Valynce Te Whare, Dolphins, $200,800, CTW
Isaiya Katoa, Dolphins, $216,100, HFB/5-8
Ray Stone, Dolphins, $246,900, 2RF/HOK
Luke Metcalf, Warriors, $250,400, 5/8

BORDERLINE CHEAPIES

Izaac Thompson, Rabbitohs, $336,700, CTW
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Warriors, $327,100, FLB//CTW

Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Dolphins, $330,200, CTW/FLB
Blue text is the players im currently running with. Blore, AKP (titans) & Hetherington could be added to the list too. I currently have AKP & Hetherington and i just ditched Blore.

The 2rFs are the most interesting position for me. Bateman is a lock for me and some combination of Garner, E.Katoa, Gilbert, Tuilagi, Elliott, Murray, Crichton, T.Harris will make my team. Then cheapies im looking at include Stone, Blore, Hopgood, Doorey and the FrF dual position options - Murdoch-Masila & Hetherington. Schuster ive picked as a 5/8 but he is an option at 2rF too.

My current team has a lot of firepower but my CTW bench currently has 3 absolute base price players and hoping all 3 are selected is optimistic to say the least. Even assuming all of them are selected for round 1, i think it would still be better to start with a few players like Naden, Talau, Jennings, HTF, Sloan so that there are more trading options because even if the base price players are selected to start with, there is no guarantee they last to round 3 and beyond and its far from ideal to be stuck with inactive base priced players. I'll have to think seriously about dropping a gun down to sure up my bench. Im most confident in AKP getting games early and then hopefully 1 of Alamoti, Sadrugu & Hodgson are selected. I currently have 3 of those 4 players and i reckon i need to get rid of at least 1, ideally 2.

There are a few key decisions that im mullling over at the moment.

1. Cleary & Hynes or 1 of the 2? (Not even considering going with neither)
- Currently have both as they are 2 great captain options and im pretty sure i will end up selecting both but i recently had a play around with dropping 1 and the changes i could make were quite nice. I think there are a few other viable HFB options but im really only significantly interested in Hastings. He can be selected as a 5/8 anyway which is why i am still leaning towards picking both Cleary and Hynes.

2. How many dolphins?
- Ive currently only got 2 but i will probably grab 1 more when i next change my team. I dont think 3 is too many but there is a lot of unknown regarding how competitive they will be and also how much consistency there will be regarding their lineup from week to week. There are lots of players that seem to be value for money but if they are dropped as they try to find the right combination, then they will end up as fools gold.

3. How much focus do we have on the byes?
- Ive barely looked into this currently as i think only 1 team has the bye for the first 12 rounds so im not sure that planning ahead for the byes is that important, but it will get hectic from round 13 onwards and having a little eye on the fixture could help substantially. Im planning on avoiding a few guns that i think will be selected for Origin and looking at alternative options e.g I.Pap/Tapine/T.Harris/Lolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back