and Short as players and like their brand of footy, but watching Rance prancing around after the VFL grannie with his look-at-me chest bumps, there is no chance I could barrack for them on Saturday.

Don't really have an issue with GWS being the new kid on the block and would be happy to see JK walk away with the Norm Smith and a premiership medal.

But it's one of those Grand Finals with little invested and unless it is a cracker of a game or Mummy and Toby spill some Tiger blood, it will be forgotten by the next morning.

Cogs has ruled himself out.

Yeah, apparently it was a "huge sacrifice"

Never mind the bit about being unfit to play.

The contemporary level of blatant virtue manufacturing has reached epidemic proportions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back