Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he'll either stay at Geelong or go to Freo.

I was watching last week, in all honesty, West Coast don't need him so won't be prepared to give up what he's worth, same as last season.

This group delusion that you guys have that an OUT OF CONTRACT player who nominates the club he wants to go to is somehow worth as much - if not more as a CONTRACTED player whos nominated which club he wants to to to is just gorgeously cute.

You had your chance at the best deal you were going to get while you still had the upper hand in negotiations.

Now you have No Hand. None. Zero. Nada. Nil. Handless.

B1BB1A68-402D-48D4-9222-D6A8065AE01F.jpeg

Tbh I don't believe that the Tiges are even gonna make the 8 now. Next week against Port will be the litmus test.
Why would next week against port be the litmus test? We will be without rance, cotchin, jack and most probably dusty for the first time since 2008. We’ll get another smacking next week however fixture gets a bit easier after that and we should hopefully get a few players back barring more injuries.

Why would next week against port be the litmus test? We will be without rance, cotchin, jack and most probably dusty for the first time since 2008. We’ll get another smacking next week.
Ok then the Tigers are screwed! Time to ditch the Dusty and get a real midfield tbh.

We are absolutely s**t though. The season will be gone by the time reiwoldt comes back and it will take a 2014 style winning streak to sneak into finals which ain't gonna happen again.
Jumping off far too early mate, we’re playing with a very inexperienced team at the moment. Get most of our team back in and we’re still one of the best going around. Not using injuries as an excuse but they are a reason. You think Cameron kicks 7 if one of grimes or rance was playing on the weekend? Geez we had 4 of our starting 6 backs out, that’s gonna take a toll.

Surely West Coast have to be the favourites? Followed by Geelong, then the pies (no shame in losing to West Coast), then I reckon GWS, they look good. Richmond, aka no depth FC? Who knows, losing Rance could really destroy their season (compared to initial expectations, I still think they might be like Collingwood 2012, as in they still may scrape top 4 at least). As for Melbourne idk, what is going on there? Also I think Brisbane will be hard to beat, not that they weren't already last year (they made it very tough for the pies).

Jumping off far too early mate, we’re playing with a very inexperienced team at the moment. Get most of our team back in and we’re still one of the best going around. Not using injuries as an excuse but they are a reason. You think Cameron kicks 7 if one of grimes or rance was playing on the weekend? Geez we had 4 of our starting 6 backs out, that’s gonna take a toll.
Mostly we are only missing fringe players. Against Collingwood we were done before Jack went down. It's not that we are just getting beaten, we are playing pathetic and being embarrassed. If the loss of 2-3 star players take a us from top to a joke then we don't deserve finals. All it shows is that we don't even have the depth to cover our fringe players let alone our actually good ones.

Not sure ditching 1 of our 2 good midfielders will help lol
Didn't look like there was much good with him against GWS. I was disappointed with Hardwick's comments about his 'heavy' tag coz it not such an issue when Dusty is giving the 'don't argue' at every opportunity. This is what happens when you're the grunt of an average midfield brigade and think that you can give it but then have issues with taking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else's AFL.com.au ladder predictor not saving their selections? Mine keeps reverting to predictions I made weeks ago.

Didn't look like there was much good with him against GWS. I was disappointed with Hardwick's comments about his 'heavy' tag coz it not such an issue when Dusty is giving the 'don't argue' at every opportunity. This is what happens when you're the grunt of an average midfield brigade and think that you can give it but then have issues with taking it.
A don't argue is used when you have the ball and are avoiding a tackler. What a tagger does is when no-one has the ball and you know that you can't beat your opponent on merit and have to resort to cheating.

And that's not just against Dusty, I hate all the cheat scragging and punching off the ball of all players. When you aren't good enough to win on ability you resort to what take a absolutely no skill, which is to grab and punch blokes. All taggers, even the best ones, are failed midfielders. Yes even ling, who was meh until he decided to concentrate more on scragging than ball winning.

A don't argue is used when you have the ball and are avoiding a tackler. What a tagger does is when no-one has the ball and you know that you can't beat your opponent on merit and have to resort to cheating.
And that's not just against Dusty, I hate all the cheat scragging and punching off the ball of all players. When you aren't good enough to win on ability you resort to what take a absolutely no skill, which is to grab and punch blokes. All taggers, even the best ones, are failed midfielders. Yes even ling, who was meh until he decided to concentrate more on scragging than ball winning.
Ohh yes let's be football purists and define what is merit coz there a fine line between cheating with tagging and also between cheating and a don't argue! I've seen Dusty get away with a few that were above shoulder height. Now when a player does that and makes his opponents look cheap, they tend to hold grudges against that player so some tags could become over zealous. I'm actually a fan of tagging within the rules of the game and think that there is equal merit in that if it's done correctly but it the umpires job to call it how they see it without giving special treatment one way or another! Heaven forbid Dusty turning into a princess that the umpires render untouchable such as Garry Ablett Jnr @ GCS!<_<

P.S. Clinger had always been a natural ball magnet, which is another reason why he made such a good tagger so you should do your research about that tbh. It wasn't the ball winning that he had the problem with, it was his disposal once he got it coz his kick had too much arc onnit but wasn't such a problem when rebounding from a turnover, which is why he was a more suited tagger. But this is the beauty about what makes up the dynamics of a team that is effective by capitalising on individual strengths to compliment a team the most. It like how Dusty doesn't chase and tackle, which could bite him on the arse if he isn't getting his hands on the ball, which also may be why he is getting tagged.

Last edited:
Mostly we are only missing fringe players. Against Collingwood we were done before Jack went down. It's not that we are just getting beaten, we are playing pathetic and being embarrassed. If the loss of 2-3 star players take a us from top to a joke then we don't deserve finals. All it shows is that we don't even have the depth to cover our fringe players let alone our actually good ones.
Fringe players?
Rance?
Jack?
Caddy?
Grigg?
Houli?
Grimes?
Then you lose short and cotchin during the game with Martin to miss at least next week.
Yes we aren’t playing well however when you take a huge amount of experience out of a team all at once it’s gonna take its toll. You can’t replace a 200 game player with kids in their first few games and expect instant results. This week we’ll go to Adelaide without our 4 best players for the first time since 2008, you don’t think that’s a reason we are gonna struggle?

Can you point out an incident where De Boer did any of that on Saturday?

As opposed to tanking games interstate and at home...

it wasn't a criticism old mate...tigers don't seem to care about interstate games and it doesn't affect anythng... even in their premiership year .

now go and change your tampon.

Fringe players?
Rance?
Jack?
Caddy?
Grigg?
Houli?
Grimes?
Then you lose short and cotchin during the game with Martin to miss at least next week.
Yes we aren’t playing well however when you take a huge amount of experience out of a team all at once it’s gonna take its toll. You can’t replace a 200 game player with kids in their first few games and expect instant results. This week we’ll go to Adelaide without our 4 best players for the first time since 2008, you don’t think that’s a reason we are gonna struggle?
Rioli may be in doubt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back