12. Fremantle 36
13. Gold Coast 32
14. West Coast 32
15. Adelaide 28
16. Hawthorn
17. Sydney
18. Collingwood

You had me at Adelaide above Carlton...
Why not? i mean.. 2022 is going to be a very strange season and also we are talking about Carlton here. also, dont drink the freo bath water.. i have no idea why so many many are picking the Dockers to be bolters up the ladder lol

Why not? i mean.. 2022 is going to be a very strange season and also we are talking about Carlton here. also, dont drink the freo bath water.. i have no idea why so many many are picking the Dockers to be bolters up the ladder lol
...and you wouldn't happen to be drinking the Adelaide bathwater...being an Adelaide fan, would you?

"One of Adelaide's young guns says there's 'GREAT BELIEF' from the playing group the Crows can reach the finals in 2022."

I have great belief in them reaching the finals...and then sitting on the sidelines!

...and you wouldn't happen to be drinking the Adelaide bathwater...being an Adelaide fan, would you?

"One of Adelaide's young guns says there's 'GREAT BELIEF' from the playing group the Crows can reach the finals in 2022."

I have great belief in them reaching the finals...and then sitting on the sidelines!
I have the Crows winning between 8-10 games. won 7 in 2021, played some good footy at times. organic growth, some good kids. marked it in the book

Melbourne
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Geelong
Essendon
Fremantle
----------------
Carlton
St Kilda
GWS
Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn

I'd argue any team in positions 7th-11th could snag the 8th spot as there's usually a handful of teams around that part of the ladder near the end of the year.

1.Brisbane ---- 16
2.Richmond ---- 15
3.GWS ---------- 15
4.Western Bulldogs --- 15
5.Melbourne 15
6.Carlton 13
7.St.Kilda 12
8.North 12
------------
9.Geelong 12
10.Essendon 11
11.Port Adelaide 10
12.Gold Coast 9
13.Fremantle 9
14.Sydney 9
15.West Coast 7
16.Hawthorn 6
17.Adelaide 6
18.Collingwood 4

2 draws

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a former Treasurer used to say: "they are a beautiful set of numbers".

I'm trying to imagine what series of catastrophic events could possibly lead to the Dogs falling to 13th on the ladder.

Maybe if the Bont, Macrae, Naughton and Libber all do their ACLs in round one?

Bioweapons? Havana syndrome?

Maybe if it turns out Beverage is shagging the Bont's missus and then when it becomes publicly known he refuses to resign?

I'm trying to imagine what series of catastrophic events could possibly lead to the Dogs falling to 13th on the ladder.

Maybe if it turns out Beverage is shagging the Bont's missus and then when it becomes publicly known he refuses to resign?
Maybe the shellacking they copped in the Grand Final might see them fall away and have a bad year?

We have seen a few teams fall right away unexpectedly the year after a dismal GF performance, eg Adelaide and GWS

I think they were so horribly exposed in the 100-7 rout that 16 other teams would be licking their lips

As for North, pretty good form in 2nd half of last year, young list with plenty of upside and do not underestimate Horne-Francis, he'll get 10+ Brownlow votes

Gold Coast right in the window

We have seen a few teams fall right away unexpectedly the year after a dismal GF performance, eg Adelaide and GWS

I think they were so horribly exposed in the 100-7 rout that 16 other teams would be licking their lips

As for North, pretty good form in 2nd half of last year, young list with plenty of upside and do not underestimate Horne-Francis, he'll get 10+ Brownlow votes

I reckon there’s as much chance of Bernard Tomic being named Australian Of The Year next week as there is of North and Gold Coast making the 8 this year.

Yep, no other sides will remember that they were 3 goals up half way through the third quarter of a GRAND FINAL.
Opposition sides are more likely to focus on what Melbourne are capable of in 40 minutes of footy rather than what the Bulldogs aren't.

They'll need a catastrophic injury run to fall out of the top 8.

Yep, no other sides will remember that they were 3 goals up half way through the third quarter of a GRAND FINAL.
Opposition sides are more likely to focus on what Melbourne are capable of in 40 minutes of footy rather than what the Bulldogs aren't.

They'll need a catastrophic injury run to fall out of the top 8.
Footy is played above the shoulders.

They only need to get ahead of themselves slightly and they’ll drop a couple of rungs.

I get the narrative but I don’t subscribe to the granny loss being the reason for the Gws drop off the following year .... they came out and belted geelong in the first game but then never looked like it after the Covid break. More Covid than granny loss methinks and can’t see the dogs dropping off after the loss last year either

Worth remembering that the Dogs were looking like good things halfway through the third quarter of the GF, and fell
away sharply.

If they’d been trampled from the first bounce I would ascribe to the “that loss will damage their psyche” comments, but they did a lot right within that game so there’s a lot that the coaches and Bulldogs staff can pay attention to in reminding the Dogs players that the heartache can be turned around. Helps also that there’s a lot of growth to come in some of their key players like Naughton, Bailey, Weightman and English.

Melbourne
Brisbane
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Geelong
St.Kilda

Sydney
Essendon
Carlton
Hawthorn
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood

Rolling ladder prediction. This one shaped by the current predicament the WA teams find themselves in. I believe any potential relocation will impact the Eagles a lot harder with an older group.

Geelong and St.Kilda making up the numbers in the 8. The Saints are a tough one to get a good read on. If they remain fully fit I can see finals in a best best case scenario situation.

Richmond to bolt back up but i'm not yet convinced it will be a long term improvement.

Brisbane the genuine contender to Melbourne after a couple of years of heartache.

Beware of the Dogs. As long as they make it to September they're a chance.

Essendon made finals one year ahead of their ultimate timeline IMO. Will be a decent side but 2023 is the year anything is possible.

1. Brisbane
2. Sydney
3. GWS
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Melbourne
6. Port Adelaide
7. Fremantle
8. Collingwood

9. Carlton
10. Essendon
11. Hawthorn
12. Gold Coast
13. Richmond
14. North Melbourne
15. Geelong
16. Adelaide
17. St Kilda
18. West Coast

Premiers - Brisbane

Brownlow Medallist - Sam Walsh (Carlton)

Rising Star - Braeden Campbell (Sydney)

Coleman Medallist - Lance Franklin (Sydney)

3 Headline Predictions:

1. Brave Pies swoop on final top 8 spot in early elimination final against old rival

2. Buddy Franklin takes out Coleman Medal and surpasses Doug Wade to move to 4th on all time AFL/VFL goal kicking tally

3. Brisbane to face off against Bulldogs as football’s grandest day finally returns to the home of football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back