List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think it's worth remembering that his manager is being filmed by a camera crew for a documentary series. Clearly he's going to try and milk everything he's doing for the narrative of the doco (it is about player agents, after all) and if the director of the doco is worth his salt, he would've prepped his agent on soundbites.

You also have to wonder what the club thinks of Logan and his player agent discussing our offer on camera to be broadcasted nationally as part of a documentary. This stuff always gets out to the media one way or another but I doubt the club would be thrilled that the details of it and their reactions to it are being aired for everyone, including the rest of the comp, to see, and that a party we're presumably supposed to be negotiating with are using it as a media grab.

You also have to wonder what the club thinks of Logan and his player agent discussing our offer on camera to be broadcasted nationally as part of a documentary. This stuff always gets out to the media one way or another but I doubt the club would be thrilled that the details of it and their reactions to it are being aired for everyone, including the rest of the comp, to see, and that a party we're presumably supposed to be negotiating with are using it as a media grab.
That was my comment on Twitter. The agent is doing a fair job IMO in trying to maximise Logan's value but doing it in the public eye serves no-one's interests.
Reduces his value to the Swans' followers. Might result in the club digging its toes in and him going back to WA. And I don't get the feeling that that was the objective unless there has been some serious hanky panky.

With all due respect I think this is a bit over the top. Granted I am concerned about the yearly loss of players we seem to experience and I think at some point that has to come to a halt if we're to take the next step towards winning a flag.

But we have lost players for a variety of reasons, not just because of geographical location. Aliir Aliir was from WA and Queensland, but requested a trade to South Australia. George Hewett was from South Australia but requested a trade to Victoria. Tom Mitchell was from WA but requested a trade to Victoria. So it's not like we are losing players purely because of homesickness.

The way out of the cycle though is to be drafting players who want to play footy. Not interested in money, external career opportunities or even necessarily being at their family's doorstep, but who just want to play footy and have great loyalty and will bleed for their club.

And it is possible. They're out there. JPK was a member of Victorian football royalty, but was given the chance to be with us and has gone on to become one of our best ever representatives. Luke Parker another, would've fielded huge offers from Victorian clubs but believed in our club and has gone on to become it's captain.

And you can also see it in the next generation. Florent has had every right to want to return to Melbourne - his mum and brother were there after losing his father, but has (so far) resisted that urge. Rowbottom has re-signed before he's even needed to twice now, and for 3 years each time rather than the standard 2 that flight risks typically do, suggesting a return to Victoria isn't even on his agenda.

And for all we know, Logan might be one of these kids too. Until there's evidence on the contrary, why not just give him the benefit of the doubt?

We also need an admin position whose job is to find suitable girlfriends/future wives from Sydney. I wonder how often it’s a player’s partner from another State who misses her friends and family or are professionally better placed in their home city or want the support of their family when they start their own. Dawson really let us down but what influence did his girlfriend have? (This is only partly tongue in cheek, people!)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I put together the draft / trade list for the last few years. I hope it is right.

View attachment 1337622

I will die on this hill: Brady Rowles would've been a great player for us. Imagine a Justin McInerney but, somehow, even faster.

Yet another reason to say **** you COVID

I liked him as well. But I never saw him play. Sad.

His wheels were insane. You know in those cartoons when a character would be running and their legs would always go in an exaggerated circular motion to show how fast they were going? Rowles' legs literally did that when he'd take off, and he was good at steadying after a line-breaking sprint. Showed a lot more than Carruthers IMO, who we picked up on an identical contract in an identical position a few months after delisting Rowles. Oh well. Maybe the club knew something about him that we didn't. Or maybe he didn't want another year on an AFL list playing in a reserves competition that was dysfunctional because of COVID. Who knows. Just a shame.

His wheels were insane. You know in those cartoons when a character would be running and their legs would always go in an exaggerated circular motion to show how fast they were going? Rowles' legs literally did that when he'd take off, and he was good at steadying after a line-breaking sprint. Showed a lot more than Carruthers IMO, who we picked up on an identical contract in an identical position a few months after delisting Rowles. Oh well. Maybe the club knew something about him that we didn't. Or maybe he didn't want another year on an AFL list playing in a reserves competition that was dysfunctional because of COVID. Who knows. Just a shame.
He could run. That cannot be denied.

I put together the draft / trade list for the last few years. I hope it is right.

View attachment 1337622

It's Shaun Edwards and he retired.
Maybe it's Haybeline is very much not a mid.
Robbie Fox isn't best 22 or best 25.
Wicks isn't best 22 according to the graphic ahead of Campbell, who just isn't there yet.

It's Shaun Edwards and he retired.
Maybe it's Haybeline is very much not a mid.
Robbie Fox isn't best 22 or best 25.
Wicks isn't best 22 according to the graphic ahead of Campbell, who just isn't there yet.
Robbie Fox is one of the first in when we have injuries to our best defenders, Best 25 imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well of course, but unless 'best 25' is actually 'best 35' it just doesn't add up.
You enjoy being an abrasive character. I suppose it adds a bit of colour and spice to the site and your life.
You sound like you have a good grasp of maths.
But my categories are just generalisations. to be too specific would require daily adjustments.
There are no totals in my spreadsheet though so it doesn't need to add up too anything but an opinion.
My challenge to you is to rate every player in a list from 1 to 44 and see how you go.

Uneducated hunch that this will be the last season as a Swan for Jakey Lloyd.

Can see him moving to Vic next year to finish his career. Geelong or Bombers obvious choices.
Any idea what has driven this hunch? Still polling terrifically well in the Skilton. No obvious successor yet to push him out of the team.
It would have to be either money or personal life.
TBH I can't see a Vic club shelling out big bucks or a long contract for a 30 year old back pocket. Moving costs money, though of course he may be up for that at the end of his career anyway.
He's not a big name so some of the "extras" are unlikely to come his way.
He and Zoe have just had a bub.
So what would be his motivation?

Any idea what has driven this hunch? Still polling terrifically well in the Skilton. No obvious successor yet to push him out of the team.
It would have to be either money or personal life.
TBH I can't see a Vic club shelling out big bucks or a long contract for a 30 year old back pocket. Moving costs money, though of course he may be up for that at the end of his career anyway.
He's not a big name so some of the "extras" are unlikely to come his way.
He and Zoe have just had a bub.
So what would be his motivation?
I did say uneducated....

Just based on our salary cap squeeze

He might get more $ elsewhere.

On the other hand he might have other values outside 💰

I did say uneducated....

Just based on our salary cap squeeze

He might get more $ elsewhere.

On the other hand he might have other values outside

So we lost two of our top 10 and still need to lose more players due to salary cap squeeze?

We’re either doing something drastically wrong or we need COLA back very soon. If we lose another top 10-15 player this year it’ll be even more embarrassing if that’s actually possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Lloyd won't be going anywhere and will finish his career a Swans great of his generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back