Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record, where is the introduce yourself thread gone.?

Points up my observation of an 'old boys' club.

I was born in the Sou West district of Vic, grew up in Geelong & never considered supporting any other club.

Have now lived in QLD half my life, is it any surprise I barrack for Lions & Suns when we (Cats) aren't playing them.?
Seems to have slipped down a few pages due to inactivity

But it can be found either through a search or in the 'Resources and index of important threads' sticky thread

Or via this link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...orters-introduce-yourself-here.990820/page-29

Haha spazz the dogs are my second favourite team, I went to the Geelong v Bulldogs game at Etihad where Johnson kicked a point after the siren and we won!! Was a special night as we got to sit on level 2 and were right in front of where he kicked it, well off to the side but still.
I remember that game. Thought he was gonna kick that for sure.
I've never got to sit on level 2!
Both my kids go for the dogs, when I was a kid my dad lived near the Western Oval so used to go there for something to do.

I remember that game. Thought he was gonna kick that for sure.
I've never got to sit on level 2!
Both my kids go for the dogs, when I was a kid my dad lived near the Western Oval so used to go there for something to do.

Just remember this guy standing up next to me and high fiving me lol

Well my bro in law at the time was a social club member so he got good seats but he no longer is anymore.

Cool. Guess you still go to their games then sometimes? It’s good that they play in Geelong now too.

Last edited:
Just remember this guy standing up next to me and high fiving me lol

Well my bro in law at the time was a social club member so he got good seats but he no longer is anymore.

Cool. Guess you still go to their games then sometimes? It’s good that they play in Geelong now too.
Went to 2 last year. Cheap & easy to get to.
Hey if you get the red bull tv app (free) on your TV there is a doco on Dovi on all the behind the scenes stuff from last year.
Was really good. I liked it a lot.

Went to 2 last year. Cheap & easy to get to.
Hey if you get the red bull tv app (free) on your TV there is a doco on Dovi on all the behind the scenes stuff from last year.
Was really good. I liked it a lot.

Cool. ;)

yeah dunno if our tv would have it. Sounds interesting though.

There was a doco on fb called Rossi’s Secret Room. It’s his secret archive, although I watched it in Italian and didn’t have a clue what he was saying but there is an English version I think but I loved listening to him speak in his language lol 😂
There’s 4 episodes though. This was the first. It had all his outfits, helmets etc pretty cool.

Cool. ;)

yeah dunno if our tv would have it. Sounds interesting though.

There was a doco on fb called Rossi’s Secret Room. It’s his secret archive, although I watched it in Italian and didn’t have a clue what he was saying but there is an English version I think but I loved listening to him speak in his language lol 😂
There’s 4 episodes though. This was the first. It had all his outfits, helmets etc pretty cool.
Yeah cool. Saw that but haven't watched it yet. Might have to. Yeah he sounds so cool when he talks.

Yeah cool. Saw that but haven't watched it yet. Might have to. Yeah he sounds so cool when he talks.

Did I tell you how I saw this post on FB of Rossi? they had a photo of each year starting at 96' till last year lol it was pretty cool. Like of him on all his different bikes.

Anyways I better go to sleep now. Got work tomorrow! Goodnight. :)

Just for the record, where is the introduce yourself thread gone.?

Points up my observation of an 'old boys' club.

I was born in the Sou West district of Vic, grew up in Geelong & never considered supporting any other club.

Have now lived in QLD half my life, is it any surprise I barrack for Lions & Suns when we (Cats) aren't playing them.?

this one?

its right here.

GO Catters

Argh.... I've got some idiot sitting beside me at the cricket. It's long bench seating with numbers painted on the back to represent the different seat numbers

Anyway, I'm seat 5, and when I got here and to me seat there was someone sitting over seats 4 & 5, but because it wasn't busy & it wasn't the Australian game (Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh), I decided to not worry about it and sat in about seat 6.5

At the innings break this guy went to get food so I moved over to seat 5. He comes back from getting food, kinda looks at me and sits in about seat 3

At the end of the first match I went to get food and haven't long got back - he's moved his back back to in front of seat 5 and mumbles something at me. I say pardon, and he repeats "you're in my seat, I'm seat 6", to which I reply, "ok, I'm seat 5" - the only time I was on his apparent seat is when he failed to sit there in the first place

I've now moved his bag so I can take back seat 5 - but what does he expect, that his one seat allows him to use as much space as he wants?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argh.... I've got some idiot sitting beside me at the cricket. It's long bench seating with numbers painted on the back to represent the different seat numbers

Anyway, I'm seat 5, and when I got here and to me seat there was someone sitting over seats 4 & 5, but because it wasn't busy & it wasn't the Australian game (Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh), I decided to not worry about it and sat in about seat 6.5

At the innings break this guy went to get food so I moved over to seat 5. He comes back from getting food, kinda looks at me and sits in about seat 3

At the end of the first match I went to get food and haven't long got back - he's moved his back back to in front of seat 5 and mumbles something at me. I say pardon, and he repeats "you're in my seat, I'm seat 6", to which I reply, "ok, I'm seat 5" - the only time I was on his apparent seat is when he failed to sit there in the first place

I've now moved his bag so I can take back seat 5 - but what does he expect, that his one seat allows him to use as much space as he wants?
Bet the prick reclines his airline seat every time he flies.

Bet the prick reclines his airline seat every time he flies.
Probably sits front row the extra leg room also

Then reclines because it's his right...

Feeling pretty bummed out by not getting an interview for a job. There are already very few jobs at a low enough level, in the right areas, in the right location, etc. so to miss out on one that ticked all the boxes hurts.

Work wants to bump up my responsibilities a bit but that's only because they've lost basically everyone except for me. Not too keen on taking that poisoned chalice so I can be the sole office drudge.

Feeling pretty bummed out by not getting an interview for a job. There are already very few jobs at a low enough level, in the right areas, in the right location, etc. so to miss out on one that ticked all the boxes hurts.

Work wants to bump up my responsibilities a bit but that's only because they've lost basically everyone except for me. Not too keen on taking that poisoned chalice so I can be the sole office drudge.
That sucks. Sorry man. So often though when you think you missed out on something perfect, a while later something even more perfect comes along.

That sucks. Sorry man. So often though when you think you missed out on something perfect, a while later something even more perfect comes along.

Or sometimes you think somethings perfect and then it just turns to ashes in your mouth.

Forwards not backwards, twirling, freedom, etc.

That sucks

I'm going through the job hunting s**t at the moment and it sucks - had some interviews late last year and got to the final stage for a casual job but didn't unfortunately didn't get over the line. I got the call at like 9:30pm to say "thanks but not this time" - I decided * it and booked a holiday

Good luck with things and hope your luck changes soon

At the moment - any

Though I'm also trying to get work that's related to the travel industry - not so much travel agent but more customer facing & interaction

What kind of work are you guys looking for?

Most of the things I'm looking at are public sector (because that's what I have the most experience in and enjoy working in the APS environment) but I'm open to any kind of analytical/project type job. In the past I looked more specifically at admin roles but my current role is a pure expression of admin so it'd have to be the right admin role to be interesting.

At the moment - any

Though I'm also trying to get work that's related to the travel industry - not so much travel agent but more customer facing & interaction

For me personally the times in my life when I've been seeking any job have been the most demoralising bar none. Just wanting to get started in any capacity and then go from there, but being stuck in this weird limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back