Review 2020 Grand Final discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I recommend the “half glass full” approach.

Don’t ask yourself who you would prefer to see WIN because both options are horrible. Ask yourself who you would prefer to see LOSE.

I reckon the loss bounces off Richmond pretty easily. Whereas a Geelong loss will see tears from Dangerfield, Ablett and Selwood and the usual horrible sportsmanship from Scott and Selwood.

When you look at that way, there is really only one answer. Go Tigers (ideally on the back of terrible umpiring or a shambolic score review)

Hard to work out who to want to win.

1. Scott v Dimmer - Dimmer
2. Selwood v Cotchen - Pass
3. Danger v Dusty - Dusty
4. Lynch v Hawkins - Pass
5. Riewoldt v Rohan - Pass
6. Richmond win and have 13 Flags (equal with HFC) - NO.
7. Geelong win and get to 10 Flags - Pathetic.

Let's just forget 2020. :(

I think I speak for a fair majority here when I say I couldn't give a sh*t about next week now and don't remember being less enthused for a Granny in a long long time. In fact if they had Bris v Port play off for 3rd I'd watch that on repeat instead.
Is it possible neither side can win next week? 🤪
Worst GF match up since 1990 I reckon. 2011 honourable nomination.

I recommend the “half glass full” approach.

Don’t ask yourself who you would prefer to see WIN because both options are horrible. Ask yourself who you would prefer to see LOSE.

I reckon the loss bounces off Richmond pretty easily. Whereas a Geelong loss will see tears from Dangerfield, Ablett and Selwood and the usual horrible sportsmanship from Scott and Selwood.

When you look at that way, there is really only one answer. Go Tigers (ideally on the back of terrible umpiring or a shambolic score review)
yeah, and the fact we had an influx of Cats fans selecting Geelong in the poll last night and troll-liking posts has flipped my thoughts.

Go tigers!

*poll is now public

Richmond the lesser of two evils for me. Hard to find any positives out of either side winning except that it means the other side loses.

So have to find the positives in a side losing. For me there's more positives that come from Geelong losing.
- Chris Scott is way worse than Dimma (who's actually alright if it wasn't for the Richmond thing)
- Cats have more flogs that I'd enjoy seeing not win
- By making the GF and not winning they'll probably be very tempted to aggressively trade their first rounders to get players and try again next year (and we might be able to take advantage of that)

At the end of the day there's no good result unless they cancel the GF and have no winner at all in 2020.

I know we all detest Geelong and the antics of Scott and Selwood...but I think I'd prefer them this week.

I don't want Tigers going 3 from 4 (It's been close to 10 years for Cats so you know...meh).

But mostly I just don't like the gross adult version of Auskick the Tigers play and couldn't stand that ugly sh*t getting in the convo of which side was better etc et
A lot of bog ordinary players on the Tigrs list.
Fleet of foot is all they are but one on one, some very poor footballers.

Dusty has to capitalise on all his opportunties because the Tigers have looked flat the last 2 games
and i don't think their scattergun approach is at 100% as per previous years.

A lot of bog ordinary players on the Tigrs list.
Fleet of foot is all they are but one on one, some very poor footballers.

Dusty has to capitalise on all his opportunties because the Tigers have looked flat the last 2 games
and i don't think their scattergun approach is at 100% as per previous years.
Couldn’t be too poor
They’re going for 3 out of 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consider this: It's probably only because of Mason Cox that Richmond aren't going for a fourpeat here... :eek:

Hurts to say but they are the 2 best teams in a slapped together season. Extremely disappointed in the Lions. They couldn't have played more into Geelongs hands if they tried. Either didn't have a plan B or simply couldn't execute it. Ironic that it's the 1st all Vic GF in about 10yrs but being played interstste

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't think Geelong were THAT great last night.

Brisbane were shell shocked, and played real sub par footy. Besides the tigers game they were bog average for that last bit of the season. Probably lucky they didn't lose by 10-15 goals.

Back