Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the general admission situation at KP will be next year, what with the GA terrace being demolished?
I called the club a few weeks ago and asked exactly this. They said it will be situated in the Players Stand. I asked how much capacity would they expect to be available, given the reduced seating and loss of the Ablett Terrace. After chasing up, they were unable to tell me. I got the impression they hadn't previously considered it.

I got the impression they hadn't previously considered it.
More likely the person on the phone isnt informed fully by their bosses.

There’s gonna be people who get locked out because 6000 people are without a seat/stand and there’s not that many spare spots in other parts of the ground.

I assume that reserved seat holders will get a temp seat somewhere else in the ground for the year, and any unsold seats will be “ga”, but probably have to spend $5 on a reserved seat.

I haven't got around to this phone call as yet. Curious, how has everyone else gone? (assuming they've bothered?)

I haven't bothered. If you don't go to the Melbourne games, then it's probably worth it. But if you do (which I do), then you'd be out of pocket as the $100 or whatever it is you save, wouldn't cover the cost of all those games, you'd still need to fork out for some of them.

I plan to this week after reading this article.
I'm glad the place is healthy, it's why I do my bit each year, but it would be nice they sent it back the member's way too.

Nah bit of an update on that.

Today I got an email from the club, refusing my concession membership. (I am on a Health Care Card, currently looking for a job + had to scan a copy and send it to them), wanted $50 more for the membership.

I politely told them to refund what I had paid them immediately.

Really had no idea where to post this, but a great result by the club:

Geelong Cats reveal financial result for past 12 months

The Geelong Football Club has announced some bumper financial results for the past 12 months, despite battling to regularly host crowds at Kardinia Park during the 2021 season.

The Geelong Football Club has announced a statutory net profit of $4.7 million for the year ending October 31, 2021.

The Cats attributed the strong financial result to the sale of The Brook gaming venue in November last year, resulting in a gain on sale of $2.4 million.

Geelong said the ongoing support of its membership base, the team reaching the 2021 preliminary final, and its management’s response in reducing the cost base materially during the previous financial year all assisted the club in producing the exceptional financial result given the circumstances.

The Cats are now debt free “for the first time in decades” and have no direct revenues from any form of gambling and gaming.

In a statement, Geelong said it was focused on identifying new opportunities to substitute gaming revenues to ensure a sustainable operating model into the future, including expanding its investment in the health and fitness and hospitality industries.

With operating revenue increasing by 33.3 per cent to $47.4 million, chief operating officer Simon Kelleher said the Cats were in a strong position heading into the 2022 season.

“While our result was underpinned by the sale of The Brook gaming venue, we must acknowledge and thank the ongoing contribution of our Geelong Strong members in season 2021, in what was another disrupted and challenging year in being able to attend games of football,” Kelleher said.

“We saw all areas of the club display great flexibility and agility in making significant changes to the way we operate.

“Those changes ensured we delivered an exceptional financial result in 2021, while the club was able to continue to perform at a high level on and off the field.

“The club is now debt free for the first time in decades and positioned to bounce out of COVID-19 and management has developed a clear strategy under new CEO Steve Hocking for crowds to return in season 2022.”

Sponsorship and advertising revenues increased to $11.7m compared to the $10.1m in the prior year, with Geelong acknowledging the ongoing support of its major partner Ford and other principal partners GMHBA, Cotton On, Deakin University and Morris Finance in contributing to its strong off-field position.

Given we were talking about 5-10 million in the tank when Covid hit... to be literally debt free now is outstanding work by the club but also the membership for sticking fat when not a lot necessarily came back our way.... ( signed jumper ...cough cough...)

Anyway... maybe this year ill actually get to sit in the $1800.00 dollar reserved seats we have.... ( 3 years at 600 a ping and not sat in then once yet)

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah bit of an update on that.

Today I got an email from the club, refusing my concession membership. (I am on a Health Care Card, currently looking for a job + had to scan a copy and send it to them), wanted $50 more for the membership.

I politely told them to refund what I had paid them immediately.

From what I can tell, the AFL is one sport where Health Care Cards aren't accepted in terms of concession allowances

I've got memberships with other teams where I've been able to use my health care card to get a concession memberships, but unfortunately not eligible with the football which is annoying

From what I can tell, the AFL is one sport where Health Care Cards aren't accepted in terms of concession allowances

I've got memberships with other teams where I've been able to use my health care card to get a concession memberships, but unfortunately not eligible with the football which is annoying
I checked the mcg.org website. HHCs are accepted as concessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back