2020 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone shoot me...I can't stand Devon and think he's a trap but am being highly enticed and hypnotised by all the positive reports out of Essendon about the unmentionable J.Stringer. It must be a stupid feeling right? He's only $50k more than smith and will be spending much more time in the mids...especially early with all the injuries.

He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He breaks a tackle. He charges out of the pack. He blazes away turning it over.
OR
He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He breaks a tackle. He breaks a tackle. He gets tackled. He turns it over.
OR
He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He panics, he kicks over his shoulder, blazing away.

Stringer is one player who I would only consider picking with LESS midfield minutes. He's a natural forward, who should only be given a quick run on the ball when he hasn't seen much of it. The obsession with putting good players in the midfield thinking it's just natural they'll be good there is the downfall of a few sides often. He's an AA forward, bog average midfielder, don't fall into the trap.

I am thinking of Ceglar, will be number one ruck with McEvoy down back and could average well in to the 80's. Also cover for Gawn / Grundy. It feels wrong though?
It's something I've considered as well. You're right in that he is earmarked for the main ruck position this season. His scores should be fairly consistent, around the 85 mark.

The only issue I have is that he is kind of in no mans land in terms of what to do with him as the season progresses. I likely don't want him in my team by the end of the season and it's unlikely he will increase in value as much as someone like Smith/Steven who are priced lower and also have a higher ceiling/more keeper (top 6) potential.

So whilst conceptually I like it and in isolation it could be a good idea, I fear it may leave my forward line stagnant later in the season and be an inferior selection compared to the alternatives.

What are people's thoughts on Cumming and MacPherson? Along with Docherty, they are currently the only midpricers in my team.

He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He breaks a tackle. He charges out of the pack. He blazes away turning it over.
OR
He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He breaks a tackle. He breaks a tackle. He gets tackled. He turns it over.
OR
He goes into the mids. He wins the ball. He panics, he kicks over his shoulder, blazing away.

Stringer is one player who I would only consider picking with LESS midfield minutes. He's a natural forward, who should only be given a quick run on the ball when he hasn't seen much of it. The obsession with putting good players in the midfield thinking it's just natural they'll be good there is the downfall of a few sides often. He's an AA forward, bog average midfielder, don't fall into the trap.
Stringer is a a bloody good clearance player, one of the best in the league. he just doesnt go in there enough because they need him up forward.

anyone as equally bullish on A Brayshaw this year?

Just have a feeling he's going to have a mini break out year - Tons of talent, more midfield time, the right age, wont play Gaff every week...... and quite a juicy mid price

I'm all in
A few people on here are keen on him. I am, but just can't fit him in

Note that he copped a bad cork in the match on the weekend, as well as a foot problem (foot stomped on I believe), not 100% confirmed for round 1

(found this on the Freo board)

screenshot-2020-03-09_16-42-19-png.836444

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have a feeling he's going to have a mini break out year - Tons of talent, more midfield time, the right age, wont play Gaff every week...... and quite a juicy mid price

I'm all in

I like how you specified 'A Brayshaw' even though both of their names start with A.

Ainsworth just slipped into M6. lol

Liked what ive seen in marsh & he’s scored bloody well off limited TOG. 4th year in system & some good mid support around him, I think he can average 90+.

At 320k, I’m happy to fork out the extra 100k over Rowell.

Did i mention I’ve also got D Mac at F2??😂😂

Ainsworth just slipped into M6. lol

Liked what ive seen in marsh & he’s scored bloody well off limited TOG. 4th year in system & some good mid support around him, I think he can average 90+.

At 320k, I’m happy to fork out the extra 100k over Rowell.

Did i mention I’ve also got D Mac at F2??😂😂

I'm all in

I'm interested in Gaff's punching bag :moustache: .

Really unsure what he will av priced at 70 unsure if he can go 90 plus.

He was played forward abit last year and Ross never gave him enough TOG.

Just seen he's a bit bloody and bruised sore foot stitches needed.
Hopefully he's ok.

Anyone from North care to give me a read on Jy Simpkin?

When he plays around the footy he scores well for his price.

Anyone from North care to give me a read on Jy Simpkin?

When he plays around the footy he scores well for his price.
6 tons last year.
problem is he throws in some really low scores.
will be in the mids this year.
alot to like. he will improve his average.

My F2. The notion that picking a key forward is a bad idea means no one is talking about him. Been a top 8 forward 2 years running for total points and I can only see his average increasing with the team improving due to Tim Kelly and Naitanui entering the fray.

Had an excellent preseason too only slightly affected due to a broken cheekbone which won't affect his ability to keep his fitness base up or keep him away from any ball work. In his prime from an age perspective too.

Get on board
Never Forget.

1583907124406.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back