Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. My nephew's birthday is tomorrow, and we were planning on catching up for his birthday on Sunday. My parents, my other brother and I decided not to go as my parents are both in their 70s and mum has respiratory problems, so decided in the current climate that it would be safer to stay home. My brother who's son is having the birthday was peeved about it.

ScoMo came out tonight and said to limit gatherings to less than 10 people - there would've been at least a dozen of us there if we all went.

Vindicated. :p

Work has been crazy busy this week with all the closures as people have either already been stood down and are seeking assistance, or are fearful they could be adversely affected so are calling to see what assistance we can offer in case they lose their positions.

Then there are those people who have been stood down and because of all the footage and stories of the queues outside Centrelink and MyGov crashing they are reluctant to even try seeking assistance as they don't want to wait in a queue for hours on end.

Had my first customer today who had been affected by all the panic buying too - she had a son with special needs and felt she needed to stock up on essentials as well, and as a result spent all the money she had in the bank so wasn't to able to buy any groceries. Fortunately she had family helping with that though. Not everyone has access to that kind of assistance though unfortunately.

Good joke in the paper yesterday.

A guy was digging a big hole in the backyard. His neighbour popped his head over the fence and asked if he's putting in a new garden. "Nah mate, I work on the Metro tunnel project, but I'm working from home today." :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad day- rode to work (?essential service), had my 2 running shoes packed in pannier, orthotics inside, got to work, one shoe has dropped out.
Not found by my wife who retraced route only 30 minutes later, and not handed into train stations along the route ( Mitcham to Box Hill).
What possible use is a single R shoe to anyone else?
Orthotics co$t as much if not > shoe itself. Not a great start to the day.
Meeting today- looks as if we are destined to telehealth, minimal work for the foreseeable future; maybe not so essential.

2 of our best friends were on a cruise ship to NZ, never got there, tested positive to Covid after returning home on Friday. Nearly 60, symptoms not too severe, but hits home.

Work has been crazy busy this week with all the closures as people have either already been stood down and are seeking assistance, or are fearful they could be adversely affected so are calling to see what assistance we can offer in case they lose their positions.

Then there are those people who have been stood down and because of all the footage and stories of the queues outside Centrelink and MyGov crashing they are reluctant to even try seeking assistance as they don't want to wait in a queue for hours on end.

Had my first customer today who had been affected by all the panic buying too - she had a son with special needs and felt she needed to stock up on essentials as well, and as a result spent all the money she had in the bank so wasn't to able to buy any groceries. Fortunately she had family helping with that though. Not everyone has access to that kind of assistance though unfortunately.
Do you manage a supermarket?

Bad day- rode to work (?essential service), had my 2 running shoes packed in pannier, orthotics inside, got to work, one shoe has dropped out.
Not found by my wife who retraced route only 30 minutes later, and not handed into train stations along the route ( Mitcham to Box Hill).
What possible use is a single R shoe to anyone else?
Orthotics co$t as much if not > shoe itself. Not a great start to the day.
Meeting today- looks as if we are destined to telehealth, minimal work for the foreseeable future; maybe not so essential.

2 of our best friends were on a cruise ship to NZ, never got there, tested positive to Covid after returning home on Friday. Nearly 60, symptoms not too severe, but hits home.
That's s**t about your shoe - I've got orthotics so understand the pain of losing one

Best wishes to your friends in their recovery

Tonight was leftovers - night 3 of takeaway from local Chinese/noodle shop (home delivery)

The idea being to support the local places while they are still allowed to operate, plus save what food is in the fridge/freezer for later when home cooking is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back