List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beauty of this trade week and this particular set of trades is that I can literally go to any one of 126 pages and see exactly the same set of debates between exactly the same set of posters.

Wake up campers rise and shine
put your booties on because its cold out there
its cold out there everyday what is this miami beach...

The beauty of this trade week and this particular set of trades is that I can literally go to any one of 126 pages and see exactly the same set of debates between exactly the same set of posters.

Wake up campers rise and shine
put your booties on because its cold out there
its cold out there everyday what is this miami beach...
Dw trade period starts in 2 days, it'll be fine

It seems that Carlton has signed Eddie B for half a set of steak knives. Do we still think they would part with 9 for Paps? I has me doubts. Albeit they are quite different.

Someone made the comment previously (too lazy to go back and find it, so feel free to help me out !!) about JD prolonging Bud and the benefit he would bring to Bud as the No1 defender would be sent to Daniher, not to mention the freedom it would give Buddy to roam around. I hadn't really thought about that all that much and the more I do I am beginning to feel that the benefit he brings just might be worth two top 10 picks. If you stop thinking about Daniher as a single entity but what he actually allows up forward, he if he can get fit he brings a heap of value for some of the players who will be around him. If we get pick 9, yes I know we dont have it atm...I am starting to think the two picks are not as bad a deal as my initial reaction had it.

I certainly dont like the idea of involving a player going to the Bombers in the trade and I dont like the idea of giving Essendon anything of value to be frank given thy really have given up on JD demonstrated by not offering an extension. Still, I think if we are able to get the deal done for anything less than the 2 first rounders, we will be doing pretty well.

I have said a second rounder is probably fair for a busted player with potential that JD has, but in the event that JD doesn't come to the Swans for 5 and 24(?) who would we pick as a result of having these picks. If there is nothing in the draft we want or need in the next year pick 5 and 24 might be over valued for us and it might be best to use them on JD. That's also the case of pick 9 for Paps - its meaningless if there is nothing to spend it on.

Someone made the comment previously (too lazy to go back and find it, so feel free to help me out !!) about JD prolonging Bud and the benefit he would bring to Bud as the No1 defender would be sent to Daniher, not to mention the freedom it would give Buddy to roam around. I hadn't really thought about that all that much and the more I do I am beginning to feel that the benefit he brings just might be worth two top 10 picks. If you stop thinking about Daniher as a single entity but what he actually allows up forward, he if he can get fit he brings a heap of value for some of the players who will be around him. If we get pick 9, yes I know we dont have it atm...I am starting to think the two picks are not as bad a deal as my initial reaction had it.

I certainly dont like the idea of involving a player going to the Bombers in the trade and I dont like the idea of giving Essendon anything of value to be frank given thy really have given up on JD demonstrated by not offering an extension. Still, I think if we are able to get the deal done for anything less than the 2 first rounders, we will be doing pretty well.
Being saying it will prolong Buddy from the start
Imo it’s pretty obvious

Imo it’s pretty obvious
Legit just plunk one of them in the square and say "Don't leave 30ms out". The other as a higher link up.

I find it ridiculous that we're about to have Joe ******* Daniher playing for the club next year and a few people are trying to convince themselves that he isn't one of the rarest talents in the league.

Jeez, imagine if we had to trade for Buddy instead of him being a free agent, we would have read about how he was aging and past his 2008 best and couldn't take a contested mark and could barely kick goals from 60m these days, and the club would be better off drafting 3 half back flankers with high picks instead

It seems that Carlton has signed Eddie B for half a set of steak knives. Do we still think they would part with 9 for Paps? I has me doubts. Albeit they are quite different.

What has Eddie got left? I'm thinking they haven't signed him for his football as much as the romance of getting him back and the message that sends its fans. In my opinion I dont see it impacts any Papely offer at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo it’s pretty obvious
I have a pretty thick skull, it sometimes takes a bit longer to get through....

I find it ridiculous that we're about to have Joe ******* Daniher playing for the club next year and a few people are trying to convince themselves that he isn't one of the rarest talents in the league.

Jeez, imagine if we had to trade for Buddy instead of him being a free agent, we would have read about how he was aging and past his 2008 best and couldn't take a contested mark and could barely kick goals from 60m these days, and the club would be better off drafting 2 half back flankers with high picks instead
It's funny watching the reasoning as to why we shouldn't sign Joe just get more and more bizarre, while I, myself, am slowly becoming more comfortable with the idea of trading 5 + 9 (if we get it) for him. :$

Last edited:

Jeez, imagine if we had to trade for Buddy instead of him being a free agent, we would have read about how he was aging and past his 2008 best and couldn't take a contested mark and could barely kick goals from 60m these days, and the club would be better off drafting 3 half back flankers with high picks instead
If we offered 5+25 and Essendon said "we want that plus a player" which players would you be willing to give up?

On a serious note..if we are close to landing jd, we would have to seriously look at trading out someone like reid. With buddy, daniher and mccartin, seems like a waste to spend 600k approx on a player that isnt a necessity anymore.

It will b Mcartin if anyone I bet hate it to happen but he’s from vic and what ess need or maybe Florent as he has massive ties to vic

If we offered 5+25 and Essendon said "we want that plus a player" which players would you be willing to give up?
Most of the list who are not a proven key forward, an elite midfielder, or odds-on to become an elite midfielder.

Half back flankers and and "decent but not superstar youngsters" just are not in the same world of value as elite key forwards.

I'd name names but that would turn the thread into a shitfight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back